Tamagotchi at Toyfair 2014

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My mom bought my My Life for less 50, and 3DS videogames are about 30-40, so, since a color Tama is more simple than a My Life and a videogame, the price should be around 30

I agree with you, the Friends CM is worse, the JP CMs are girly too, but better, anyway, I think the 4U CM is worse than the Friends, it pulls me away, like the Friends one does the same for you, anyway, so far, I've never seen any kid holding a Tamagotchi Friends while walking around my city.

Anyway, I think the would make webisodes about old episodes, I mean, there's the Moriritchi game on the Tama Friends site, and on the pictures of Friday fun with Mametchi on the official FB page there are Madonnatchi and Pichitchi!

It would explain to kids Mametchi and his friends' origins, it would be good, of course, they'll not dub all the episodes, but 20-30 webisodes would be good
if we are talking about USD, 30 is too cheap for a colour tamagotchi, the tamagotchi should be sightly more than a video game, because games just have the content but not the device, and the tamagotchi has all in one.

I think a fair price for a colour version would be 50 usd / 40 euros / 30 pounds

The Japanese comercials have been girly too, but they are more eye catching and have better effects, any little detail can attract more buyers, marketing is almost as important as the toy itself sometimes xD

The 4U's commercial looks really stylish to me, I walk around everywhere with my Tamagotchi myself, so I don't see what's wrong with that. And as SailorRosete said ''a kid will want one more because its "cool" to have one if you are older. Just like a kid wanting to grow up'' , the comercial showing an adult will attract both adults and kids, making the audience bigger so getting more buyers. And Rola is an amazing model also, so that just gives them more points.

In the other hand the TF's commercial uses creepy squeaky annoying girls that go around shouting and look stupid. I dunno who they are trying to appeal with that really, because it just scares me. o~o

And I hadn't think of Moriritchi's game, maybe there's a chance we can get older chapters in the end! :)

Tamagotchi Friends has much better commercial than most toys nowadays in my opinion. I have an interest toys and I look at prices of them in shops, look at advertisements, reviews, etc. Not that I buy anything besides Tamagotchis but I like to give myself a wide knowledge of the modern toy industry so I can compare them to Tamagotchi.

Most Western toylines have bad quality control too and are much more expensive than the Tamagotchi Friends franchise. For example, there was a doll stage playset and you had to insert the back into the slots. However, both slots were facing to the left so there was no way to put the back in.

And you can move the head on the figures, so you could put Himespetchi's head the right way :)

@Myiko I don't like the 4U cm because it explains really few of the features, the previous cms were girly, but they were good cms for a vpet, while the 4U cm is like a fashion accessory cm, not a toy cm, and I hate the BGM...

Rola is cute but Bandai is using her in the wrong way.

While I prefer the Friends version of I want candy, but the cm is bad, but not like the 4U one.I used to hate the 4U especially for the cm!Now I want one, but not that much, it's a bit less good outside Japan, I still prefer my P's more :)

Most Western toylines have bad quality control too and are much more expensive than the Tamagotchi Friends franchise. For example, there was a doll stage playset and you had to insert the back into the slots. However, both slots were facing to the left so there was no way to put the back in.

And you can move the head on the figures, so you could put Himespetchi's head the right way :)
Though I think the TF is too expensive in the UK/EU (the american price is perfect), I have to angree with that, Tamagotchis have always had a reasonable price compared to most of other toys, and finding a defective tamagotchi is REALLY rare (sadly it happens... but nobody is perfect :) ), and I'm greatful to that, most toys don't really worth the price they have O_O (you don't even know how my wallet cried after buying chirstmas presents for my cousins and boyfriend)

And if you can turn their heads is not too bad then, I might get one for christmas afterall lol

Is still a really silly fail they could have easilly fixed, I hope it's just this figure and not all himespetchi ones :eek:

@Myiko I don't like the 4U cm because it explains really few of the features, the previous cms were girly, but they were good cms for a vpet, while the 4U cm is like a fashion accessory cm, not a toy cm, and I hate the BGM...

Rola is cute but Bandai is using her in the wrong way.

While I prefer the Friends version of I want candy, but the cm is bad, but not like the 4U one.I used to hate the 4U especially for the cm!Now I want one, but not that much, it's a bit less good outside Japan, I still prefer my P's more :)
I agree it doesn't show any new features, but I think they don't wanna spoil much, also they probably wanted to show how easy is to get new items with the new connection method xD

The commercial of the 4U is not too special for us since we won't get that here, but for japanese people it must be a boom :D

What I like the most is probably that Rola is staring it lol

The TF's commercial would have been better with another actresses to me, it's probably those girls what annoy me so much xD

And though I want to get a 4U too, I'm not too fusy about it either, if I get one it will probably be a year after their release, for now I'd rather enjoy my 15th iD L~~ (unless they confirm uratama and devil themed 4U cards, then I need one lol)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back