TamaTalk online chat meet!

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
For the dates thing, how about mametchi's birthday? Since mametchi is one of most well known of the tamagotchi characters, and he's the mascot of tamagotchis. (At least I think)

- Do we agree on oovoo as the medium for the chat or do you have a better one? Not being Skype, Tiny Chat or Google Hangouts? oovoo sounds pretty good; we'll have to double-check the rules for it to make sure it doesn't have limitations like Tinychat.

- At what times during a weekend would you be able to join the chat (mention 2 times please and mention your timezone or country) Well...I'm GMT-7 I think, and I can be online pretty much between 1pm and 9pm, depending on my homework situations and whether or not I'm doing stuff over the weekend. Saturdays and Sundays are both ok for me, but when it's Saturday here it's still the weekend on the other side of the planet (which is good) and when it's Sunday here it's the school week over there.

- Would you be able to slightly monitor a chat and set up a room? If necessary, so long as I've got some instructions on how to moderate and set up chatrooms. :)

- Which dates would you suggest that mean something to the Tamagotchi world and is on a weekend? (no more than 3 months from now please and mention 2 dates) Personally any day is fine, and if it goes well maybe we could do it again too.

How about the birthday of Kuchipatchi? That's on the 18th of may and that's a sunday?

I'm on call for work that day though, so I can't set up any of the chatrooms (because I cannot guarantee I'll be there).

- Do we agree on oovoo as the medium for the chat or do you have a better one? Not being Skype, Tiny Chat or Google Hangouts? oovoo sounds pretty good; we'll have to double-check the rules for it to make sure it doesn't have limitations like Tinychat.

- At what times during a weekend would you be able to join the chat (mention 2 times please and mention your timezone or country) Well...I'm GMT-7 I think, and I can be online pretty much between 1pm and 9pm, depending on my homework situations and whether or not I'm doing stuff over the weekend. Saturdays and Sundays are both ok for me, but when it's Saturday here it's still the weekend on the other side of the planet (which is good) and when it's Sunday here it's the school week over there.

- Would you be able to slightly monitor a chat and set up a room? If necessary, so long as I've got some instructions on how to moderate and set up chatrooms. :)

- Which dates would you suggest that mean something to the Tamagotchi world and is on a weekend? (no more than 3 months from now please and mention 2 dates) Personally any day is fine, and if it goes well maybe we could do it again too.

I checked the terms and conditions on Oovoo and it says nothing on age limits :) .

Sorry to bump this, but I need to know from you guys how you'd feel about Kuchipatchi's birthday (18th of may)? This is a Sunday.

Sorry to bump this, but I need to know from you guys how you'd feel about Kuchipatchi's birthday (18th of may)? This is a Sunday.
Yeah, that sounds all right. I'd be okay with it being earlier, but that's an ok date.

If the chat meeting is a success, then maybe we could have more of them.

I think we should continue to discuss the logistics of it, preferably on this thread. :)

I'd love to be in it, but timezones, eh
We'll have the chat multiple times a day so everybody has the option to join. Right now I'm thinking 2 times, since I feel there aren't many people responding and there's no point in chatting with yourself :p

Yeah, that sounds all right. I'd be okay with it being earlier, but that's an ok date.

If the chat meeting is a success, then maybe we could have more of them.

I think we should continue to discuss the logistics of it, preferably on this thread. :)
Agreed.

So if nobody has any objections the date will be the 18th of May. Now we need to discuss time(zones).

For me it doesn't matter. But we need to "speak the same language" here. So I suggest we use GMT when we talk about times?

You can use a timezone converter to see what time this would be in your country/timezone: https://www.timezoneconverter.com/cgi-bin/tzc.tzc

Let's have one at 12 p.m. GMT? That would work well for me :)

Then go from there?

Well, as I said I'm GMT-7, so noon over there is 5am here. Actually 6am because of daylight saving time. Kinda early but I'd do it.

Hold on though. If it's May 18th at GMT, then that's a Sunday, meaning the folks in Australia/NZ might have trouble making it to the meet (as it would be Monday there, or close to it).

I'm thinking maybe a day earlier so as to give the people over in the Pacific a chance?

Other than that, maybe a meeting at 10pm GMT might work for me. That'd be 4pm over here.

Well, as I said I'm GMT-7, so noon over there is 5am here. Actually 6am because of daylight saving time. Kinda early but I'd do it.

Hold on though. If it's May 18th at GMT, then that's a Sunday, meaning the folks in Australia/NZ might have trouble making it to the meet (as it would be Monday there, or close to it).

I'm thinking maybe a day earlier so as to give the people over in the Pacific a chance?

Other than that, maybe a meeting at 10pm GMT might work for me. That'd be 4pm over here.
well, like I said before: I'd suggest not just one meeting time, but multiple. Atleast two. So we could keep the one I suggested and just add another time for others.

I don't mind adding two to three more hours to the time I suggested if that works better for you (it'd be like 8am for you, which is a more civilized time of day for a sunday ;) )

Can we agree on May 18th, through oovoo first time we set at 2 pm GMT ?

If I'm the only one who can make that, it'd be a lonely group hatch :p

If you cannot chat at that time, please reply with a time that would be convenient for you.

The only problem with that is like I said before: in order to work for those on the other side of the world (i.e. Aus, NZ, etc.) there would need to be another meeting time set a day earlier, as the currently proposed date and time would fall very close to their Monday, or even be on Monday for them, which is a day on which a lot of people have school and work (unless that's a holiday for them?). Someone mentioned its best to have the meeting on a weekend, and I agree.

The proposed date and time will probably work for me though. Unless something comes up.

Okay, but if nobody from Australia and NZ responds here that they'd like to join, then I don't see why we should set a different time for them :)

And if they do want to join, then I'd like to leave it up to them to propose a time that works for them ;) That's why I left the option of another time open for now.

May 18th sounds like a good day for this most certainly. As for timing, I would be there a bit late as I go to breakfast every morning around 7:30AM to 8:30AM... and 12PM GMT is 7AM Eastern if I am not mistaken. :)

But yes, count me in.

I'd love to be in it, but timezones, eh

Okay, but if nobody from Australia and NZ responds here that they'd like to join, then I don't see why we should set a different time for them :)

And if they do want to join, then I'd like to leave it up to them to propose a time that works for them ;) That's why I left the option of another time open for now.
That's a good plan. :)

May 18th sounds like a good day for this most certainly. As for timing, I would be there a bit late as I go to breakfast every morning around 7:30AM to 8:30AM... and 12PM GMT is 7AM Eastern if I am not mistaken. :)

But yes, count me in.

Nice that you'll join us!

The time is now agreed to be 2pm GMT by the way. 2 hours later than we first discussed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back