The Flute <3

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

redtama

Reaction score
I play Flute, FYI.

My flute is a Gemienhardt (Pronounced: Gemienhart). A Flute's embouchure hole, you DO NOT put your mouth over the hole you cover 1/4 to 1/3 of the hole. (Thats a mistake I made. ._.;; ;) Unlike the Clarinet,Oboe and Sax ; the Flute is held sideways either left or right, depends on the way you hole a pencil. Flutes on take about... 10- seconds just to assemble it. The noise produced from a Flute can be soft,low,high,loud and piercing, depending on the way you shape your mouth: High notes you need a little opening in your mouth, low notes need a big (but not like your yelling!! :eek: ) opening in your mouth, loud notes need a small opening and TONS of air, soft notes need a big opening and little amount of air. Me, I can't do high or loud notes.. B) The flute has keys, no slide(I wish!! :D ) flutes have 19 keys. Mr,Hanna(My BD) said I should do the flute becuase I am quite and it would be easy. the case: 12( H) 4(Height) 12( Base ) . The Flute: Two feet

Pros:

The instrument is light unlike a Baritone.

Fast to set up.

Small case.

Cons:

It is held to the side of your face and you cant see the keys!! :D

Low sound.

Small instrument(Hey thats just me, I don't like small instruments.. :p )

(IN MY BAND PRACTICE) the Woodwinds have to play SUPER Loud and Brass has to play low.

I think Flute is a good instrument.

~RT :D

Last edited by a moderator:
i play the tenor saxophone

it's made by the company 'Jupiter'
Ah interesting. :D

My sis may Play Tenor Sax. I like Tenor Saxs. But I love Tubax (a huge saxophone)

I don't play an instrument.

My brothers do though. One plays trumpet, the other plays the clarinet (or however you spell it xD)

I play Flute, FYI.
My flute is a Gemienhardt (Pronounced: Gemienhart). A Flute's embouchure hole, you DO NOT put your mouth over the hole you cover 1/4 to 1/3 of the hole. (Thats a mistake I made. ._.;; :angry: Unlike the Clarinet,Oboe and Sax ; the Flute is held sideways either left or right, depends on the way you hole a pencil. Flutes on take about... 10- seconds just to assemble it. The noise produced from a Flute can be soft,low,high,loud and piercing, depending on the way you shape your mouth: High notes you need a little opening in your mouth, low notes need a big (but not like your yelling!! :angry: ) opening in your mouth, loud notes need a small opening and TONS of air, soft notes need a big opening and  little amount of air. Me, I can't do high or loud notes.. :angry: The flute has keys, no slide(I wish!! :D ) flutes have 19 keys. Mr,Hanna(My BD) said I should do the flute becuase I am quite and it would be easy. the case: 12( H) 4(Height) 12( Base ) . The Flute: Two feet

Pros:

The instrument is light unlike a Baritone.

Fast to set up.

Small case.

Cons:

It is held to the side of your face and you cant see the keys!! :angry:

Low sound.

Small instrument(Hey thats just me, I don't like small instruments.. :p )

(IN MY BAND PRACTICE) the Woodwinds have to play SUPER Loud and Brass has to play low.

I think Flute is a good instrument.

~RT ^_^
I play flute! I love it.

It is the same for us in band, but it's percussion who tend to be the really loud ones.

Another Con:

Your arm gets tired from holding the instrument when you first start. I'm pretty used to it now.

Last edited by a moderator:
I play flute! I love it. It is the same for us in band, but it's percussion who tend to be the really loud ones.

Another Con:

Your arm gets tired from holding the instrument when you first start. I'm pretty used to it now.
Agree with the con.

And Percussion is pretty loud in our band too. But especially Trumpets, XP. I can play 6+ notes.

Another Con:

You get dizzy VERY easyly.

Agree with the con.And Percussion is pretty loud in our band too. But especially Trumpets, XP. I can play 6+ notes.

Another Con:

You get dizzy VERY easyly.
Agree with that con too!

Lets see, I can play 20 notes! And I only started last summer! My band teacher said that we were better than the 7th graders when they first started.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back