Tamagotchi Complaints

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TrickerTreat

Reaction score
I have some things I'd like to get off my chest about the Tamagotchi V1 and V2s.

First and foremost...the colors. Have you compared the colors of the European and Japanese releases to that of the American ones? Clearly Bandai of America are targeting girls specifically and it irritates me to no end. They're literally driving boys away with their girly colors. This is what I had to say on the matter in another topic:

"Bandai of America does a fantastic job at targeting young girls with the colors of their tamagotchis. The European and Japanese releases have a wide variety of colors, while the most boyish-looking V2 tamagotchi is a purple/blue color with purple buttons.

I hope they realize that they're driving boys AWAY by making the product so girly. Tamagotchis weren't just a girl thing when they first came out, if I do recall correctly, but now they're making it one. At least the green camoflauge color won't make boys afraid to buy a tamagotchi since it won't be pink and covered with hearts and unicorns."

Next are the random animations. The random animations of the V1 and V2s are more like screensavers on computers. The animation stops when you press a button, so it doesn't feel "real". It just feels like a screensaver. Wouldn't it be nice to have your tamagotchi rolling around or singing and be able to press a button without stopping the animation? It makes it feel very fake.

Another thing are the games on the V2. Is it just me, or are they REALLY HARD? The bump game is difficult and even if you get the bar up alll the way you can still lose. The heading game is nearly impossible and the jump game definitely doesn't give you enough time to press a button. You only have 2 fingers on the 2 buttons, it's nearly impossible to jump one of those fingers to another button in less than a second to press it. This rarely happens.

So yeah that's my beef with Bandai. XD

I agree with you about bump, it doesn't seem to matter what sort of amount you get on the power-bar, you can still lose easily. Do you think the weight of your tama (under the stats) makes a difference to bump?

I have a minor strategy for jump -

Position your fingers over two outside buttons; when the first circle lights up, if it's under one of your fingers, press it, otherwise tough luck - ignore it.

Move the finger that just pushed to the next unpushed button, be ready!

If you find you're getting zero jumps correct, hammer the last button

up/down as fast as you can, you can almost always get that last one!

My thumbs are way to big to be nimble on those buttons, 'heading' is near impossible for me.

The last game 'slots' when your Tama is an adult allows you to get lots of points, and isn't really a game of skill.

Oh, my real complaint!

One of my Tama's (Tarakotchi) wont goto bed before 9:30 at night - it's 9:34 right now, every other tama is asleep, but not her, she's had a bath, but now is just strutting around staying up late!

I try to give her hints by turning the light off - that seemed to work the other night, when I turned it back on she was in bed... but I think it was just a coincidence.

sigh

yeh i agree, i think all the characters shood go 2 bed @ the same time like 8ish or 9

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back