Tamagotchi Durability

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tamadot12

Reaction score
I had a v3, and it was really boring after a while. My friend tried to smash it and FAILED. (v4 same) Car? FAIL Next, the v4.5. It was a little easier to just tear apart the plastic. (I had a stripped screw, so it was tempting since I just got 3 tama-gos... > :)

Anyway, my friend (Other) had dropped Tama-go and it stopped funtioning, Then yet another friend dropped hers and IT BROKE.

(The v5 was equal quality to the v4.5)

What do you think?

EDIT: I was wiping my tama-go screen and it scuffed from the cloth! (It was NOT a cheap cloth, it was silk)

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't tell you how much I agree with this. I'm sitting here, looking at a P2 I've had since the '90s and really marveling at the fact that it took quite a lot to put it out of commission. The screens on these vintages are amazing and you can hardly see a scratch on them, unlike some other screens I've seen (TMGC+C and TMGO much? :p ). This is one of the reasons why vintage Tamagotchis will always be timeless to me. :)

Ya... The orginals I have are barely scartched. As a kid, I could have Sworn I ruined them multiple times. (Water, Pop, Kid-Wear, Dropping, Scrapes and of corse... More liquids on them) They all still work amazingly enough. Meanwhile, I do enjoy my Connections and newer digital pets, but they get scratches and such was easier then the classics. People are on style and I don't tend to play with them very often because I don't want things ruined. I always go back to my originals... They are way more fun anyway.

But I wouldn't boast too much about ruining a Tamagotchi or other digital pet you have.... Could have traded them for other things/digital pets you like(ed)

I agree. My house keys scratched my V3 badly and it works like new still after 3 months of purchase. I guess the Tama-go is made of cheap material as apparently the chain breaks very easily.

I agree. My house keys scratched my V3 badly and it works like new still after 3 months of purchase. I guess the Tama-go is made of cheap material as apparently the chain breaks very easily.
Oh, I just knew they were prone to breaking! (Thanks) As I was taking off the chains, I noticed that one was about to break...if Bandai raised quality but price to $30, I would still get it...

It doesn't make any sense. Bandai raises the price, but gives us a lower-quality item.

My Tama-Go has TONS of scratches all over the front screen, just from me leaving it in my purse! I leave my older Tamagotchi in my purse all the time, and they never get scratched up as badly as my Tama-Go.

I love my Tama-Go, and I have taken really good care of it as I do with all my Tamagotchi, so it's rather disappointing when the screen is so easily scratched up.

Someone should really do something... were the previous models made in China? If not, that explains it...

ON an almost off-subject note, part of the U.S.'s debt comes from buying goods from China. It maybe cheaper, but all the money goes to China... (side note: I am Chinese! live in U.S.)

Last edited by a moderator:
ON an almost off-subject note, part of the U.S.'s debt comes from buying goods from China. It maybe cheaper, but all the money goes to China... (side note: I am Chinese! live in U.S.)
While that's partially true, the U.S. foreign debt held by foreign countries is actually a lot smaller than people think! But that's off topic...

My Tama-go's outer screen that holds in the decorative card does scratch exceptionally easily, it's a bit much! I put the thing in my purse one time, and I probably only walked around with it for 5-10 minutes, and it now has a multitude of tiny scratches. Things like that really irk me. :angry: Also, it seems like the buttons on my TMGO are starting to become a bit unresponsive, like the Music Star's were to begin with.

Meanwhile, I have a used 1997 release that I bought from e-bay, and since it's been in my care, it has recieved no scratches and chipped no paint, with the original wear-and-tear being fairly light in the first place (looks like the screen has water spots, though... :huh: ), and it's been in my purse and pocket quite a bit! I know my Music Star's paint is beginning to rub off (the red one with piano keys), but can anyone with more experience with other versions tell me how the paint on theirs holds up to button pressing and daily play?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back