Tamagotchi Aging Theory

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aubrey Hepburn

Reaction score
As soon as I woke up this morning to the sound of my Genjintch beeping, I started thinking about Tamagotchi ages. You know how people always used to say that 1 dog year equals 7 human years? I started thinking about how that applies to Tamagotchi, and I came to the conclusion that 1 Tama year equals approximately 5 human years. The infant stage through teenage stage last for about 3-4 Tama years, which would be equivalent to about 15-20 human years. Tamagotchi, on average, have their babies when they are between 5-8 years old, equivalent to human ages 25-40. The rest of the average Tamagotchi lifespan generally follows suit.

Not sure why I started pondering this first thing in the morning, but it made sense to me. :) What do you guys think about this theory?

That theory sounds very true, although when they are oldtimers and are 99 years, they would almost be 500 human years. :hitodetchi: Well, tamas are amazing. ^^

Wow.. :D .. I figured out something else: (a bit wrong, maybe)

(t) One year = one day (h)

6 months = 12 hours

3 months = 6 hours

1 month = 2 hours

2 weeks = 1 hour

1 week = 30 minutes

1 day = 7 minutes (roughly)

1 hour = 30 seconds (roughly)

1 minute = 0.5 seconds

1 second = 0.01 seconds

Therefore concluding (or not) that 0.01 of a human second is equal to a second in tamagotchi.

:p Wow, Rensa! That is a very good addition to what I am theorizing! You must be quite mathematical...something I'm not in the least. That's impressive! :D

fridgos, I know that in terms of days 1 Tama year equals 1 day. It's true, it has always been this way. But I was relating Tamagotchi life stages/stages of maturity to human overall life span, stages, and stages of matuity. As in, a Tamagotchi is usually a child around the age of 2, and that would be the same as humans being children around the age of 10. A Tama becomes a teen around the age of about 3, and humans are in the middle of their teenage years at the ago of 15. See what I'm saying? :D I guess it is somewhat confusing to explain. :p

B) Wow, Rensa! That is a very good addition to what I am theorizing! You must be quite mathematical...something I'm not in the least. That's impressive! :D
fridgos, I know that in terms of days 1 Tama year equals 1 day. It's true, it has always been this way. But I was relating Tamagotchi life stages/stages of maturity to human overall life span, stages, and stages of matuity. As in, a Tamagotchi is usually a child around the age of 2, and that would be the same as humans being children around the age of 10. A Tama becomes a teen around the age of about 3, and humans are in the middle of their teenage years at the ago of 15. See what I'm saying? :D I guess it is somewhat confusing to explain. :p
:p I kinda got it kinda didn't but I know what you're on about :ph34r: .

I'm not the greatest when it comes to math...

EDIT: EAsy way, multiply the tamagotchis age by five to get the human age!

Last edited by a moderator:
As soon as I woke up this morning to the sound of my Genjintch beeping, I started thinking about Tamagotchi ages. You know how people always used to say that 1 dog year equals 7 human years? I started thinking about how that applies to Tamagotchi, and I came to the conclusion that 1 Tama year equals approximately 5 human years. The infant stage through teenage stage last for about 3-4 Tama years, which would be equivalent to about 15-20 human years. Tamagotchi, on average, have their babies when they are between 5-8 years old, equivalent to human ages 25-40. The rest of the average Tamagotchi lifespan generally follows suit.
Not sure why I started pondering this first thing in the morning, but it made sense to me. :D What do you guys think about this theory?
*Nods* Interesting theory! This made me understand the aging process a bit more!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back