Tamagotchi On Screen Glitch?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hmm, ok :(  I reckon you've had it for less than a year though (since the ON got released in July 2019), so it really should still be covered by warranty I imagine? (unless you're gutsy enough to try Eggiweg's suggestion). I still would recommend getting a replacement if possible though (before opening it up yourself and voiding the warranty if it's still applicable), so this nasty annoyance doesn't pop up again in the future for you, and you could put your mind at ease knowing you have a new device, rather than worrying that this problem could pop up again :(  
I've already ordered a replacement! It's being delivered on Monday. I didn't actually contact bandai about it as i don't know where the recipt is. I do not plan to open this one as i don't trust myself with such small circuits

TL;DR yeet the cursed thing back to bandai before the warranty runs out and the contract is sealed
Lol i will if i can find the receipt but if not i don't mind the odd commodity being on my shelf. It sounds like ot isn't that common of an issue and despite being broken i do kind of like it. I certainly own MORE cursed objects

Last edited by a moderator:
I've already ordered a replacement! It's being delivered on Monday. I didn't actually contact bandai about it as i don't know where the recipt is. I do not plan to open this one as i don't trust myself with such small circuits
Awesome, just got the anticipation of the weekend then, and you'll have your new Tama ON in your hands once again  :D  Real shame about the receipt, hopefully you'll come across it soon and they could send you another device. Haha yeah agreed, I too would be mega worried to open it up, so I can relate, though saying that, if I know I have a replacement unit on the way and I know for sure that my current one isn't working I would give it shot, might learn something too and understand the inner-workings of the Tamagotchi more  ^_^  Best of luck with your new device!  :D

Welp! Good news and bad news!

The good news is that the replacement showed up a surprising 2 days early! The bad news is that the broken one has decided it never wants to be freed from the depths of the bone zone ever again.

So I'd like to lovingly dub the twins

A̡͔ͤͭ͑̆B͖̣̲̃Óͭͫ́̀M̤͇͎̺̰̔̎̀͝Ȉ̛̍̈́͗ͤ̊ͣN͈͇̦̒͊͐Â̲͖̗̼̭͉͍͒͐̑̓ͦ͡T̓̓ͮ̆̐̍͏̺̳͙͈I̱̞ͭ̇̇ͣ̐ͫ͐O̷N̕ and Baby

Ee9aPVvUMAEE0df

What an interesting pair

You can still keep the tama! Just gotta memorize the layout.

1 A press (if not in a menu already): settings/profile

2 A presses food, (if not in a menu already) starts at Fridge, press A to select, then press b to select seasoned rice. Second A press=gelatin (snack). In first food menu, press A to go down to restaurant option, then with another A press Restaurant (use this option for adult tamas, they don’t like seasoned rice) Then press A to select the top option, then A a second time to feed the tama (you could probably see the colors of the food, though, that’s how you’ll know you’ve hit the right place)

3 A presses= toilet, first option cleans up poop, second option bathes the tama

4 A presses= connection, if you have the app go to the third option and hit visit when prompted, second option is to download items, first option just play date, press A button three times then B button, have it visit the working tama so you can actually see the thing

There’s eventually going to be tamas you can use for parts, so hang in there. You can also use your second tama as reference for the menus if you need to. If it doesn’t respond to button presses, then idk what to tell you

I don't understand why but there will be times that I wake up my tamagotchi on and the whole screen will be a garbled error [seen as attached]. It sometimes will last for several minutes and is unusable in this state. Occasionally it will work but the colors will have a few errors going on. After it does so it will go back to normal as if it never even happened. It can't possibly be a heat issue because it will do this no matter where I am or how hot it is.

Does anyone know what this is or how to fix it?
Hello! May I ask if you still have your broken Tama, and if you’d be willing to sell it? My daughter’s Tamagotchi ON’s front shell got warp really badly, that she is now using it without a front shell. The faceplate is taped to the back shell so it stays in place and she can still use the Tamagotchi. So now I am in search of Tamagotchi ON shells or broken ones so I can use the front shell of the broken one. If you guys could help me out and point me to the right direction, I’d really appreciate it. Thanks for your time!

May I ask if you still have your broken Tama, and if you’d be willing to sell it?
I'm very sorry, but we don't allow sales between users on TamaTalk. This is due to abuse of the sales section that existed a long time ago.

Your best bet would be to check eBay or other similar sites. :)

I'm very sorry, but we don't allow sales between users on TamaTalk. This is due to abuse of the sales section that existed a long time ago.

Your best bet would be to check eBay or other similar sites. :)
Oh, okay. I apologize. Yeah, I’ve been checking eBay and other sites. Haven’t found any yet, sadly.

Get help by Bandai. If Bandai cant fix it, you might need to buy new batters, or a new tama. any ways, THE SCREEN GAVE ME THE SCARES!

And when tamas are new they get gliches. Like when my wonder garden did a reset when it was newest tama. so return the tama, then buy a new one

Last edited by a moderator:
Sooo... The problem is that your tamagotchi is broken😕 you may have to get a new one, have you tried resetting it? that could also be a problem

Latest posts

Back