The beginning of my story

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Magic_Mushroom

Reaction score
Somewhere out in the abyss...I lost track.
I just started this story a while ago and was wondering if there's anything you like/dislike about what I have so far.

PROLOGUE

It is the Age of Exploration. Many a man has set off with hopes of discovering a far off, distant land unseen by humans before, but too many fail to return. Monsters are slowly taking over the world, becoming stronger and more violent. That is why the Mech Wings have been created. They are top-of-the-line, state-of-the-art flying machines. Designed to travel at high speeds and fight off any attacker, they are the pinnacle of modern technology. They have helped the world expand, and they too have expanded in size and power, creating huge battle ships capable of housing an entire town. However, as the world expands, so does the greed of mankind. Mech Wings are being outfitted with weapons, designed to annihilate others. Human kind settles it's arguments with violence, and Mech Wings have become a medium for this violence. Organizations bent on gaining control of areas of the world duke it out in full-scale aerial combat. The entire world is in a feudalistic state, rulers coming and going, falling and rising. However, a strong military force is being gathered with the hopes of unifying the world under one rule. They are known as the Vanguard, but are they as true to their “good intentions” as they say?

CHAPTER 1

An Aspiring Hero

Let’s Earn Some Money!

There it was. Reize pressed his face against the glass to get a better look. The new Mech Wing had just arrived at the store. Model LX-107, the Mech Wing Reize had been saving up for since he’d heard about it way back in September. Its four rocket boosters gleamed, it’s sleek, aerodynamic body and cockpit looked like they were ready to take off right now. Reize quickly flipped open his notepad. Inside was a crudely drawn Mech Wing covered in decals and various paint jobs. Random notes were scattered around it, like “Flame decals?” or “Red/Black paint job looks good.” Reize closed the notepad. Soon it would be his. He turned around to look back at his soon-to-be craft but instead saw the body of a store clerk. “Reize, you lazy sac of wasted space! How many times do I have to tell you: Stop gawking at that ship all day and get off your fat butt and earn some money to buy it!” yelled the clerk through the class. He taped a note to the inside of the window, which read:

PAYING CUSTOMERS ONLY!

IF YOU’RE NOT HERE TO BUY, GET LOST!

(This means you, Reize)

-The Management

Reize slowly slinked away, rejected. He did however find it unnerving he loitered so much that the management called him by name now. Reize walked over the newly fallen snow to the town bulletin board. Perhaps his poor soul could find some work. Most of the notices were uninteresting ads. Reize read down the line.

Get Rich Now! Ask Me How!

Jeremy’s Bakery: Fresh bread baked occasionally!

Become a Guitar Hero! Free lessons!

Help Wanted! Large reward provided!

Reize sighed. Another bulletin proved u- Wait…Thought Reize. What was that one? …Become a guitar hero eh? This might…Wait! That one! Right there! Reize ripped the paper labeled “Help Wanted” off the board. It read:

Help Wanted!

Large reward provided!

Dangerous monsters seen lurking around village at night. Able-bodied fighter or warrior needed immediately. Inquire within town hall.

EXPERIENCE REQUIRED!

Reize took out his pen and scrawled something on the paper. He quickly pranced down to town hall through the town. “I’m gettin’ money! Lots n’ lots of moooooooney!!!” sang Reize as he pranced, which garnered him more than a few odd looks.

I personally think it's going to turn out pretty good...>_>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back