Tamagotchi VIBE - concept mockup

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
^

I don't think you can do that, because (not that I'm technologicly advanced at all :rolleyes: )... well, I've never really seen ANYTHING that can use more than one battery type.

Can it even be done??

And, more importantly, can it be done on a "simple" machine like a Tama?

Plus, if you're using some brand that's widely known like Duracell or something, you could buy more than two/three batteries at a time and have them ready. Plus, I think you could recharge the batteries while they're in the Tama, or maybe I misunderstood this.

It would probably take a while, as they STILL don't have plans for us English Tama fans over here.

I love the idea of all the accessories, they're just so much fun. I miss those. :p

the thing about the rechargable batteries, wouldn't it be better if there were two diff. batteries? so then while you are recharging one you can just pop in the other? (it might seem obvious but it may have not occurred...) the other is that I would love to have lots of accessories for it *fun*

have you sent this idea to BanDai yet?

I can't get over how exciting it would be to have an english color tama!

also if BanDai WERE to make this, how long would it be for them to finish it?

so exciting. even thought this is just a concept.
^

I don't think you can do that, because (not that I'm technologicly advanced at all :rolleyes: )... well, I've never really seen ANYTHING that can use more than one battery type.

Can it even be done??

And, more importantly, can it be done on a "simple" machine like a Tama?

Plus, if you're using some brand that's widely known like Duracell or something, you could buy more than two/three batteries at a time and have them ready. Plus, I think you could recharge the batteries while they're in the Tama, or maybe I misunderstood this.

It would probably take a while, as they STILL don't have plans for us English Tama fans over here.

I love the idea of all the accessories, they're just so much fun. I miss those. :p
I think what they mean is if you can buy multipacks of rechargeable batteries. I used to do this with my palm pilot (hand held organizer for youngins who don't know...) I would have one battery charging in a slot on the back of a USB connection stand while the other battery was in my pilot and it was syncing to my PC.

Actually, maybe a cradle stand with a USB port on it might not be such a bad idea.... It would display the Tama nicely while it is charging/syncing with your PC. Or if it has a wall charging plug (my phone can charge using a wall adapter for USB) then having it standing like on a table or desk maybe have a clock feature with alarm settings? I think it would be cute to be woken up by my tama (so long as it played a pleasant tune and not beeping for attention LOL)

I mean, I don't hate buying batteries that much. Though larger batteries now cost nearly $8 a pack, what I really am most concerned with is dumping all those batteries when they are dead. Most battery manufacturing websites just say to toss them in your general garbage, which just don't seem like a good idea to me. I wish there were better ways to recycle things in America.... :<

-Purn

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, with a mini usb on the bottom one could plug in a blue tooth add on or theoretically anything that could run off of the batteries (remember all the stuff that's been made to add onto ipods - ie portable speakers). My friend is a big fan of the lithium AAA batteries - which you can buy at most places (Fry's, Target, etc). Maybe you could buy a charge cradle/bluetooth upgrade?

If there was wifi/bluetooth would the tama be able to alert you or react to other tamas nearby?

On a side note: I vaguely remember hearing about an older vpet that reacted/changed with different waves that it encountered, such as microwaves, cell phones, etc. They sold for much less than the price point mentioned above. I think the key to that product was they just detected and reacted - they didn't send. Maybe someone could help me remember what they were called.

The tamagotchi vibe looks amazing and looks like it could be a great product. I love how it is more like the advanced technology that we use today.

You should enter that make your own bandai product contest maby there clud be a music feature that lets you put music on the vibe and your tamagotchi dances to it :3 and a earbud port xD like its a ipod tamagotchi :)

@ TicTax

They have a music tama... sorta... Its a Tama themed mp3 player. Tamagotchi Music Fever, I believe that is what its called. You might want to check it out!

And ya! You should totally enter it into the contest! That is brilliant!

Hi everyone! Thanks again for all the positive feedback. The contest BanDai was holding for new toy development ended earlier this month - so consider this little project for our entertainment and enjoyment.

@melanie43 - I know exactly what you are talking about. I actually just came across that virtual pet the other day, but can't remember what it was called! Regardless, the alert function of another Tamagotchi near by could be really neat - especially if they became popular again.

A few other members have mentioned connecting to TamaTown via their Tamagotchi over WiFi or Bluetooth connection. Right now, I don't see how it would be possible to incorporate that technology into a Tamagotchi. Navigating a simplified version of TamaTown on a tiny screen with three buttons doesn't seem very intuitive to me - it may be much easier to navigate via your computer and then download additional data via USB cable. It will also preserve battery life and keep the process of operation much more simple.

It's very important, to me at least, to keep the Tamagotchi a simple device to use. While I really enjoy the ID L, it seems as though it's bursting at the seams with features, items, places to visit, etc. Not to say that the VIBE would be a dumbed down version of the ID L, just tweaked to focus on the really fun features of current and past Tamas. Ultimately, it would be wonderful to have a useful and dedicated online community and ecosystem attached to the VIBE. Similar to the iOS devices - without apps and iTunes they are simply just another touch device. The additional features of apps and readily available music to be instantly downloaded are what make them so attractive. Somehow, I'd like to take that model and create an ecosystem to make Tamagotchi great again.

Perhaps down the road there will be a touch screen Tamagotchi, similar to the new iPod Nano's. The screen is relatively small, but the operation is still quite simple and intuitive. The battery life is also fantastic, but the price point is a bit high..$129+. As touch-screen technology becomes more common in small consumer devices, the price will surely drop. Another concept in the making, perhaps? ;)

I love the VIBE concept. If it ever becomes a real Tama I'm definitely going to get the Pop Pink one. I'd love a colour Tama in English, and the vibrate alert sounds good.

Ya, Accessory might be nice.

I think this would definitely get Bandai's attention for ideas. Even though the contest is over, I would still recommend you send this idea to them. I think they would really like it as refreshing as it is. They definitely need some help in that area since the before the contest....

Woah :eek: very impressive! I would love to see something like this released in the future. Hopefully Bandai checks around for ideas and happens to see your post :) . It's genius.

Thanks for the comments everyone! I never really thought anything too seriously about this mockup, but because of your combined kindness and positive comments regarding the project, I will definitely approach BanDai with the idea.

I think the idea of selling additional accessories is great. From what I gather, a lot of you like having the option of attaching a lanyard and/or charm to your Tamagotchis. For me, I would love a rubber skin/case to put the VIBE in. Perhaps there could be an assortment of skins/cases with modern designs available for each colour? This is definitely something I could work on in my spare time over the holidays. Stay tuned for more updates, I'll see what I can come up with! Thanks for all the ideas!

Really great! I love the colours and i would really love a colour tamagotchi. The name is great, i like the features. No offence but, tamagotchis are kinda 6+ and 8+ so don't get carried away by putting the facebook and twitter part because Bandai is a kids company. Everything else is great! The USB part is a great idea! (if i hurt your feelings then sorry but TRUST ME I LUV IT)

No question, tons of accessories! Bandai will make a fortune off of us if they release this and accessories, lol. ;)

Also, what would the character chart look like? How many characters are ahead of us? 12? 20? 32? The more the merrier!

Graficks, these concepts and designs are beautiful! The Vibe figures themselves already look so much more modernistic and smooth when compared to previous products -such as the Tama-Go- and the packaging itself is also so very sleek! :blink:

Whenever you have more free time to update this spectacular set of ideas, it would be very much appreciated if you could discuss the characters included and any possible new features associated and directed towards them. :wacko:

Other than that simple request, a job well done! I dearly hope that you are trying or have tried to send this whole entry to Bandai! If they're looking for motivation and inspirations, they'll definitely find it if they view your suggestions! c:

If you would like other members to send these suggestions to Bandai to increase their awareness as well, I'm sure all of us would comply to do so! :hanatchi:

i also want to know if it des become a real tamagotchi will you make it be able to connect with the +color,Id and IDL?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back