The Story of Me & Birdo

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Asiangotchi

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I just wanted to bring this out. I have actually been crying lately, just for strange reasons. But everything I'm about to tell is all true. If you think I'm crazy after reading this, that's fine. I just happen to be in love with this video game character, Birdo.

Well, from the first day of July, I've noticed how cute Birdo had looked. Really... After a week, I just... Felt a strange affection. Because of this, I actually made up an imaginary Birdo. Just mentally, I had been talking to her... She had been sleeping by my side every night. And strangely, I had even went to the "Mushroom Kingdom" with her... o_o' But weeks later after moving to my grandma's house, I just had to cry. I had been aware... She wasn't real. But I'd done my best not to. Tears had been going all over the pillow. A week later, I just couldn't keep it to myself. I decided to tell my great friend Lina. After telling her some of the details, she decided to give me, rather harsh advice. Giving it to me, I ended up crying and getting off the computer. It was pretty late; I ended up crying myself to sleep. Yesterday, I was hoping she would be on. When she finally messaged me, she continued on. Her advice... Was just so cruel. I ended up telling a friend. That friend (No name, please don't make me tell) told me to give Lina a comment... Lina got pi**ed. There's just a feeling she hates me now... Last night, I had told my imaginary Birdo about what had happened. In the end, Birdo gave a big sigh. "You know, your friend is right. I really don't think you had been mad at her for a good reason. Like you know, I'm not real. If you keep this up, you could go crazy in the end. It's only for the better, that I'm not your answer." My eyes began to water. "But Birdo, my feelings are true! I don't want to let you go!" I had hugged her tightly, completely sobbing. The actions were in my mind. The tears were all real. "I know Calvin. I know how you feel. But like your friend said, there's someone out there for you, who's real. One who is the answer for you." I had remained silent for a while, tears still coming out of my eyes. Finally, I had something to say... "Okay... But Birdo, right now, my heart is full of you. When I find the girl who's meant for me, she will fill up my heart. But I promise, it won't be completely. In there, a little space, will be full of you, Birdo. Thank you for everything we've done together. I'll never forget any of that, and you. It's hard to let you go, but I'm willing to, for the better and to make you happy." Saying all that, I had still been crying. I finally wiped away my tears, and tried my best to fall asleep, as it was 4AM. Now, I had the time to write all this. I thank Lina for advice she has given me. I love you very much Lina. I hope you can forgive me. One day, I will meet the person who is meant for me.

I'm surprised I actually had the guts to do this. At least, I'm not hiding this from anyone. Feel free to post any comments if you like.

EDIT: I finally got to talk to Lina. She's not mad. I'm really relieved. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Calvin.

I know you've gottan trouble from some people about this.

Like, I know some people have unintentionally hurt your feelings about this.

But I think you gave yourself the best advice.

One day, when you find a girl that you love, she'll fill your heart the way Birdo did.

And I think that's when you'll still love Birdo, but in a different was.

Not infatuation, maybe, but... Comfort.

I think that's mostly the kind of love she's brought you. Now, of course I can't be sure, but I think Not only is she there because you love her, but also you love her because she's there.

And maybe you're not looking for a replacement, or someone to make you forget about her, but maybe someone who can comfort you like she did.

But of course I don't know for sure.

But as I said, I know people've given you a hard time over that.

And I just want to let you know, that I'm completely fine with whoever you like, for whatever that's worth.

I'm just glad to have comments.

Deer Boy, thank you so much. You seem to understand what's going on. I'm feeling much better about this.

[SIZE=9pt]The right girl will come.. But until then, I think you may have just wanted someone to be there.[/SIZE]

It's normal for people to make something/someone fictional become someone they can trust in. But you have to realise, too, that there are real people you can talk to - friends, parents, close adults etc.

Otherwise, this object/person becomes your centre of attention, and you get a weency bit too obsessed, which really annoys other people who want to be there for you.

Well, I can't understand what the problem is much... But um, it's just a game charrie. Not really a big deal. I'm sorry, but I really don't understand.

I'll try my best. Despite how unusual your fetish is, she was out of line for being that rude, and mad at you. But your friend(s) must accept your fetish. She had no right for being cruel to you. Sorry I can't be any help, I thought I'd just post my 2 cents.

Oh screw it, if it makes you feel better. Whenever I watch Degrassi I day dream about Jimmy.

At least you get to see yours a lot.

Well, it's okay to have a sort of "imaginary friend" to talk to if you're upset. It makes you feel like you're letting your feelings out without being judged.

It's okay to talk to Birdo if no one else will listen. However, truthfully speaking, Birdo was right when she said that she isn't the answer.

Don't worry. I'm sure you'll find that real person you're looking for though. You seem like a nice person. :]

Thanks housegotchi; it's always a good thing to be honest. I'm also glad that you believe I'll actually find someone. Right now, no one comes into my head; but one day, someone will. :]

Aww I've had imaginary friends of some sort, and i still do, there's nothing wrong with it, because they give you comfort when no one likes you, or when your having trouble.

She isn't just my imaginary friend. I actually felt true love in this. D:

I'm still upset about this, but just not as much. ^^

Ohh. I see. I did that when I was younger. With a certain... person. xDD

I've had a crush on many cartoon/video game characters as well.

But anyway, I'm glad you're feeling better about it. :)

i use to not have a tamagotchi but i always loved memetchi so i made up an imaganary memechi.

just like your imaganary birdo (i know it isnt imaganary that is not the right word to describe it)

(now i have a tamagotchi)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back