Tamagotchi emulator, 2nd beta.

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a problem :( I just choose an egg ...

1497701419-errortama.jpg
That seems to be the error that pops up when the game is installed in the default folder.

You should try to uninstall it, create a folder for it yourself and install the emulator there.

I hope this helps!

I don't usually download things like this, but I decided to trust it. It's fun so far! I actually haven't played with my real Tamagotchis in a long time...

Edit: You might not see this part, but I have a question. Is the growth chart on your original post still accurate? My Memeotchi turned into Mizutamatchi, which does not follow that chart.

Edit 2: Oh wait, I had another growth not match the chart. If it's important, I can post a second screenshot.

Tamagotchi_PCbeta.png
Edit 3: I'm noticing my Harutchi is darker than usual in some places but normal in others. I can provide some screenshots if necessary.

I have no idea how to play the games at the preschool. I can't even figure out what I need to press to jump over the jump rope...

Edit 4: This isn't very important, but when two Tamagotchis use the slide at the park, I feel like there are too few animation frames.

Last edited by a moderator:
How do you raise your Tamagotchis' skills before they are teens? In the first beta you could give them items, but that doesn't seem to work anymore.

I don't usually download things like this, but I decided to trust it. It's fun so far! I actually haven't played with my real Tamagotchis in a long time...

Edit: You might not see this part, but I have a question. Is the growth chart on your original post still accurate? My Memeotchi turned into Mizutamatchi, which does not follow that chart.

Edit 2: Oh wait, I had another growth not match the chart. If it's important, I can post a second screenshot.

Tamagotchi_PCbeta.png
Edit 3: I'm noticing my Harutchi is darker than usual in some places but normal in others. I can provide some screenshots if necessary.

I have no idea how to play the games at the preschool. I can't even figure out what I need to press to jump over the jump rope...

Edit 4: This isn't very important, but when two Tamagotchis use the slide at the park, I feel like there are too few animation frames.
I am so sorry, I did not notice you edited your post!

-The growth chart I posted on the original post only reflects odd generations, and it seems like you used the "Add Gen." to get to an even one. The growths seem to be correct in that case.

-I am not sure what you mean by that... Harutchi may be dirty, but in that case the change should be seen everywhere.

-You have to click on your character on the jump rope game and press the left arrow to rum in the statues game. The controls will be more intuitive on the next version, do not worry!

-I agree that some animations seem a bit rushed. I should probably look into it in the future.

How do you raise your Tamagotchis' skills before they are teens? In the first beta you could give them items, but that doesn't seem to work anymore.
Not all items rise skills, but some should do so (The ones on the bottom row). Also, if you press the arrow keys at the game centre, you should be able to access games that rise skills. Certain meals rise skills too (The ones at the second screen at the market).

Do the items take more time than in the first beta? I gave my Tamagotchis the building blocks for some minutes and their intelligence didn't increase... Does it have to do with the fact that I'm playing with fast speed?

Edit: How many times do you have to play games to raise skills?

Do the items take more time than in the first beta? I gave my Tamagotchis the building blocks for some minutes and their intelligence didn't increase... Does it have to do with the fact that I'm playing with fast speed?

Edit: How many times do you have to play games to raise skills?
Sorry for taking long to answer.

How much an item increases a skill depends on the amount of times the item was used, not how long the character has been using it, so their intelligence increases by 1 each time the blocks are selected regardless of how long they have been using them.

Also, the increase of any skill may not be reflected accurately on the bars on the 1st screen of the status menu. If you press Shift key while on that screen, you will be able to see the numerical value of each skill.

Ah, I see, thank you! Also, two more things:

1. I see you included every teen from every Tamagotchi, however, there's one missing: Nyokinyotchi, from the 4U+

2. When the relationship bar between two Tamagotchis is green or yellow, the other Tamagotchi appears blushing, and when it's red, it appears very happy. Shouldn't it be the other way round, since when the bar reaches red they are in love?

Ah, I see, thank you! Also, two more things:

1. I see you included every teen from every Tamagotchi, however, there's one missing: Nyokinyotchi, from the 4U+

2. When the relationship bar between two Tamagotchis is green or yellow, the other Tamagotchi appears blushing, and when it's red, it appears very happy. Shouldn't it be the other way round, since when the bar reaches red they are in love?
1. My intention was to include as many characters as possible, but unfortunately, some had to be left out because there were too many for the growth chart structure I made. Actually, Nyokinyotchi was included in the original growth chart, but he ended up being replaced by another character (I don't remember which).

2. I thought the same thing a while ago and I swapped them then, now the Tamagotchis will appear blushing when the friendship bar is (almost) full!

I'm back with one more question!

What counts as good care? Now that I know how to raise skills, I've been reaching 100 in both of the Tamagotchis' required skills (even though I think 50 in each is enough). However, I've only raised a good care character once, Memepetchi, while the other two times I tried I got Mousetchi (instead of Mamebotchi) and Kinakomotchi (instead of Hitodetchi), even though I raised their skills to 100.

I'm back with one more question!

What counts as good care? Now that I know how to raise skills, I've been reaching 100 in both of the Tamagotchis' required skills (even though I think 50 in each is enough). However, I've only raised a good care character once, Memepetchi, while the other two times I tried I got Mousetchi (instead of Mamebotchi) and Kinakomotchi (instead of Hitodetchi), even though I raised their skills to 100.
50 in each required skill from baby to toddler is far beyond the required amount, so do not worry about that.

You can only get Mamebotchi from Mameotchi and Hitodetchi from a ShiroPetitchi with a Meme family gene.

In order for it to be considered perfect care, apart from having high enough skills, you need to make sure no care misses are given and that the baby has a healthy weight. 15 g is the optimal weight for a baby, so try not going too far from that.

Oh... 15g... I thought the lower the better, so I tried to get 1g... Oops... Thank you!

KRpouCs.png

I added 3 icons for this screen to display: whether the Tamagotchi is potty trained or not (potty training was not present in the current version), the amount of care misses (the heart will seem emptier with each care miss) and whether the weight is healthy or not (anything other than green smiley face is bad).

The left image would represent very bad care and the right one perfect care.

This way it will be easier to know how healthy your Tamagotchi is.

The emulator does not work properly when installed at the default location. You need to create a new folder elsewhere and install it there.

If you still get an error after reinstalling it, make a screenshot of the error, and show it to me.

tumblr_inline_ovtgrchRNf1v30tvd_500.png

Just stumbled across this! Looks super cool. I was able to install and run it, but I don't seem to be able to control anything w/it. I'm running windows 10, so not sure if that makes a difference. Haven't had time to go through both threads yet, so I apologize if that's already been covered. >>

Sorry for the double post. Doesn't seem like I can edit my last one.

I played around w/things a little bit more and got it working, and it is super great! As someone mentioned before, being able to resize it/having a few more resolution options would really make it killer. As it is now, it's a little too small for me to run comfortably (but what you have so far is great!)

Can't believe I just saw this. It's amazing! I hope you continue working on it!

For Sa311 to read.

Maybe the app version can still happen. Just hear me out here, Alejandro. Maybe only a few things can be changed or removed to make the app happen. Or maybe you can just copy the codes you used for it and make a separate game out of it. That's how Game Freak make two versions of their Pokémon games, so I'm sure you can do that, too. Either way.

Connection:

Maybe the connection feature can be server based instead of code based. Maybe the connection feature can have a list of players on the server. If you select a player for your Tamagotchi to play with, the connection icon on their end will blink. If they select it, it will show a picture of your current character and ask if they want to play, visit, or marry them. We could also add them to a list of favorites or ban them.

Mini games:

You could remove some games or other things that wouldn't work on touch devices. Maybe there can be like 3 job games for each stat and the Logic class should involve choosing from 3 answers

And scrolling through pages:

Maybe you can just add up and down arrows to scroll through the Status icon, Tama Dex, etc. for both versions

Please, consider these ideas. I and probably some others really wanna play your simulator really bad on an app, and computers are expensive.

Plus, maybe you can have someone test it through a demo just like the PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back