The 7th grade shot!

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kutchipatchi08807

Reaction score
Hi to all those 6th graders out there (and of course ones who have experienced the shot) do us a favor and tell us about it

you go, and they poke you with a long needle, then your hand tingles, they give you a cookie, they tell you it didn't hurt so bad, you agree, you walk out the door, you look at your bandaid, and happy you won't get sick.

the end.

Omg, I got so scared I pretty much passed out. Me, my mom, and the doctor were in one of the secretary's office and he was pulling out my file to get ready for the shot, and I kind of fall backwards onto this chair. This lady gave me her coke. The shots hurt really bad because I was slightly allergic to them so my arms swelled up and got really gross and they stayed that way for like 2 weeks afterwards.

Well some kids faint and cry I don't I just look away and the person talks to you and the needle goesw through you and she puts a bandaid on it then you go to ur next class ur hand will feel heavy and don't flex it makes ti worse ecause it will hit the muscles and hurt even more gr. 8's told me to do that REPEAT AFTER ME: DON'T FLEX YOUR MUSCLES!!!!! WARNING

I never had to get a shot in 7th grade. I did in 6th though. The MMR.

Just relax. Don't think about it, don't psyche yourself out. Be calm and it goes by fast. The only pain you feel would be the normal soreness afterward from any shot.

Shots are fun.I like needles.

I like needles alot.
Ya the needles dont hurt!

but if your skin is sensitive dont worry... Look away to feel less pain.

And did the doctor no you were allergic to needles, littlechibikiki? ^_^

G*immature*

The reason they tell you to flex your arm/leg/etc after getting a shot is because it helps it to feel better faster. I used to get the Depo shot which hurt like crazy (think thats why I dont have a problem with shots now....after those none of them really hurt lol) and my arm would be sore for 3-4 days afterwards unless I moved it at much as possible and flexed it, then it would be fine when I woke up the next morning. The chemicals in the shot go into your muscle, it makes the muscle tighten up and yeah, its sore, but the more you move the muscle, the more the chemicals can spread out and get to where they need to go which means your muscle will feel better sooner.

I havent gotten actual "shots" in years, I had a flu shot when I was pregnant which I will never do again cause I got sick from it, but before that it had been a LONG time. But I get poked by needles all the time lol taking blood and stuff I think is worse than a shot, but then again when they take mine they have to poked me about 3-6 times in each arm before they find a good vein since my veins like to roll away XD

Omg, I got so scared I pretty much passed out. Me, my mom, and the doctor were in one of the secretary's office and he was pulling out my file to get ready for the shot, and I kind of fall backwards onto this chair. This lady gave me her coke. The shots hurt really bad because I was slightly allergic to them so my arms swelled up and got really gross and they stayed that way for like 2 weeks afterwards.
I honestly doubt you were allergic to the needle itself. The meds in it, maybe. But shots almost always make you sore at the injection site.

The reason they tell you to flex your arm/leg/etc after getting a shot is because it helps it to feel better faster. I used to get the Depo shot which hurt like crazy (think thats why I dont have a problem with shots now....after those none of them really hurt lol) and my arm would be sore for 3-4 days afterwards unless I moved it at much as possible and flexed it, then it would be fine when I woke up the next morning. The chemicals in the shot go into your muscle, it makes the muscle tighten up and yeah, its sore, but the more you move the muscle, the more the chemicals can spread out and get to where they need to go which means your muscle will feel better sooner.
I havent gotten actual "shots" in years, I had a flu shot when I was pregnant which I will never do again cause I got sick from it, but before that it had been a LONG time. But I get poked by needles all the time lol taking blood and stuff I think is worse than a shot, but then again when they take mine they have to poked me about 3-6 times in each arm before they find a good vein since my veins like to roll away XD
You got your depo in your arm? o_O Lucky. I get mine in the hip/butt.

You got your depo in your arm? o_O Lucky. I get mine in the hip/butt.
Arm is usually the best choice, why can't you ask for yours in your arm instead of your butt?

You have to get a needle? I will be hopefully absent on that day. I'm scared of needles, and therefore don't want to shoow my painfilled violence.

You have to get a needle? I will be hopefully absent on that day. I'm scared of needles, and therefore don't want to shoow my painfilled violence.
Even if you are absent that day, you'll still have to get the shot eventually. They aren't fun, but you get over it pretty quick.

I have to get those pretty soon. I'm not that scared. If you're like me,you've experienced worse pain from self-induced accidents before. All you have to do is try to strike up a conversation with the person who's giving you the shot. This is one I did a few years back when I got a Tetnis shot from monkey bites: (don't ask)

Me: "Those shoes rock!"

Person: "Really? I liked 'em."

Me: "I do! Where'd ya get them?"

Person: "Wal-Mart."

Me: "I like Wal-Mart. They don't seem to have Tamagotchis when they come out though."

Person: "Tamagotchis?"

Me: "Little virtual pets? I have like a ton of them! There're in my pocket!"

Person: "I'd like to see them but it's time for you to go."

Me: "But I didn't get a shot yet!"

Person: "I alreadt gave it to you."

lol it worked pretty well. I got a cookie for talking about Tamagotchis!

The Depo shot is a birth control shot that you get once every 3 months. It stings a bit when you get it and the injection site is a bit sore for a few days, but its worth it if you are sexually active and want a good form of birth control. One of the main side effects is weight gain. Most people dont gain a bunch of weight, maybe a few pounds if anything, but unfortunately I gained about 100 pounds during the 6 or 9 months I was on it (cant remember if I got 2 or 3 rounds of it lol) and then after I got off it, I continued to gain another 30 pounds for the 3 months following. So...I was in that percentile that could gain alot of weight, but I dont care lol I am fine with the way I look so it doesnt bother me too much. The other side effect of it is you get the good side effect, or the bad one. That would be either you do not get your menstrual cycle for the 3 months the shot is effective, or you get it non-stop the entire 3 months. Everyone is different, mine stopped, but my old friend Livia had hers non-stop.

It is a very good form of birth control for any of you girls out there who are looking into that type of thing, but talk to you mother or doctor about it so you can decide together what is right for you if you are going to take birth control.

They always gave it to me in the arm, they gave me the option of my hip, but I preferred the arm, but we switched off arms every month. They never said it was less effective in the arm to me! I wish I had known lol

Anyways, back to the actual topic of this thread lol.

When I get shots that I know are going to sting, I close my eyes and imagine my son spinning (its really cute when he does it) or dancing, or running around the house chasing the dogs, etc. My mom says when she gets shots (and she is 47 mind you) she imagines fighting the get the DVD player to open (hers has a DVD tray that sticks sometimes lol) and she says she is so busy concentrating on getting the dang thing open, that she doesnt notice the shot XD

I honestly doubt you were allergic to the needle itself. The meds in it, maybe. But shots almost always make you sore at the injection site.
Yeah, I was slightly allergic to the shots (medication) themselves. Not like serious or anything, my arms just swelled up for a couple of weeks.

Last edited by a moderator:
We don't get needles in Grade Seven. We get them in Grade Eight. Yes, I speak in future tense, Its happening in a few weeks. We have to get three needles, us girls. We get the cervical cancer needle, the chicken pox needle and the herpes needle! All on the same day...the Hell!!

xx Chrissy

i am in 6th grade, but i never heard of the shot!

help!

pm me to tell me what it is!!!

plz!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back