Tamagotchi 5.5 in the washing machine....

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mn885

Reaction score
Hello. Today, my wife put my barely-worn jeans in the washing machine along with my Tamagotchi 5.5... It stayed in the machine for 5 hours; my wife removed it when she heard a continuous beep without any display. I took out the battery and opened it to check for water, very few. Now, when I put a new battery in, it emits a loud beep, but there's no display. Currently, I have placed silica gel packets without a battery. Do you think there's a chance to repair it, or is it beyond repair in your opinion?

If it’s new, you should ask for a return on Amazon. If it’s not new. You should try to put it on something with little holes on it so it can drain the water. If this doesn’t work, you may need to buy a new Tama, and not let your wife wash your pants,

If it’s new, you should ask for a return on Amazon. If it’s not new. You should try to put it on something with little holes on it so it can drain the water. If this doesn’t work, you may need to buy a new Tama, and not let your wife wash your pants,
He said it’s a Tamagotchi v5.5, that’s not new and not replaceable.

The water has likely damaged the internals. You could open up the Tamagotchi and dry it off, but it sounds like it was exposed to a lot of water and will probably not work again. I'm sorry about your loss. :(

i think you should try cleaning the circuit board with isopropyl alcohol to remove the water, as well as making sure to properly put the screen connecting rubber pads back on and screw the tamagotchi down tightly (as it needs pressure for the contacts to connect the screen to the circuitboard)

Latest posts

Back