The Red Zone

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cade took a huge gulp of cold water from a water fountain before walking into the staff lounge. At once, the A/C blasted at him, and he let out a sigh of relief as the cold air enveloped him.

Emily bought herself an icecold bottle of water. She plopped herself down into her large chair. She loved this chair, it was so large, not as fluffy as the one at home except hers was so fluffy that when she sat in it totally envoloped her body inside its massive fluff. That was were she really wanted to be, at home. She shuffled thrrough her bag, shoving her change back into a pocket and rummaging around for her cell phone.

Cade sat down next to one of his friends who also worked in the Splash Zone, and they talked for a while, until Cade's friend had to go back on shift. Cade waved to him before walking to the vending machine, and purchasing a Powerade. He greedily gulped down the purple grapey liquid before putting it down.

Sun sat up, red eyes pouring. "Time to go," she said to no-one. She put her hands stiffly on the handle of the cart and walked outside, to the awful real world.

(Lol, I haven't played my other character Yuka in a long time.. xD)

Yuka was working her cotton candy cart as usual, and she was exhausted from a long day of work. When she finally got up, she was relieved, and started to walk back to the locker rooms, until she noticed a girl with red eyes walking by, pushing a cart slowly. She walked over to the girl. "Need some help?"

Sun looked up, stopping her cart. "Yeah, it's been a long day." she said, trying to wipe away her redness somehow. "What's your name? I'm Sun."

"I'm Yuka, nice to meet you. I can understand how it feels like to have a long day.. When I first started working here, I had so many of them that I would go home crying too." Yuka fanned herself with her hand, trying to repel off the heat.

"Yeah, I would understand," Sun said. She got two small electric fans out of her pocket. She gave one to Yuka. "Are you hot? Because I'm sweating like crazy in this weather," Sun said with a smile. She turned on the fan and her hair blew. "Ahhh..."

Yuka took the small electric fan gratefully. "Thank you." She flipped it on and let out a sigh of relief before speaking again. "That's one of the downsides to the job. At first, I thought working at a amusement park like this would be amazing, and that it'd be just as fun as going here to hang out.. Unfortunately, I was wrong."

Emily contemplated going home. But then she thought to herself 'what the hell?" she pulled off the ligegaurding tanktop and crammed into her bag along with her shows an headed back out to the pool area. She had a seasons pass to the park, all employees did. She headed out toward the cool water excitedly.

Cade felt an intense craving for ice cream. He longed for the cold, creamy goodness. Despite the fact he would have to go back out into the hot, 103 degree Californian summer day, he didn't really care. He took a swig of water before running to the nearest ice cream cart, near the pools. He bought one, and then started to walk back when he saw Emily walking toward the pool area with a bag. Curious, he followed her.

Emily kicked off her shoes- well more or less slid them off- and slid them underneath the lifeguard's post's rope thing. She knew that they were there with the current lifeguard which meant they were relatively safe there. She stepped her self into the cool water. The cold, basically still water came over her toes and she stepped in. Resisting the urge to squeal at it's cold touch. She moved her way through the children then adults and teens toward the deeper end.

Emily spun around hearing her name she saw Cade anD smiled. She laughed " Yess! " she called back prolonging the s sound for an extra half-second. " It's nice and cool." cold was more he word for it but after the first second it quickly became very nice.

Cade put a hand in the cold water, and at once, he felt jealousy creep up his spine. Unfortunately, his family hadn't had the money for a season pass so Cade had been unable to buy one, and thus, we wasn't allowed to go into any of the attractions the way Emily was now. He hid the jealousy though, and instead laughed and yelled out, "LUCKY! THE WATER LOOKS AWESOME AND COLD!"

" So come on in then, you went in earlier. And besides employees are allowed in the waterpark. " Emily called back swimming to the side of the pool.

"Yeah, but I don't have a season pass and I'm pretty sure employees have to stay out of the attractions.." Cade rambled, but then he finally relented. "Oh all right." He jumps in, and then at once, is serenaded by the cold, icy water.

Emily laughed at him basically arguing with himself. She grinned as he jumped into the icy cold water, " Don't worry, you'll get used to it in a minute. " she told him. " it's actually soooo nice ". She said dragging the o sound out for effect.

Sun began to walk around, then noticed some fellow friends in the pool. Sun smiled, and thought to herself whether she should jump in with them or not.

Cade replied to Emily with a sigh that had mixed emotions of relief and joy, and then he said, "This is the life. All the employees should just work in pools from now on."

Latest posts

Back