The 100th Hunger Games

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1: A fully functional city, (No running water, and no stocked fridges) like a modern... New York. Oh, and whenever you kill a non-tribute, you get injected with very painful non-lethal toxin.

2: A giant labyrinth, something out of folklore. Around every turn awaits another surprise, whether good or bad.

3: A small chain of islands, each one containing a new treasure. The farther in, the better the items, the bigger the risk. Oh yeah, and the ocean stretch between each island contains devious creatures, so be prepared to use a makeshift boat of some sort!

4: A giant bunker- a city of concrete towers, houses, and outposts, with all of the windows facing inwards. If you wanted to go between any building, you wouldn't need to touch ground- they'd all use Concrete bridges so you wouldn't be an easy target. Although yeah, you can get into the center pavilion. Weapons would include only modern-style, and the food would be in small packets that you would need to put in boiling water.

5: The area where everybody gets dropped off on silver plates would be in a circular formation around a tiny hill and on top of the hill would be the cornucopia. When the competitors face outward, there are twenty-four caves, and the whole arena would be underground in a cave system. FINALLY: A drive to get to the bloodbath! It's not easy surviving in a cave if you don't know what shrooms are poisonous and what aren' t!

6: The arena is 12 districts and a Capitol city in the middle, with the Cornucopia inside President Snow's mansion, and the districts will look like the real ones and even have the tributes houses and everything they own.

7: No Cornucopia! And the Arena could be divided into twelve sections each one resembling a specific district.

8: Arena is District 13. Underground AND above ground.

9: There would be double the careers. So that means there would be four tributes from Districts 1, 2, and 4. There would still be the other Districts, but there would be only two from each District.

10: A section for each district, with their homes in it with copies of all belongings. If you kill a tribute, prizes. Only, IF.

11: Other (YOU SAY)

Maya reached the styling station. She sang to herself as she was getting "changed". She was really hurt. She finally was finished and felt her skin. Smooth. She got to her stylist, Aelia Calypso. "So, what ridiculous costume will we be in for the parade?" She said. She stared at Aelia, waiting for a reply.

Name: Cinder Marie Torelli

District: Twelve

Personality: Cinder believes in what others don't. She's that little girl who believed all those fantasy spun stories about fairies and magic, stories told to the young children to lift their spirits. She's very optimistic, and always finds something good in something or someone - even when there's not a speck of good seen to anyone else. Even though Cinder is optimistic and believes in fantasies, she's not one to trust easily. She's a closed book, and she doesn't enjoy opening up. While children would go outside and play or work with their families, Cinder preferred to be up in her room, reading books written by her ancestors about the magics of the world. Cinder is also very keen; inquisitive, you might say. She's able to observe something once and remember all the details later. She takes notice on her surroundings at all times, which is why she prefers to be up high. In the trees, surveying people and watching what's happening. On the ground Cinder feels vulnerable, open to being hurt or attacked. So she's stay high up, running along roofs and bouncing across the trees.

Appearance: Cinder has a very fair, pale skin tone, and yet she has dark brown eyes to knock everything off. She's very small, standing at about four-nine, not even five foot. She has dirty blonde hair, with dark tones. Her genetics puzzle people, blonde hair, brown eyes, pale skin - but she is never bothered. She's very slim and small, and at first glance - almost has a doll-like appearance to her. Fragile. She has long legs, so she excels in running and is faster than most. She can run a good distance, but she wears out after a while. Her hands are small, like the rest of her features, and her nails are trimmed evenly. Cinder's hair tends to stay soft, however, after a bit of days without bathing, it'll become oily, and her head will get itchy. She also has some freckles, delicately dancing across the bridge of her nose and fading upon reaching her cheeks and they're a shade darker than her skintone, so they're only faintly visible - but become more apparent when she's been in sunlight for a while.

Family: Her mother and father are both alive, and she has two brothers; both are too young to participate in the reaping's, as they are six (Cale) and ten (Eli).

Other: Her district token is a small black string with red frayed ends that her youngest brother, Cale, made for her. It is tied around her right wrist.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Name: Gaij

District: Two

Personality: Gaij (pronounced Gage) is a very confident, attractive, and cocky soul. He has this essence around him that just attracts people and sort of brings them to him, his smile, his hair, his eyes. Not just girls either - he appears to be smart and strong and a good ally. However, after manipulating them into doing what he wants, he usually will leave them, because - why keep them? Gaij is a very independent person, and while it seems like he needs a group, he often can manage fine (and usually prefers) alone. Now, even though Gaij is a generally confident person, and isn't afraid to say things and do things, he isn't one to wander. He will only stay close to areas that he knows, otherwise he isn't going anywhere else - unless he's in a group, that is. Gaij, since he is a career, is also pretty strong and he knows and is not afraid to kill. Don't test him, because he won't hesitate killing you, after all - only one person can win, right?

Appearance: Gaij has dark, short cut brown hair (let's say Daniel Radcliffe style. mkay? yey.) and light, hazel colored eyes. Standing at 5'10' he is fairly tall and capable of doing a lot of damage. He has broad shoulders and a muscular and defined frame, which scares people in their own. His hands have calluses that have formed from constant practice and work from his training. His trimmed hair has lighter natural highlights that are more visible when he is in the sunlight, since the sun reflects easier off of the lighter strands of hair - which brings out their highlighted color. His skin tone is generally light, but is slightly more tanned than those whom would be described as pale, so he isn't "vampire" pale, but he isn't very dark either.

Family: Gaij is an only child, and his father is the only one alive, seeing as how his mother died of a type of cancer when Gaij was ten.

Other: n / a

{{ OHGOD. ISHOULDNEVERJOINLATEAGAIN. this is so ridiculously long and it's only Cinder's post too. I needed to fit everything. omggg. Let's pretend I did Gaij's post already and now he's all caught up too, oh joy. I'm so sorry guys! I promise my normal posts will be no where this length. Think more the third paragraph-thing here? That's a more appropriate length for my usual posts, maybe sometimes second paragraph length. idk. Anyways, I'm sorry! Really! I did nottt expect it to be this long. ._. imsosorry<!--3 }}

Cinder was sitting on her rooftop, watching the people of her district walk slowly through the streets to the different parts of her village. Most of them were headed to The Hob, so that they would be able to sell items and gain their fair share for the day. Cinder went in there every now and then, to sell random trinkets and such that she found around her house. Since she wasn't a hunter, she usually didn't wander outside of the fences, but whenever game happened to stroll along near the edge, she would crawl underneath the broken fence, and using her small pocket knife, she would pierce the animal either directly in the eye, or in the back of the neck. She usually finished the kill by twisting the knife a few times, just to insure death. Looking up, she noticed the sky dimming and hopped from the roof, landing with a heavy thud as she hit the broken cobblestone street that was laid out in front of her house. Dusting herself off, she walked inside and immediately felt the tension in the air. She had noticed the other townspeople being tense and rigid in their movements, and she knew why. Tomorrow was the reaping, and that meant that their children - that were of age, of course - could be entered in the reaping and would have to participate in the Hunger Games. Which meant - and everyone knew this - potential death.

"Cinder, you're here, sit down and eat your roots." Maria called. Maria was Cinder's mother, and because Cinder and her mother were never close, Cinder usually called her mother Maria. Silently, Cinder moved to their table and kneeled down. Her family was poor, and they could only afford to make two wooden stools, and they usually allowed the boys - as in Cinder's younger brothers - to sit on them, since they were younger. Picking at the greens in her bowl, she finally gave a sigh and ate, handing her tableware to her mother and standing to leave. Turning on her heel, she slowly went up the stairs and crawled into her bed with her brothers, who were already fast asleep. She squeezed in, undoing her ponytail and wrapping the band around her wrist. Shutting her eyes, she slowly allowed the world to be shut out and she eventually fell unconscious.

When morning rolled around, Cinder was already awake and was finished with her morning meal. She had just finished her bath and walked into the living room, her body exposed - since she knew her father and the boys were out, so only her mother was home. Suddenly, her mother spoke up and stopped washing the dishes, her eyes still on their little sink. "Cinder, wait." Maria said, turning around to look at her daughter, Cinder spun on her heel and gave a blank expression. "Yes?"

"The reaping is today, and I have a dress for you..." Maria said, walking up the stairs. Cinder sighed and followed Maria up the stairs and into Maria's bedroom, where she pulled out a lovely white dress with a yellow ribbon at the waist. Cinder gave a gasp, this - this dress was to be worn on her? Cinder walked forward, and gently slid her fingers down the fabric of the dress, it was soft and delicate. "Maria..." Cinder said, still in awe at the beauty of the dress. "Are you sure? I can't... I can't accept this. It's beautiful." Maria smiled, "Good, then I want you to have it. A beautiful dress on a... beautiful girl." Maria said, her voice soft and sincere as she helped her daughter into the dress. "You look beautiful..." She said, combing her daughter's hair.

Cinder left the house, and joined the crowd of the other children her age, younger, and older, who were walking towards the reaping. They were given a short speech by a woman dressed in orange, her hair done up in thick large curls and the heels on her shoes so tall, thin, and with that zig-zag shape going on, you could pick a lock with them. "Hello, hello!" Her voice sang, sincere happiness and joy boomed over the glum, scared, and angry crowd. "Welcome to The Hunger Games! Today we will be picking two brave and lucky people to represent District Twelve in the upcoming 100th Hunger Games! As normal, we will start with the girls." Walking over to a large circular glass bowl, she dipped her hand in and finally plucked the name of the contestant from the bowl. Walking over to the microphone she opened the slip and began to speak. "Cinder Torelli! Where is she? Cinder? Where is the dear?" She asked, looking for her tribute. Cinder's face fell white, losing all it's color. Slowly, she left the crowd and began to walk up, a group of Peacekeepers leading her to the stage. After she was situated, the woman picked a boy's name, Cinder and him shook hands, and they boarded the train.

Of course, they had little time to speak with family and friends, but they were soon shipped off and placed on the train to go to The Capital. On the train, Cinder had no time to meet her mentor, nor to acquaint herself with her fellow tribute. The woman who spoke earlier had much to say about The Capital, the Games, and the train. How fancy everything was, etc. Cinder stared out the window, and soon enough she could see the intricate and detailed buildings of the Capital pulling into view. She stood as the train stopped, exiting with the rest of the passengers. Which consisted of the woman, her mentor, and her fellow tribute.

The next day, Cinder went to go visit her stylist, who got inspiration from Cinder's token. She had designed a flowing silk black dress that hung loosely on the shoulders and was tied at the waist. The dress was floor length and the edges were different shades of dark and maroon reds and they were frayed to give off the look of fire. Her hair was left down, and her make up was done up in smokey, blended look for visual appeal. The other tribute, the boy, was dressed in a black body suit, with a dark maroon red belt and his hair styled messily, the tips dyed black. As soon as they were done being prepared, they approached their carriage and stood. Waiting to be pulled out and examined by the entirety of Panem.</code-->

SUMMARY OF EVENTS: Cinder is at her house, and then she falls asleep next to her younger brothers. The next morning she wakes up and her mother gives her a lovely dress to wear at the reaping. Following shortly after, Cinder's name is called as a tribute for D12 and says her goodbyes to her family. Her & the boy tribute, along with mentor and the woman who called their names, ride the train to The Capitol where they finally land and are taken to their stylists. They get dressed up in black outfits with red accents here and there. Now they are placed on their carriages and are currently waiting to start riding.

Last edited by a moderator:
(NO WORRIES! It is totally fine. This is literate, after all. I would LOVE it if it was that long. No worries. Just maybe at the bottom put a list of what happened (summary).) (Ella I need you to reply saying what you will choose for the dress! I'll post as Runner's character from now on then.)

Mikayla walked tensely in a room. It had a blue bed with two younger women smiling at her. "Hi we are your stylists" One of the women said." I am Rautivia and this is Phillion" The women with orange hair said as she pointed to the other women. Mikayla sat down in the bed closing her eyes. "Lets get started" Rautivia said as she picked up some tool and turned it on. Mikalya herd a loud buzzing noise. Then a weird sensation in her legs. Then that same sensation om her arms. After that she felt gushes of clean, soapy water all over her. Rautivia said to Phillion "Bring Pablo in, Shes ready". Mikayla wondered what she was ready for. Then a tall man walked in. So this must be Pablo Mikayla thought. " I am here to design your outfit for when you are doing your interview and for the parade" He said with one long breath. Mikayla nodded and said "Lets get started". "So I was thinking because District 5 is electricity then a dress with electric sparks would be perfect." I could make the dress electric" He said." You can do that"? Mikayla asked. " Yes" Pablo said.

{{ I don't mind who wins. :) Obviously Gaij shouldn't, because that would be dull. Haha, he'll just stick around to help kill. xD }}

(I don't mind, but I think as a career, Daffydus should at least make it to the top five )

Aelia smiled. "It's a secret" she chirped, her smile turning into a grin. "Now come, we have much to discuss. How about some lunch? I hear there is great roast poultry!"

Daffydus stepped into the styling room and frowned. "Ugh, too much Capitol"

( Yea Daffydus should make it to the top 5)

Mikayla looked at the gray sparkly dress. She was admired how it looked, so amazing. Her family could never afford something like this. A sharp pain exploded in her heart. Oh how she wished to be home with her family.

( When is the parade?)

{{ Same for Gaij, or at least six / seven. Being a Career, himself. The parade? My characters are already waiting in their carriages, but I won't post again until the actual parade begins. Then I'll be all on time. Haha :) }}

(Yea I am going to make Mikayla and the other District boy in the carriage)

Someone knocked on the door and said "Its time". Mikayla changed into her sparkly outfit then walked out of her room. The other District boy had a sparkly, gray outfit on. They walked out of the huge Capitol building and sat on a carriage. Pablo turned on Mikayla's dress. Immediately she could she sparks of electricity coming out of the dress. She gulped loudly and her eyes were huge in shock.

"Fine. Let's go." Maya breathed. Maya walked over to eat. She saw all the amazing food. She was amazed. Pork. Now Pork?! District 11 never had any pork or soup or tomatoes. Maya waited as the discussion was over, listening and replying with small sentences. Finally, the parade would begin. "Aelia, do, umm, do you think I could win?" Maya asked, as Aelia started putting on clothes.

Aelia sighed and turned around. "It is not my business to see to your victory" she started, the corners of her mouth tugging down. "But, I wish I could bet on you. We'll have to wait and see" she added, seating herself beside the girl.

"I just wanna come back to Aura. Sigh. Let's just go in the parade rolling ting and roll on. I will look so ridi-" Said Maya as she saw herself in the mirror. "Oh, Aelia! I look amazing! Tell me about this outfit!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back