That's freaking messed up.

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Meh, they might've. That basic part was just an opinion. They could've more subliminally asked like "Do you mind if I feature you on my website?"

Idunno. Still, the general concept is annoying. ._.

[SIZE=14pt]Thats rude! Even though I can't see these people(Who took the oics), but can't they give a few seconds to think "Not everybody is perfect/beautiful" because if they think these people are dressed "Horribly" maybe their dressed badly(?). They should think: What if these people cannot afford "Brand Name" clothes and can only find Department store priced clothes?? [/SIZE]

Last edited by a moderator:
Meh, they might've. That basic part was just an opinion. They could've more subliminally asked like "Do you mind if I feature you on my website?"
Idunno. Still, the general concept is annoying. ._.
There's no such thing as asking subliminally since that makes no sense. Subliminal means unconsiously using picture or audio or both to place a message or thought or urge into your head. Even though it doesn't technically exist a lot of advertising is thought of to use that technique to get people to buy things they want to be bought. It's all just clever placement really.

You either ask for someone's permission or you don't. I think you meant to use the word subtlely.

There's no such thing as asking subliminally since that makes no sense. Subliminal means unconsiously using picture or audio or both to place a message or thought or urge into your head. Even though it doesn't technically exist a lot of advertising is thought of to use that technique to get people to buy things they want to be bought. It's all just clever placement really.
You either ask for someone's permission or you don't. I think you meant to use the word subtlely.
I don't think you should'nt taken that too seriousely XD

As for the butt-skyline thing (XD), You've got a point.

I actually find it a bit amusing.

x______X;;

But they probably got their permission. I'd bet on it.

I'm gonna go find the webbie now. n____n

So, my mom handed me a few catalogs--Alloy, Delias, etc. I really liked Delias, and Alloy had some kind of cute vintage-y stuff. I checked out their website, browsed around, and found this section called "Oh no She Didn't!"
Well, it's disgusting. They take pictures of people off the street, post them online, and rant about their outfits--some are actually photomanipulated.

Truthfully I find it absolutely disgusting. The people they take pictures of aren't even aware of this. And they have the stupidest idea of what Goth is--like, EVER.

But that isn't what this is about.

Have you seen this? What's your take?
That's wrong.

In my opinion, insulting people on the web is the worst. Virtually anybody can acsess that page. Even if whoever's face is blurred out and they signed this and that, it could be very humiliating.

If I signed to get my pic in "Oh No She Didn't" 'd probably regret it. Instead of "What Not to Wear," why not just say "What TO Wear." Much more positive and not wacky-ish, if that made any sense whatsoever.

They usually get the scenes from the back. They do blurr the faces, but still.
Oh, at least they blur the faces. But still...that's not a nice thing to do. Different people have different senses of fashion.

Last edited by a moderator:
i hope someone will get so peed off they'll sue them
Actually I do believe that people can sue you if you post pictures of a person without their permission online.

Any way that's just horrible. I just understand "fashion". There's a difference between wanting look good and taking it to far. A lot of stuff in fashion looks awful anyway.

Thats Illegal!

Ur hot allowed 2 take and post picturs of people without thier consent! :kuribotchi:

But they aren't showing identity so I really don't think you could hammer the law against them.

I don't believe it's illegal but I do believe it's terrible. :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back