Tamagotchi Game Boy Log *Comments Welcome!*

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

angel egg

🩵 A Chubby Angel 🩵
TamaTalk Angelgotchi
Reaction score
Hello! I just started playing the Tamagotchi game for Game Boy Color. Playing it on a Game Boy Color right now is making me so nostalgic! I'm enjoying the music on full volume through my speakers. I want to log all of the tamagotchis I get in this game so I can remember them later on.

This is my first time playing. I hatched the heart-covered egg and got Babytchi. Then that Babytchi evolved into Tonmarutchi. I can't wait to see where this goes!

So, I turned off the game after my tama became a teen. But it turns out that this game isn’t saving my progress like it otherwise would, because it’s not letting me play at all now. 😭 I’m gonna have my boyfriend look at it and hopefully, he can help.

Glad to see this log - I'm a big fan of the Tamagotchi Game Boy game (and have logged it myself, previously, too). :biggrin:

But it turns out that this game isn’t saving my progress like it otherwise would, because it’s not letting me play at all now. 😭 I’m gonna have my boyfriend look at it and hopefully, he can help.
The save-battery is dead. You'll need the correct type of screwdriver to open it, and the correct type of coin-cell battery to replace the old one with.

This is now very common with games of this age, so there should be plenty of tutorials out there that will help you guys to fix it; Most of these are focussed on Pokemon Gold & Silver (which had a real-time clock and therefore drained the save-battery much more quickly), but they will apply equally to any other game with a dead save-battery, including this one.

Good luck fixing it! :smile2:

Oh no!! I hope the battery can get changed out safely!! I was really enjoying this log, as I’ve never played the Gameboy games, but they seem so interesting, so I hope u can keep it up!!

I am logging the results of my second time replaying Tamagotchi GBC on 6/15/2023.

This was my first time playing until my tamagotchi reached adulthood since the 2000s. I was able to unlock an adult character I haven’t ever had while playing this game.

Thanks to some random miracle, my Tamagotchi GBC game started working again. 🎊 Thank you, Tamagotchi Angels, for this miracle. 😇
I chose the heart egg again. 🥚❤️ I tried to play just as I did the first time I logged my tamagotchi’s evolution in this thread. I logged the time I recently replayed Tamagotchi GBC. Although this is my second time replaying this game, this is my first time playing until my tamagotchi evolved into an adult. Despite my best efforts, I didn’t discipline my tamagotchi all of the times I should have. Sometimes, I didn’t recognize the times I was supposed to discipline my tamagotchi. Other times, I messed up the controls and selected an option I didn’t mean to. I plan to be more careful with what to do, when to do it, and which buttons go press in the future.

Still, I am super satisfied that I got Lusatchi in the end. I was never able to evolve my former tamagotchis into Kusatvhu as a kid, so it was exciting to do now. Unfortunately, I underestimated how long the game would take and only got to participate in 1 tournament, a beauty tournament which we lost. Ginjirotchi won, though, and I was happy to see him ! Next time, I will play on the fastest mode so I can complete more of the game once my tamagotchi reaches adulthood.

Here are pictures of the evolution of my tamagotchi, Baby. I’ve also included pictures of Baby’s pooping faces for science. 💩

Babytchi

IMG_8772.jpegIMG_8775.jpeg

Tonmarutchi

IMG_8779.jpeg
IMG_8787.jpeg

Hashitamatchi

IMG_8793.jpeg
IMG_8798.jpeg

Kusatchi

IMG_8804.jpeg
IMG_8816.jpeg

Tfw you spend all of that time potty training your tamagotchi, only to get Kusatchi, who insists on pooping on the floor anyway. Scolding didn’t do anything, so I’m pretty sure that Kusatchi just deliberately chooses pooping on the floor over using a toilet.

I appreciate all of the engagement this post got. So, I will try to provide all of the details I can going forward. Thank you for reading any or all of this!

Attachments

• IMG_8798.jpeg
    IMG_8798.jpeg
    82.8 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_8793.jpeg
    IMG_8793.jpeg
    180 KB · Views: 0
I, too, was impressed with the sprites in this game, especially the pooping sprites. I look forward to seeing what other characters I can get in this game! I remember I used to mostly get Takotchi and Kuchipatchi when I began playing it in the late 90s.

I will do my best to post more sprite photos from this game in the future!

Hello, tama friends! I have returned with more pictures from my time with Kusatchi. I hope you enjoy them as much as I do!

Kusatchi Eating Meat (His Favorite Food)
IMG_8806.jpeg
IMG_8807.jpeg
IMG_8809.jpeg
IMG_8810.jpeg

Kusatchi After Winning The Smile Game
IMG_8812.jpeg

I love the smile game scenery! This image alone totally brings me back to the late 90s/early 2000s hippie aesthetic. To say it’s groovy is an understatement. I wish I had taken more pictures of this game, or at least a shot of Kusatchi with a full of happiness beaming next to him. I will try to get more pictures of the games next time I play.

⭐Bonus: Another Photo of Hashitamatchi On The Toilet
IMG_8794.jpeg

He looks so calm and focused. Good for him. 🚽✌️

Enjoy! I will be sure to log the next time I play and do my best to show you more sprites as well. ❤

Attachments

• IMG_8812.jpeg
    IMG_8812.jpeg
    122.7 KB · Views: 0
Man I had this game as a kid! I lost it somewhere, and I miss it ever since. It's been eons! I hope that you thoroughly enjoy the music for me! I never got an adult though. Awesome log!

Man I had this game as a kid! I lost it somewhere, and I miss it ever since. It's been eons! I hope that you thoroughly enjoy the music for me! I never got an adult though. Awesome log!
Every bit of music in the Tamagotchi game is a Game Boy masterpiece. The music really brought me back in time. I even plugged my computer speakers into my Game Boy Color so I could feel fully immersed in the music. I actually wound up listening to the music throughout my entire hours-long game play. It was a great time!

Latest posts

Back