Tamagotchi iD L in English

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, this is really exciting! An English iD L! (And to think we were all excited when we first found out colour Tamagotchis actually existed, and we were even more excited when we found out there was the Japanese iD L....xD)

This does seem very legit, which is surprising because HK and China are infamous for knock offs.... :p , but this looks like the real thing! Congratulations on your great find!

I second (or third) the request for pictures of the packaging. If it's the same as the packaging on the link booboo1 posted, that would be pretty awesome.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm following this thread very carefully... I even joined the forum so I could comment~ Hahaha~ I've been searching for any other sites that sell the Chinese iD L, but no such luck... The website given seems awesome,... but as I try to buy one, it asks for my phone number to send a confirmation SMS... but it won't recognize my number :T I wonder if I can contact the seller and do it outside of the site?

I really want to get one for my sister, since she also likes Tamagotchi.... I recently got the pink Tamagotchi iD L, but I'm willing to buy another - a Chinese/English one - just to make sure we can connect and play... Anyways, anymore news on this would be awesome!!

Of course, immediately after I made my previous post, I was determined to order from this site... and I did it! I bought two tamas... I just hope everything is right! Hahaha... I had to first make an account, and then it didn't ask for my phone number to send a confirmation SMS, because it had my email. So, I guess we'll just see if I did everything right, and hopefully, they arrive without any incident~ :D

Wow that's great!

I'd love to see them when they arrive! I even recommend making a log if you have the time, since it'd be really interesting to see the daily lives of an english Tamagotchi iD L haha!

how much is one from the website cuz it says $360 and thats wayyyyy to much!!! and superdonut when it arrives please post pictures!! Thanks

It's 360 yuan... which is $56 CAN... The shipping is pretty cheap (15 yuan/$2.30CAN), but that's local... so overseas is a bit more expensive (145 yuan/$22.50CAN) and I had to contact the site using their IM system... It was a bit confusing, with me chatting in english, and him/her chatting in chinese, but it was done in the end~ In total, 2 of them came to 881 yuan, which is about $137CAN, which comes to $68 each... so, it's not too bad with shipping~ And yeah, maybe I will take pictures... I hope it doesn't take too long for them to arrive~!

BTW, the person on the site... whoever it was I was talking to... was so patient! Hahaha...

Oh how I want one but I just got a japaneese id l so my parents probably won't let me get one.

Blue tama1234 said:
I think the way you know if ts english if the id ls box is in white .
You never know, they could swap a Japanese iD L and swap it and claim its an English Ver. Always know where and who you're buying from.

- TamaTamatchi

Yeah, please hold off on buying it until I get mine, perhaps? Then I can verify... if it really is in Japanese, well, oh well~ Haha~ I don't mind! But I will let everyone know when I receive them what language they are in~

EDIT: Wow... they even track how long shipping will take... there is a countdown... haha. Should be here in 9 days, if all goes well~

Wow, this is really exciting! An English iD L! (And to think we were all excited when we first found out colour Tamagotchis actually existed, and we were even more excited when we found out there was the Japanese iD L....xD)

This does seem very legit, which is surprising because HK and China are infamous for knock offs.... :p , but this looks like the real thing! Congratulations on your great find!

I second (or third) the request for pictures of the packaging. If it's the same as the packaging on the link booboo1 posted, that would be pretty awesome.
Okay, I think I'll change my opinion a little here.

I think that this was a very lucky find on kohaku92's part. An iD L all in English; very exciting for all of us. However, we shouldn't go and bet our money on these iD L's with the white packaging; what if it turns out to be just a regular Japanese iD L? Or worse, a Japanese iD L fake?

I don't mean to say that the iD L kohaku92 has shown us is a fake, because judging from these pictures, it seems very real; these are all speculations, obviously. But when you're buying online (and especially buying from China/HK, who are infamous for reproducing fake things), you have to keep your guard up for scams or fakes. I wouldn't bet my money on these iD L's just yet, not until there's further proof that this is the real, legit thing, which is an English iD L.

Until I see pictures of the packaging of kohaku92's iD L, I don't think I'll be jumping out of my seat to buy this just yet.

(Don't mean to a party pooper or negative, this is just what I think)

How interesting! I think I know which iDL I would like to get if it turns out we can find sources for the English versions. Hopefully enough will hit the market that they'll be easier to find after a bit.

This is very exciting!

I won't buy the English iD L because I'm trying to learn Japanese and that would just make me kind of lazy with Japanese learning, plus I already have a Japanese iD L. Also, the translations on the Tamagotchi are kind of rough translations from Japanese into English, done by Chinese people (kind of a lot of passing the language down, if you know what I mean) and left in all caps so it looks a bit clunky. I myself would just as soon buy a Japanese one (although that's because I like sounding out the Japanese characters, which by the way, are displayed in pretty nice script in comparison to the English). That's just my opinion, and I will continue eagerly following this topic as many other users are. :D

I can see the appeal of an English iD L, believe it's cool to see some Roman letters on something infinitely cool for a change, and I find the (potential) release of the English iD L to be a good thing to maybe bring English-speakers back into Tamagotchi. I wish you all the best with your English iD L's. I hope the downloads work all right! ;)

It's odd that Bandai didn't accept your product code, though. That could signify danger, or a mere blunder on Bandai-Asia's part. (You know how bad their TamaWalkie instructions are, after all.) :p

Okay, I think I'll change my opinion a little here.

I think that this was a very lucky find on kohaku92's part. An iD L all in English; very exciting for all of us. However, we shouldn't go and bet our money on these iD L's with the white packaging; what if it turns out to be just a regular Japanese iD L? Or worse, a Japanese iD L fake?

I don't mean to say that the iD L kohaku92 has shown us is a fake, because judging from these pictures, it seems very real; these are all speculations, obviously. But when you're buying online (and especially buying from China/HK, who are infamous for reproducing fake things), you have to keep your guard up for scams or fakes. I wouldn't bet my money on these iD L's just yet, not until there's further proof that this is the real, legit thing, which is an English iD L.

Until I see pictures of the packaging of kohaku92's iD L, I don't think I'll be jumping out of my seat to buy this just yet.

(Don't mean to a party pooper or negative, this is just what I think)
We have people confirming that the English iD L (a.k.a. the Bandai Asia release) is definitely on those white packaging. I'm working on getting one through a friend of mine who lives in Singapore. Hope it turns out well so I could check it out for myself and let you guys know.

Just saw this, and thought I should post it here (unless someone already did somewhere else... haha):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0LAdgg8kRG8&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Also, I don't really need the English one myself, but the main reason I took interest was for my sister... She really enjoys playing them too, but she can't read Japanese... although, that's not really a huge problem, but it would be convenient for her if it was in English. I'm not telling her anything about English versions of them... just gonna give it to her as a surprise! :D And I bought a second one for myself, in case the English one doesn't respond with the Japanese one~ I will still post pictures and such when I get em, just to confirm that the ones sold on Taobao are English...

How did you manage to order from there?

I ordered from this link: https://item.taobao.c...6_3k1_786103316

I kept trying to buy it at first, but it kept asking for my phone number to send an SMS verification... but my phone number never worked. Then, after a while, I tried to sign up on the site first... I'm doing all this by letting Google Chrome translate the page into English for me... Although the English is really rough, it helps alot! After I finally made an account and the email verification, I was able to pay for the items, and for some reason, they no longer needed my phone number. So I was able to pay using Mastercard and I bought it successfully...

I wanted to contact the seller to just make sure he got my address right (since the system was a little odd entering in the address) and I notice there was an IM system on the site, and he was already trying to talk to me~ Haha... again, using Google Chrome to translate, I eventually found out that I still owed him a little more money for shipping, since I live in Canada... That was settled by me buying some other toy for the exact amount I still owed ( I'm not going to receive that toy... this was just a safe way to pay the rest I owed... if that makes sense). He was trying to tell me a different way to pay him, but even with the translation, I couldn't understand what he was talking about. In the end, we both understood, and we were both happy~ So, it was a bit of a challenge, but if these are really in English, it's worth it~ And it's slightly cheaper than the original Japanese ones....

But please, maybe wait till I get mine before buying... just so I can confirm that these are indeed in English~ Also, that video is not mine, but I saw it up on Gotchiworld.de's Facebook

This is so cool! I need one of these! Although I will be interested to hear if they are all actually in English... If they are in English, well, I think I know what I'm saving up for next! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back