Teen Pregnancy.

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Personnally, I don't think that you should have a baby until you are at least 25-30. I mean, teens/young adults should ENJOY themselves, not go through the hassle of getting a relesionship (Did I spell that wrong...?) and getting dumped and such. And I won't have a baby until i'm like 27 and even then I might not (fear of pregancy).

This is probably going to get me some serious criticism but I don't care. We all have the right to our opinions.

I think teen pregnancy is one of the #1 ways to mess up your life (along with using tobacco and dropping out of high school). I think that any smart girl who becomes pregnant will get an abortion. I am extremely pro-abortion. I mean honestly, if they don't want to spend the rest of their lives working at the Mac Shack they'll end that pregnancy right away. I have very strong feelings about this so it's unlikely you'll change my opinion.

I've seen two of my friends get pregnant and choose to keep the baby. One of them dropped out of high school as well. They're going down a treacherous road and there's nothing more I can do to help it. Abortion is always an option for any pregnant teen. And I believe it's the way to go.

agree with where eagles dare.

i am male tough.

but, if someone gets tenn pregnancy, it will RUIN her life, she will need money, food, a school for the child...

when the baby is born, you will have to take care of it, like a tam(literally), discipline it, give it food, give it a school, buy its toys, give it medicine when it needs it, protect it from diseases, etc.

on a few words, getting teen pregnancy RUINS your life.

i know that a mother loves her son/daughter a lot but its better to wait, until you can have a work, your own house and all those stuff.

bye

Personnally, I don't think that you should have a baby until you are at least 25-30. I mean, teens/young adults should ENJOY themselves, not go through the hassle of getting a relesionship (Did I spell that wrong...?) and getting dumped and such. And I won't have a baby until i'm like 27 and even then I might not (fear of pregancy).
Aha, same here.

Fear of pregnancy.

lol

Ok. First off, teen sex and teen pregnancy are two different things.

Teen sex is what teens do in order to release those hormones.

I personally believe that sex is an adult action. I believe that if you go and have sex, reguardless of the age, you should expect the consequences. (Pregnancy is NOT the only consequence of sex, especially at a younge age). There are also mental developmental issues, addiction issues, self-esteem, abuse, physcial develomental issues, emotional issues (many tend to disreguard), and many more.

Note: You don't have to be a religious-freak to think this. I'm not.

Teen pregnancy is even a bigger issue. I'm pretty sure your friend didn't purposly want to get pregnant, however, some teens purposly want to.

There have been many stories about "groups" of teens going off and getting pregnant, either for a political purpose, or a rebellion, who knows? It's just... it's discusting, in my opinion.

Pregnancy is something that should be appreciated by one who purposly is fitted for a baby.

17 highschool student, still in school, with not even one bit of a career skill... isn't the ideal mother. Yea, it's possible to raise a content child at that age, and even younger, however, I find it to be a very horrible choice. Why should you have a child, that is yours, that YOU'RE the parent of (Note:That I didn't say YOUR parents are the parents of), and you can provide fully for that child?

Look at the realistic facts of life. Besides some exceptions, relationships (at least good, healthy, long ones) last around 7 years. That is the average basic relationship standard time. You have a baby at age 16, and there is a high possibility that that same boyfriend who's promising you to be by your side, (or that girlfriend) can easily walk away.

And, when it comes to pregnancy, I think it's a great time to make a selfish decition. I, personally, would get an abortion (take the pill, of course) if I were to ever get pregnant younger then what I expected to, especially if I need help from my parents to take care of myself, nevermind an actual baby.

Sure, there's adoption. However, I'd rather not have a child walk into my life twenty years later and say that they're my child. I'd feel horrible.

So in all total, I'm definatly not for teen pregnancy.

A stupid mistake like that, can cost you your future, for a child you didn't even want in the first place.

Teen pregnancy is just wrong, and there are so many birth-control methods out there to choose from. I don't see why any teen girl would want to mes up her life by taking on such a responsibility at so young an age. Teens and young adults are meant to have fun in their lives, not screw them up. Also, why would some girl want to ruin their education and job opportunities with this kind of burden? I think all teen girls should have Norplant inserted to be able to stay in school. Also, teen boys need to learn how to keep their d**ks in their pants.

Besides, this world is far too over-populated with people, and we are pushing other animals (plants too) into extinction. I think anyone who is 25 and has six kids ought to be fixed. There is absolutely no excuse for this type of behavior. I personally have NO kids, never will, and I can say that I'm proud NOT to have contributed to the over-population crisis. I am an advocate of zero-population growth.

^Very strong choice of words. Try being a bit calmer. (Sorry. I kind of thought that was I strong opinion. Please, forgive me if I made you mad.)

A girl in my class, Jessie, was born by a 13 year old who didn't want her, and gave her to a foster home. All of this has effected her negatively, and she is cruel most of the time. Her adoptive mom treats her badly, and Jessie now has to buy her own clothes, food, and pay for everything else necessary for life. Her real mother is 24 now, but Jessie still has no idea of who she is.

To summarize it, teen pregnancy may affect negatively on the child. I do not support it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, I do not like the idea of teen pregnancy, but if it never happened to my mom, I wouldn't be here.

Or, what if my mom aborted me? But she didn't. She knew she made a mistake, and now my parents are divorced. My mom keeps condoms in the car. She tells me, "I'm not gonna go out and have sex. I just don't want to get in trouble if I get married again."

And, she is constantly telling me to not make the same mistake as she did.

I hope I don't.

Girls usually get their period during their early teen years.

Why? Because girls used to get married and have babies when they were young.

Of course, civilization has changed from then, and things are much more practical now.

It's frowned upon to have sex and get pregnant as a teenager, but why exactly?

Sex is a very personal, intimate thing. People make decisions about it that are sometimes wrong.

Virginity is lost, babies are made.

We can only do so much. We can only teach girls to make the right decisions when it comes to sex; not having it, or being safe.

If one does have sex and get pregnant as a teen, it can be disappointing and scary.

Is she ready for such a responsibility? Will the father support her and the newborn?

But, to seriously hate on those who do get pregnant at such an age is wrong.

It's hard not getting pressured into sex, and sometimes even harder to stay safe...

So although I do think it is a huge burden on a teenage girl, I don't think it's "wrong".

I think that if you have sex without caring to buy or get a condom it is your own fault and you should accept the fact you are pregnant

i'm 14 and 3 months pregnant. at first i was like 'omg what am i going to do?!?!?!' but now i'm really excited, i only have a tiny bump but i crave ice cream. :)

Also, why would some girl want to ruin their education and job opportunities with this kind of burden?
Um, I don't exactly agree with Teen Pregnancy, but excuse me, "burden?"

I don't think a child that was born by accident when the mother is a young age should be called a burden simply because the mother is young. It's still a regular kid. It's not the baby's fault it was born to young parents. But otherwise, I don't think teens should be having children. They should have fun and be reckless, just not too reckless.

Not to mention also that teenage girls' bones are not finished growing yet, and the pregnancy will put a strain on both bones and teeth. If a pregnant girl or woman does not get enough calcium in the diet, it will be pulled from her bones and teeth. The damage caused by this will be permanent. Why would a teen risk her health for the rest of her life? Also, if she was raped, why not get an abortion? Why keep the reminder of that horrible ordeal? If it had happened to me, I would have gotten an abortion ASAP. I'm sorry, but a child in the womb is just a parasite. At least my mom took excellent care of herself when I was a parasite in her womb, and had excellent prenatal care. My mom was also 26 and my dad 28 when I was born.

I like keeping it simple--people shouldn't have unprotected sex until they're sure they're able to deal with a child, if they end up pregnant. Raising a kid well is no easy task.

And Britt-- I kind of think the kid would be a burden. Not because the mom is young, but because of the possible instability the kid will cause. It's one thing to be Jamie Lynn Spears and get pregnant, but it's completely different for a normal everyday teenager.

Many teenage moms drop out of school for their baby-and having to feed it, take care of it, raising it--is the burden. At 14, I know I can say if I was faced with the situation in which I had to raise an infant, I'd be lost. I'm not--we, as teenagers, are far from ready to raise a kid. That's the burden.

My 19 year old nieghbor is 6 months pregnant. dear god. if i hear that baby i will cry.

I'd say you should be able to have a baby when you're ready, but the earliest I could see someone really being ready for a baby would be very late teens. Having a baby in high school just seems reckless. You can't concentrate on school, extracurricular activities, friends, etc. because you have a new life for which to care. Everything must revolve around that baby if it's going to grow up well.

And you can't just dump it on your parents. It's YOUR responsibility.

I just don't understand when I see girls my age (14) who are so adamant about how they think they're ready for a baby. Heck, I know people in their mid to late 20s who would not be prepared for a baby at all.

I'd say you should wait until you're financially stable. Babies are expensive, man.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back