Tamagotchi Instructions & Tips

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TamaFan170

Reaction score
Hi! If you've read my signature, this is the post I was talking about. Because that other topic didn't get any replies, I thought I'd toss in instructions. I don't have a V1, so I can't post anything about them. Feel free to post V1 Instructions and tips! Hope You enjoy this topic!!![because you didn't reply on Tips, Tricks, Codes, and More! (Or something or other)]

******************************Instructions

V2

Controls

Left Button=Scroll

Center Button=Select

Right Button=Cancel/Back

Start

To start, pull the tab out of the side of your new tamagotchi. It will beep. then press the B button to set the time, date, and your birthday.(to celebrate your birthday) Use A to scroll and B to select. After you have inserted your info, it will return to the normal screen with the egg. After one minute, the egg will hatch and you will discover if it's a boy(black) or a girl (white). Tip: If you are unhappy with the gender, insert an object with a point (such as a pen or a toothpick) in the tiny whole on the back of your tamagotchi. You WILL have to go through the process of setting the time, date, and birthday.

Taking Care of your Tamagotchi

Choose the health meter to see how hungry and happy it is. Select A to see the next screen. This shows how well trained your tamagotchi is. Tip: When you see squigly lines, that means it's about to "mark its territory". Go to the toilet icon and your tamagotchi will sit on a toilet. If you did it, the training bar should go up. If you miss, better clean the poop up, now! Simply press the B button when the toilet icon is highlighted. It will scoop up its mess. (see Dicipline for more tips on how to get your training bar up.)

The next screen shows how old it is, how much it weighs, and its name. The fourth screen shows what gender and generation it is. The fifth screen shows how many points you have earned.

Games

Jump

Press button a,b,or c when the light comes on.

Controls:

Left Light=A button

Middle Light=B button

Right Light=C button

Bump

When the screen says "PUSH" press the B button quickly. Press the B button again to stop the bar. The longer the bar, the more powerful you are. Tip: Keep feeding it snacks because if you are heavy, you're more than likely going to win.

Heading

Use the A and C buttons to move under the ball. Once you're under it, press the B button. Until you hit the ball 10 times, each hit is worth 2 points. Once you win the game you should have 100 pts.

Slot

Use A to scroll through how many pts. you want to bet(1-9). Try to get three circles in a row. The tamagotchi will multiply however many pts. you bet by 100.

Shopping

Go to the icon with the bat and ball. Use A to select "SHOP". Enter the shop, and use the A button to look at the items. Use the B button to buy the item, and use C to leave. There are certain items you can't use until your tamagotchi is an adult. Teens and below and use the ball, and I've read on another post you can use the plant.

Shop Codes:

Press the A button when you are at the shop keeper's counter, then press A again 3 times in two seconds. The Shop Keeper will look suprised. Enter one of these items below:

Steak:BACBCACB

Love Postion:BCBACABA

Hair Gel:ACBCABAC

Costume:CBAACABC (In my experiance, the costume won't come off until it goes to sleep.)

Cake:ABBACBCC

If you run out of the item and want more, go back and enter the code again, exept this time it won't be for free. (P.S. the costume is reusable)

Discipline

Timeout: When your tamagotchi refuses to eat when it is hungry or when your tamagotchi sends you friend a present that it doesn't like (snake or poop etc.).

Praise: When it beeps/ calls out to you for no reason.

Health

When it gets a tooth ache (tooth icon) or gets sick (skull icon), go to the medical bag and use B. Dont hesitate to give it a second dose (if nessecary)!

Friend List

The book icon is the friend list. Select friends and use B to select a friend.

Key

:furawatchi: =Smily face

*= Heart

:furawatchi: =Acquaintance

:D :angry: =Buddy

:angry: :angry: :angry: =Friend

:p :( :( :( =Good Friend

** :lol: :lol: =Best Friend

****=Partner

Matchmaker

If your tamagotchi cannot find a suitable partner by the time it is 7-10 years old, the matchmaker will come along. She will make a suggestion, and it's up to you whether you want to marry it or not. Tip: If you want a girl, press A while the book is closed, and if you want a boy, press B while the book is open.

Pause Mode

Simply press A and B at the same time. Repeat to unpause.

Sound

Hold A and C at the same time. Use A to select Yes or No.

DO NOT PLACE THIS ITEM IN SUGAR OR WATER. IF IT FALLS IN THE WATER, LET IT AIR DRY, NOT BLOW DRY.

V3

It's the same thing as V2, exept there are some new features.

You must enter a username (LUCKY etc.).

Games

Get the Music Notes

Use A and C to move under the music notes. Avoid messes. Catch 98/99 notes.

Bump

Same thing as bump on the V2.

Flag

Use A and C to immitate the flags that are shown. Avoid Small flags.

Heading

Same thing as heading on the V2.

Memory

Follow the sequence of the arrows. Use the buttons to repeat the pattern.

Sprint

Press any button continuously to help your tamagotchi race to the finish line.

Tamatown.com

Tamatown is a place where you can enter Passwords to get souvinears. I once got a ring from the king.

The TamaKing

1.Go to the Friends Book.

2.Scroll down to points.

3.Press B to donate 5000+ pts. to the king.

4.Enter the password at tamatown.com.

5.The king will give you another password. Enter it on your tama.

6.Voila! The tama king will give you a ring. It's under souviniers.

To go to www.tamatown.com, click here!

(All Versions)

I Forgot.....

Turn off the lights when it goes to bed.

Your tamagotchi will pass away if you don't take good care of it.

Well, that's all, folks! Hope I was helpful!

Here are my V1 instructions, if you have lost them.

tamagirl7795 this is for NEW people who have either lost their instructions or have been asked to babysit someone else's Tamagotchi.

Oh, and this is Connexion, so this information may be ever so slightly different from your Tamagotchi Connection.

Controls

The left button ( A ) is to scroll/select. Use it to toggle between options, set numbers/letters, etc.

The middle button ( B ) is to set/confirm. Use it to choose an option, confirm numbers/letters, etc.

The middle button ( C ) is there to cancel and go back. So don't despair if you make a mistake!

The button at the back is Reset.

Setup

Pull out the tab (if you can, the tab was almost stuck for me). Set time by using ( A ) to scroll though numbers and ( B ) to confirm numbers. Then set your birthday. Next you will return to the egg screen, when it hatches you will see if it's a boy (Black hebi-chi) or girl (White hebi-chi). After a few seconds you may name your Tamagotchi. ( A ) to scroll through letters. ( B ) to confirm letters.

Icons

Hunger Meter (1st Icon)

After selecting use ( A ) or ( B ) to scroll through information regarding your Tamagotchi. This is: Hunger, Happiness, Training, Age, Weight, Name, Style and Generation.

The more hearts under Hunger/Happiness, the better. Hunger is filled up by feeding Food, Happiness is filled up by feeding a snack, completing one round in Dance or jumping over three hurdles in Jump.

The training bar indicates level of discipline. Praise when Tamagotchi is crying or got its back turned on you and punish whenever it is beeping for nothing. That will increase this bar.

Every 24 hours your Tamagotchi lives it will age once. Every food you feed it will increase your Tamagotchi's weight by 1 gram and snacks will increase your Tamagotchi's weight by 2 grams. The name is set at the beginning (see Setup earlier on).

You may check the Style and Generation of your Tamagotchi. It's a bit hard to explain in short words, so I won't.

Feeding Time (2nd Icon)

Choose between food and snack. Be careful with the snacks, they could give your Tamagotchi a cavity.

Toilet/Flush (3rd Icon)

Whenever Tamagotchi needs the toilet, the wavy lines will appear around it. Use this icon to seat it on the toilet. Whenever it's pooped, this icon will clean up the poo.

Game/Activity (4th Icon)

Choose between Dance and Jump. In Dance, just copy the Tamagotchi's moves using ( A ), ( B ) and ( C ). In Jump, use ( A ) and ( B ) to jump over the hurdles.

Connexion (5th Icon)

Select this icon to come onto the Standby screen. Position another Tamagotchi so that their IR paths cross. Then press ( B ) to go onto the Proceed screen, where the Tamagotchis will begin to exchange information. After a while, the two Tamagotchis should start connecting by playing games or exchanging gifts!

Discipline (6th Icon)

Choose between Praise and Punish. (See Hunger Meter for help.)

Health (7th Icon)

Haha, I didn't know how to use this at first! When the mini skull, large skull or tooth comes up above your Tamagotchi and your Tamagotchi pulls a face, use this to give your Tamagotchi a dose of medicine. DO NOT hesitate to give your Tamagotchi another dose if it needs another!

Lights (8th Icon)

Turn the lights off when your Tamagotchi goes to sleep.

Notebook (9th Icon)

See your Tamagotchi Friends and your relation to them by selecting Friend. Choose Item to see any gifts that you have gotten that you can actually use.

Attention (10th Icon)

You cannot select this, but it will light up whenever your Tamagotchi needs discipline, it is hungry, it is unhappy or it is sick.

Extra Information You Will Need

Battery

Whenever the battery runs low, a battery with a cross through it will come onscreen. You will need a CR-2032 3V battery.

Reset

When you should reset: Whenever the screen is not clear and whenever the image freezes. The unit should reset itself whenever the new battery is in.

Downloading: Press ( B ) after resetting to access the Download/Reset menu. Choose Download to restore your Tamagotchi.

Pause/Time

As BanDai did not set an actual pause mode, you will have to go to Time Mode and pause time. In downtime mode (no icons highlighted and inside no menus, games, etc.) press ( B ) to enter Time Mode. Press ( A ) to toggle between AM/PM time and 24hr time. Hold ( A ) and ( C ) to enter Set Time mode. See Setup to see how to set time. Use ( B ) to get out of Time Mode.

Oh, here are my 'Differences between Versions' guide. Note: These are only SOME of the differences.

Differences between Version 1 and Version 2

Version 1- Has no real pause mode.

Version 2- Has a pause mode (initiate by holding A and <_< .

Version 1- When connecting, says Proceed.

Version 2- When connecting, says Connect.

Version 1- Has a line under Proceed.

Version 2- Doesn't have a line under Connect.

Version 1- No IR menu.

Version 2- Has IR menu (choose between Ver 1 and Ver 2).

Version 1- Cannot shop.

Version 2- Can shop.

Version 1- Loses items when next generation begins.

Version 2- Does not lose items when next generation begins.

Version 1- Games are Dance and Jump.

Version 2- Games are Jump, Bump, Heading and Slot.

Version 1- Has no Gotchi Point system.

Version 2- Has a Gotchi Point system.

Version 1- Words are: style, gene., item and punish.

Version 2- Words are: gender, gen., present and time out.

Version 1- Has bad, ok, good, great.

Version 2- Has ok, good, great, excellent.

Version 1- When losing game when connecting, says Bad.

Version 2- When losing game when connecting, Tamagotchi simply cries.

There are more I'm sure but I can't be bothered listing them.

Differences between Version 2 and Version 3

Version 2- Has no User Name and Tamatown Access features.

Version 3- Has User Name and Tamatown Access features.

Version 2- Shop never has half price sales.

Version 3- Shop has half price sales.

Version 2- Has 5 shop codes.

Version 3- Has 7 shop codes.

Version 2- Games are jump, bump, heading and slot.

Version 3- Games are get notes, bump, flag, heading, memory and sprint.

Version 2- Has no password and souvenir features.

Version 3- Has password and souvenir features.

Version 2- Time is set Day/Month, Hours: Minutes: Seconds.

Version 3- Time is set Month/Day, Hours: Minutes: Seconds.

Version 2- IR menu says Ver 2 and Ver 1.

Version 3- IR menu says Ver 3 and Others.

Version 2- Babies are called Petitchis.

Version 3- Babies are called Teletchis.

I won't continue otherwise I'll keep on typing until the cows come home.

Duh we already know that :huh:
Don't be mean! I was just helping out those who lost the instructions or who didn't know something.

My Fav. Smilies

:mimitchi: :mimitchi: :ph34r: :mimitchi: :mimitchi: :ph34r: :huh: :mametchi: :hitodetchi: :hitodetchi: :mametchi: :huh: :huh:

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back