The color red...

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Red is mostly a bright color so lets say they want red for stop becuase it catches people attention
But what about yellow?

woah

i was just looking at ur sig

red really does catch my attention o.o

or maybe its cause its HUGE !

What happens when our eyes get used to red ? ;)
they can't because of the way the human's eye is.

that's why when some one is color blind, they mix reds and color's like that up.

and then, say if you stare at a peice of orange or red paper for 30 seconds, and then looked at a blank white paper.. the paper would appear blue/green

the human eye is just adapted to the color's blue and green, it's a mutation in our dna in our eyes from long ago.

(sorry, i just love genetics)

What everybody said in above posts and because not many things in the world are red (if they are red they're usually poison) so our eyes aren't as usued to the colour as say green (grass) or blue (the sky)

Ok , so what if you like in washington , where there are lots of cherries , so you see red , it becomes less attractive

or the gehto , where there is lots of blood ...

Um, excuse me, but just the fact that someone lives in the ghetto has nothing to do with their DNA or Genetics, thank you very much.

Your eyes dont adjust to red. It isnt natural. No matter how much you see it, it has no effect on how your mind works. Thats just the way it is.

Because that particular shades of red and orange that they use are impossible to miss and the shades of them, not the colours, are not shades of nature like brown, green, etc.

Red probably stands out better than any other color. It has to do with blood/devil/cruelty, and also, some people would say yellow, or orange, but really, not really, because orange is a mix of yellow and red, and yellow isn't really an angry color. It's more of a happy.

[SIZE=30pt]WOULD YOU CALL THIS MAD?[/SIZE]

[SIZE=30pt]OR THIS?[/SIZE]

OR THIS?

Of course, they're all good choices, but red jumps to mind, especially red bulls.

//mame :)

[SIZE=7pt]Great Topic, :)[/SIZE]
Yeah, red is very eye-catching I think.

It's bright. It stands out, and symbolizes danger.

(I sound like a teacher! ;) )

Yeah, and it's the color of blood.
I belive that's correct. Red is an eye-popping color that can give you an idea of staying away from danger, staying away from death's door, or simply, it just wants you to stay away from it.

The "STOP" sign in the streets keep cars from crashing into others, right? It can save your life, it's not supposed to scare you. Also, if you see those signs with flashing red lights on it, it's helpful to see what the sign's trying to explain to the driver, to get the driver's attention.

But sometimes, red isn't always in traffic. Look around you. Find red signs and try to figure out what it stands for. It can teach you something.

Wow, it sounds like I got it from some sort of text book! ;) But, anyways, hope I helped!

Ok , if red is eye-popping ..

then why is the GO sign green?

that could cause traffic if someone didnt see it because it wasnt "eye-popping"

Well, several biological and scientific explanations for this that I know for a fact:

1) The natural colours of danger in nature are red, yellow and black. Most dangerous animals are dressed in lively colours such as red, yellow and black (think of bees and wasps, or exotic frogs.) Their most common colours are those and tell us they are dangerous and to steer away from them.

2) The human eye only picks up three colours, red, blue and green (thats why we have RGB monitors, there is no need for any other colour). Green and blue were very common colours in the past (well, the way the world is going I don't see much green anymore...) so as Jynx said, the human eye has developed to be sensitive to those colours. Dogs only see blue and green.

3) Actually, blue and green in light catches our attention much more. Simple red lasers are ofte used as pointers because red light 'disturbs' the eye less. A green laser can be quite painful to look at and blue LEDs are unbearable. The body is used to receiving blue light as a way of waking up (the sky is blue, it means the sun has come up and reduces the amount of melatonine in our body, which makes us less sleepy and wake up).

However, since we are more 'used' to blue and green, red draws its attention. If we did live in a world with lots of red, it wouldn't catch our attention as much (despite what is said above), and if we lived in backgrounds for thousands of years, the genes in the eye would mutate and turn red into the 'common colour' and maybe then blue or green would be the colour to draw attention to itself.

Well, several biological and scientific explanations for this that I know for a fact:
1) The natural colours of danger in nature are red, yellow and black. Most dangerous animals are dressed in lively colours such as red, yellow and black (think of bees and wasps, or exotic frogs.) Their most common colours are those and tell us they are dangerous and to steer away from them.

2) The human eye only picks up three colours, red, blue and green (thats why we have RGB monitors, there is no need for any other colour). Green and blue were very common colours in the past (well, the way the world is going I don't see much green anymore...) so as Jynx said, the human eye has developed to be sensitive to those colours. Dogs only see blue and green.

3) Actually, blue and green in light catches our attention much more. Simple red lasers are ofte used as pointers because red light 'disturbs' the eye less. A green laser can be quite painful to look at and blue LEDs are unbearable. The body is used to receiving blue light as a way of waking up (the sky is blue, it means the sun has come up and reduces the amount of melatonine in our body, which makes us less sleepy and wake up).

However, since we are more 'used' to blue and green, red draws its attention. If we did live in a world with lots of red, it wouldn't catch our attention as much (despite what is said above), and if we lived in backgrounds for thousands of years, the genes in the eye would mutate and turn red into the 'common colour' and maybe then blue or green would be the colour to draw attention to itself.
See people , this is the kinda answer I was looking for ( thanks spiffy ) :ph34r:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back