Tamagotchi Friends ... Worst Version Yet?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Contrast and saturation apart, look at this pic, its the TF US version

208cy8p.png

Last edited by a moderator:
My blue one was that dark. I went to the contrast and have only one bar for it now. My purple with jewels is set to normal which is lighter than that. I posted pics in the toyfair thread under rumors.

Thanks Midorime, seems lot different from the European version, i'm happy but hangry at the same time -_-

I've read a lot about Tamagotchi Friends and I was very unsure to buy it, but when I saw the adv on my tv and then saw it for real, being sold in a store, I was so excited that my boyfriend decided to buy it for me :) I'd like to write my opinions so I can compare them with yours:

It's true that sound quality is quite poor (I think because of the thickness of the toy) and the EU screen is far too... clear to be seen easily, even changing the contrast. But the sprites are SUPER-CUTE!!! I honestly don't like new tamagotchi characters, but man, with these big and simple sprites they're SO adorable!! ^_^

Plus, the games are my favorite ones on the V4 and I really enjoy playing them! Maybe I like the B&W more than colors after all, and it's a real shame that the screen is so difficult to see... The thing I dislike the most is that there are NO OBJECTS that your tama can use: you have to collect jewels and you can't even wear them!!!! O_O why??? This is a big failure to me, don't you think? But the park option is really cute, an improvement for non-Japanese Tamagotchis :)

I was expecting all kinds of crappyness from this tama, so I was quite stunned when I discovered it wasn't so bad. But there are big "deficits" that (IMHO) could have been easily fixed.

In conclusion, I think it's a good product but cheaply treated. They had a good thing, a well-programmed toy, and it's almost like they ruined it on purpose by making a crappy screen and poor shell... To make a comparison, it's like a jewel left to rust and covered in mud :/ Don't you think they could put a little more effort on it? After all it's NOT cheap: my bf payed 25 € for it!!! I think it's like more than 35 US $: it's not a "discount thing", so why make these big mistakes?

I've read a lot about Tamagotchi Friends and I was very unsure to buy it, but when I saw the adv on my tv and then saw it for real, being sold in a store, I was so excited that my boyfriend decided to buy it for me :) I'd like to write my opinions so I can compare them with yours:

It's true that sound quality is quite poor (I think because of the thickness of the toy) and the EU screen is far too... clear to be seen easily, even changing the contrast. But the sprites are SUPER-CUTE!!! I honestly don't like new tamagotchi characters, but man, with these big and simple sprites they're SO adorable!! ^_^

Plus, the games are my favorite ones on the V4 and I really enjoy playing them! Maybe I like the B&W more than colors after all, and it's a real shame that the screen is so difficult to see... The thing I dislike the most is that there are NO OBJECTS that your tama can use: you have to collect jewels and you can't even wear them!!!! O_O why??? This is a big failure to me, don't you think? But the park option is really cute, an improvement for non-Japanese Tamagotchis :)

I was expecting all kinds of crappyness from this tama, so I was quite stunned when I discovered it wasn't so bad. But there are big "deficits" that (IMHO) could have been easily fixed.

In conclusion, I think it's a good product but cheaply treated. They had a good thing, a well-programmed toy, and it's almost like they ruined it on purpose by making a crappy screen and poor shell... To make a comparison, it's like a jewel left to rust and covered in mud :/ Don't you think they could put a little more effort on it? After all it's NOT cheap: my bf payed 25 € for it!!! I think it's like more than 35 US $: it's not a "discount thing", so why make these big mistakes?
Not sure what Bandai is doing either, for example, why would they use 19.99 on every type of currency, I mean 19.99 British pound is two of 19.99 cad. :eek:

Maybe they just want to do a few test runs, like they don't want to loose too much money like the failure of tama-go

That's why they just used cheap everything (mostly material) and just made it for expirements

Please don't yell at me, just my own opinion.

Yeah, 25 € it's almost twice the value of 25 $.... my bf says it's that it's due to different "economic power" of each money (I don't know if I said it right because I don't know english economic terms really well). Like: 25 € are more than 25 USD, but for an american person 25 USD is not "cheap" like it would be for Europeans: if in USA what costs 25 $ would suddenly cost 25 €, it would be too much for the people and they couldn't buy many things anymore. This is roughly what I understood XD.

I bought mine 34.99€ (too much for a b/w new tama) :(

As Painaputchi said i don't like too there aren't toys in TF, and seems that food and snacks are ok for all the characters (no likes and dislikes). After all i like the characters too (same as Tamagotchi P's).

What? 34.99 €? O__O It seems way too much!! Where are you from, if I can ask? Or did you order it on internet?

Hey Italian fans!! I just looked on the Carrefour depliant (where I live Carrefour is a big chain of Supermarkets, I don't know if you have them too) : Tamagotchi Friends here are sold for just 19.99 €!! :) Try to buy them there if you can and are still interested ;)

I don't think TF is too bad, as Pinaputchi said the worse thing are the replacement they did to make items into useless jewels, and how cheaply made the tamagotchi is.

What pulls me off the TF so much are the characters (Love the males - hate the females) and the unfair price. As I saw in the comercials from Tamagotchi Friends UK, the price of the TF is 25pounds/30euros, what's more than 40 dolars. I wouldn't mind trying a TF for the american price (20 DOLARS = 15euros/12pounds), but shipping would made it as expensive as it's here.

They are deffinetly not worth the 40 dolars they cost here, I'm not buying something with such cheap materials for such an expensive price :/

I don't like the marketing either, but that's not really part of the toy so I don't care xD

Yeah. Maybe this Tamagotchi is just some test run? Who knows, what if Bandai will come out strong and make a SPECTACULAR Tamagotchi that will be better than all of the other ones? A color screen would definitely be nice... ^_^

Yeah. Maybe this Tamagotchi is just some test run? Who knows, what if Bandai will come out strong and make a SPECTACULAR Tamagotchi that will be better than all of the other ones? A color screen would definitely be nice... ^_^
Ya, thats what I thought and I also said that it was a test run too, well I know Bandai don't want to 'loose' too much money like the tama-go, they will continue use cheap materials until any you know (what's the word?) will happen

I will admit this series has disappointed me a little. I think even the Tama-Go had more to do, and this feels like a stripped down Tama-Go. It's also not very needy, but I guess that's a plus.

Color screen Tamas have spoiled me.

Hey Italian fans!! I just looked on the Carrefour depliant (where I live Carrefour is a big chain of Supermarkets, I don't know if you have them too) : Tamagotchi Friends here are sold for just 19.99 !! :) Try to buy them there if you can and are still interested ;)
Which kind of Carrefour?Carrefour Market?Carrefour Discount?

Yeah. I get how Bandai doesn't want to lose money, but this? If they want more customers to buy their product, they need to step up their game, and come up with something better than the TamaGo. I know they created the Tamagotchi Friends and that's great, but it seems like the Tamagotchi Friends downgraded compared to the TamaGo. And they need to make the quality a tad bit better. If they can't afford it, then I guess the Tamagotchi Friends will do.

I don't think the Tamagotchi Friends is bad at all I'm actually enjoying it quite a bit, and I usually favor color screens. I honestly don't know what everyone is complaining about. I know it's not jam packed like the Tamagotchi P's but it's a cute fun Tamagotchi that I can finally buy in stores. Maybe everyone's being a bit to picky.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back