The Japanese have Pretty Tamagotchis

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ilovenickle

Reaction score
The Japanese Tamagotchis are beautiful! They have beads or little snappy things that go over the keychain. Don't get me wrong, I've seen lovely designs in America, and if I want a beaded one that badly, I'll buy an import. However, I am curious why our Tamagotchis look cheaper.

Probably because Japenese people are more.....ah what's the word I'm looking for......? Well, they are calmer people and usually like the beauty of things. They are calm and quiet, and very patient; therefor having beads on their tamas. In America and Canada, our things are cheaper because: we just want to play with them. We are usually more into gaming and action, and most people aren't patient waiting for their tamas to grow; therefor we don't have beads. :) That is simply my opinion, but it would be nice to have pretty tamas. <_<

*Tgd*

I usually prefer the Japanese designs.

It is often the US focus groups that decide things. I blame them for our less than elegant designs. Some are way too kiddee and way too girly too.

I'd like to see more neutral nicer designs here.

The first batch of designs are usually pretty bad but They do get better as more designs are released.

Then why don't we get those cool beads?

It's not like we will use those keychain things.

I agree. I enjoy the Japanese designs much better. I loooove my entama! I have a thing for stars, and the star antenna and star beads are so pretty!

I agree, but the Japanese are a few years ahead of America, like I read in a magazine that the Japanese have a Cat translator, that translates what your cats mewing! This was a Summer vacation Magazine, and it had Tamagotchis in it XD They also have what I believe is a Pen Computer, a moniter screen from a lens, same with a keyboard. And well Japanese actually like those pretty things, Americans just enjoy playing with stuff........XD

i love the japanese designs! (and they don't have the "tamagotchi connection/connexion" thing above the screen either). new designs come out more often than the other countries... so there are more:

https://tamagotch.channel.or.jp/entama/lineup.html

my theory is: what's considered in japan to be 'cute' is different than other countries. cultural difference, i guess. ^_^ every country has their own cool designs which i love.

I agree that the Japanese Tamagotchi designs that are easier on the eyes and nice to look at.

American companies think everything has to be bright and bold in order to sell things. Not that the American designs are bad...

Maybe we should all write to Bandai asking that they use more of the Japanese designs on the American Tamas? I mean after all until some compaines they listen to their fans.

i think US tamagotchis should merge to have special edition tamagotchis. in japan, they have special limited edition ones to go with some tv shows, movies, and even a couple of holidays.

in 1997 (or was it '98?), there was that chinese new year red/gold edition released. wouldn't it be cool if bandai made special editions for the US market? there's been a lot of that (RED)campaign stuff to raise money for HIV/AIDS awareness causes (like those tshirts they have at the gap, the limited edition red razr cell phones, and red ipod nano). i think it'd be great if they made a (RED)tamagotchi! and it'd be for a great cause!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back