Tamagotchi

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How many times have you dropped your tama?

• 1 time

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2 times

• 3 times

• 4 times

• 5 times

• 6 times

• 7 times or more

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TamagotchiLoverMB

Reaction score
Have you ever dropped your tama? I did like 2 times but just wondering dropping your tama does it have any bad side affects? :blink: :puroperatchi: :huh: :ph34r: :)

Last edited by a moderator:
[SIZE=14pt]Oh and if you have other answers that I never posted please post them down there.[/SIZE]

Just once. I was walking on a sidewalk and I dropped it. Thankfully it landed on the flat side, so the screen didn't get damaged. But the battery died two hours later. It was very ironic.

~Mimitchilover

My friend said that she dropped her Tama, no , NOT in water, just on the ground, and it reset! But it was fine after that. There was no choice, though, no dowload / reset, so she was forced to reset and she was on, like, generation 12 or something! :furawatchi:

Just a note about dropping Tamas...

Compared to the fragile parts inside your Tamagotchi, the battery is quite heavy. The battery has to be touching (quite firmly) against this little metal thing inside the battery compartment. The metal thing is behind the battery. The battery compartment lid holds the battery against the metal thing. If the Tamagotchi is dropped, the metal thing sometimes gets squished down by the battery, and then the metal thing is smaller, so the battery is not pushing on it. To fix this, simply remove the battery and pull the metal thing out a bit, so that it is still bent over, but so the battery will touch both the metal thing AND the back of the battery compartment. This happened to my V2, and fortunately I understood what was wrong and fixed it!

You won't understand this till you open up your battery compartment and have a look. If it doesn't work, something else might be wrong. You probably can't fix it if something else is wrong. :furawatchi: :mellow:

I have dropped my Tamagotchis, not often, and not from a very big height, but dropping them can have side effects:

If it lands on its front, you can ruin the LCD screen, either by bursting it (the LCD screen appears black), or ruining some pixels (some rows permanently/never light up).

Sometimes, you can damage the chip, and some conenctions may get lost, so some functions may no longer work, such as sound, or IR.

Most of the time, you will end up dentng your Tamagotchi/scratching the paint, adn in the worst of cases, some bits can fall off (a friend lost the glass to the LCD screen adn the IR conenctor plastic when she driopped it).

However, it needs to drop hard to do that. It probably has some method of absorbing some impact, but it obviously can't take too much force. To avoid them dropping, carry them looping the keychain on your finger, or attach them to your belt/lanyard that goes round your neck. ;)

I dropped mine 4 times..and I got a scratch on the screen of my v2 now. ^_^

THE FIRST TIME I DROPED MY TAMA IT BROKE!!!!! :huh: :( :( :eek: :D but the store gave me a refund! B) :p :eek: then i got three more tamas. but i get scared every time i drop my tamas now. i droped them probly 13 times now, but they never broke again!!! :D :angry: B) :p :D

Wow I dropped mines twice and I was afraid that it might break and in my case no refunds .....so then I finally realised that I shouldn't dropp it anymore and then I putted it into a container where it is always safe well anywhere I put it except for being close by water.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back