The Tamagotchi Wikipedia Project

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

OsuMesu21

Reaction score
Hello everybody. Sorry I haven't been posting much.

Anyway, at least half of you know what Wikipedia is. If you don't, allow me to explain: it's a massive online encyclopedia that anybody can edit. This is both a blessing and a curse.

It is a blessing because that means at least every article on the site can be updated with new information every day.

It is also a curse because this also means that people can spam and vandalize any article they choose.

As some of you know, they have an article on Tamagotchi here:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tamagotchi

I've been there recently and I'm kinda shocked on why people continue to spam on this page. Sometimes an article (such as v3) disappears, sometimes somebody throws in their own opinions (sometimes in vulgar language), and sometimes somebody creates an article on a Tamagotchi that doesn't exists, or just adds false information on an article.

The Tamagotchi Wikipedia Project is to help lower the spam count, edit the Tamagotchi articles, and help to make the Wiki Tamagotchi section a great place for Tamagotchi info.

This does NOT mean that you are to dive into the article right now and do what you want. We should all first discuss here on what could be done to make the article better. Doing thing on your own accord usually leads to nothing. I've not been able to post due to being out clearing up spam on the page itself!

So let's get this discussion going, and see what we can do to make the page better.

~OsuMesu21

I know... That's why I don't like Wikipedia. I knew someone who posted spam and stuff on there...

I added some info and corrected some stuff, is that good?

Love it. ^.^ I will help in thAt sense, so I will keep a pretty watchful eye on the articles. I think we, tamatalkers, could put together alot of information and make a section on how tamagotchi was created and what not. It would also may be an attraction for people who want to learn more about tamagotchis (like me) and could possibly further lead people to join tamatalk, possibly meaning more donations and more elegible(spelling??)/informative tamaguides. But the wikipedia project is fine for now, I just randomly branch off of most ideas.

Yay!!! *goes off to tweak it some more*

Okay, added some info on connecting on the v1 section. Check it out!

Also addded a teeny bit of information on connecting for v2 and v3 ^^

And added HUGE info to the GB tama section.

Whaddya think of em?

Last edited by a moderator:
To be honest, I've never even heard of it, but I read through some of it and some of it isn't right. I'll be happy to help.

I did a bit of clean-up in the v3 and Nintendo DS section. The grammar of some people is horrendous...

I've noticed that before.

I actually have submitted alot for Tamagotchi there.. But, I notice that my work just gets deleted.. And it annoys me. I try to make it neat, and people just go and change it. Changing it is fine, that's what it is there for.. But changing it to something that does not make sense - or something that is completely irrelevant is just teduis.

I did some in the EnTama section, to find it was changed completely to something that did not even make sense. People just change it because they think it's cool to be a "rebel". *sigh*

I might head over there later on tonight and do some changes. :D

I added some corrections. It should always be cleaned and checked, maybe every three, four, or five hours.

Love the edits so far guys! :) I'll be updating the site with grammar checks in a few minutes. :)

I've changed tamagotchi connection v3 a little bit.

Yes, this topic is being posted in again. It's really sickening, what could happen to an article when it goes ignored.

The Tamagotchi article is one of the most spammed and ruined articles on all of Wikipedia. Sections are missing, everything's in the wrong tone, people keep removing sections to put 'OMG I NEED INFO ON V333333333333333" or something...the list goes on.

For those interested in helping, you can start by adding the following sections back onto the article:

Code:
===Tenshitchi no Tamagotchi (Tamagotchi Angel)===
*Released in August 1997 with three different colors. This was later released in America as "Tamagotchi Angel."
*Featured a motion-sensor, used to scare away bats that tried to steal your Angelgotchi's snack and call it back when it went on a walk. Discipline for the pet was replaced by "praise" for this pet only.
*The Japanese version has a secret character called Sabotenshi (Cactus Angel) but the U.S. edition replaces Sabotenshi with Kitsutenshi (Smiling Angel). Also available is the secret character Futengotchi (twins). The twins are not availible in any other Tamagotchi.
Code:
===Tamaotch===
*This was named after Japanese actress [[Tamao Nakamura]] and released in April [[1998]].

===Yasashii Tamagotchi===
*Released in October of 1998 in three colors.
*Acting as an "Easy Tamagotchi," it has slightly different evolutions than the first set of Tamagotchi toys, and also features a larger case.
*In the place of icons, backlit buttons were used, and the number of buttons at the bottom of the case were reduced to two- Select and Cancel.

===Santaclautchi===
*A Santa Claus and Christmas-themed Tamagotchi.
*The Santaclautchi character did not evolve, but could be changed by receiving different items. If it was taken care of badly, Santaclautchi would return to his house and "Super Kuchipatchi" would have to return him to the screen.
*Santaclautchi would have to go to each Tamagotchi's house, assisted by the care taker, and give them a present. If Santaclautchi didn't deliver the presents in time, the Tamagotchi would get mad, Santaclautchi would get upset, and the care taker would have to start over.

===Genjintchi===
*Also known as the Caveman Tamagotchi.
*Genjintchi was released only in theatres playing the movie "[[Peking Man]]", which is the movie the virtual pet is based on.

===Mothra Tamagotchi===
*The character was a winged beast called Mothra Tamagotchi.
*Released only in Japan
Code:
===Chou Jinsei Enjoi Tamagotchi Plus (EnTama)===
*Released November 2005 in Japan.
*A small strand of beads is attached rather than a keychain or mini-strap. The antenna used on the Keitai/Akai is extended and has a large ball on the top.
*The EnTama can link to [https://e-tamago.com/pc/flash/tamago.html E-Tamago]. From there, the user can enter Tamagotchi Town and take part in many activities and play many games. The user can even shop and buy things for the EnTama, which are received via 14-digit passcodes. 
*The Entama features three character groups: Intelligence, Kindness and Style, also known as Mamezoku, Kutchizoku, and Memezoku, respectively.
*This is the first Tamagotchi to remove two of the Tamagotchi's original primary functions: the discipline and the lights (the Tamagotchi turns the lights out on its own).
*There are a total of 58 characters featured on this Tamagotchi (42 Basic characters, three Secret Characters, and 10 Call Dating Service characters). Thus, this Tamagotchi has the most characters featured on any Tamagotchi, beating the Version 3 by six characters.
As soon as we can get the article restored, we can begin the massive overhaul this page deserves. :huh:

~OM21

Yes, this topic is being posted in again. It's really sickening, what could happen to an article when it goes ignored.
The Tamagotchi article is one of the most spammed and ruined articles on all of Wikipedia. Sections are missing, everything's in the wrong tone, people keep removing sections to put 'OMG I NEED INFO ON V333333333333333" or something...the list goes on.

For those interested in helping, you can start by adding the following sections back onto the article:

Code:
===Tenshitchi no Tamagotchi (Tamagotchi Angel)===
*Released in August 1997 with three different colors. This was later released in America as "Tamagotchi Angel."
*Featured a motion-sensor, used to scare away bats that tried to steal your Angelgotchi's snack and call it back when it went on a walk. Discipline for the pet was replaced by "praise" for this pet only.
*The Japanese version has a secret character called Sabotenshi (Cactus Angel) but the U.S. edition replaces Sabotenshi with Kitsutenshi (Smiling Angel). Also available is the secret character Futengotchi (twins). The twins are not availible in any other Tamagotchi.
Code:
===Tamaotch===
*This was named after Japanese actress [[Tamao Nakamura]] and released in April [[1998]].

===Yasashii Tamagotchi===
*Released in October of 1998 in three colors.
*Acting as an "Easy Tamagotchi," it has slightly different evolutions than the first set of Tamagotchi toys, and also features a larger case.
*In the place of icons, backlit buttons were used, and the number of buttons at the bottom of the case were reduced to two- Select and Cancel.

===Santaclautchi===
*A Santa Claus and Christmas-themed Tamagotchi.
*The Santaclautchi character did not evolve, but could be changed by receiving different items. If it was taken care of badly, Santaclautchi would return to his house and "Super Kuchipatchi" would have to return him to the screen.
*Santaclautchi would have to go to each Tamagotchi's house, assisted by the care taker, and give them a present. If Santaclautchi didn't deliver the presents in time, the Tamagotchi would get mad, Santaclautchi would get upset, and the care taker would have to start over.

===Genjintchi===
*Also known as the Caveman Tamagotchi.
*Genjintchi was released only in theatres playing the movie "[[Peking Man]]", which is the movie the virtual pet is based on.

===Mothra Tamagotchi===
*The character was a winged beast called Mothra Tamagotchi.
*Released only in Japan
Code:
===Chou Jinsei Enjoi Tamagotchi Plus (EnTama)===
*Released November 2005 in Japan.
*A small strand of beads is attached rather than a keychain or mini-strap. The antenna used on the Keitai/Akai is extended and has a large ball on the top.
*The EnTama can link to [https://e-tamago.com/pc/flash/tamago.html E-Tamago]. From there, the user can enter Tamagotchi Town and take part in many activities and play many games. The user can even shop and buy things for the EnTama, which are received via 14-digit passcodes. 
*The Entama features three character groups: Intelligence, Kindness and Style, also known as Mamezoku, Kutchizoku, and Memezoku, respectively.
*This is the first Tamagotchi to remove two of the Tamagotchi's original primary functions: the discipline and the lights (the Tamagotchi turns the lights out on its own).
*There are a total of 58 characters featured on this Tamagotchi (42 Basic characters, three Secret Characters, and 10 Call Dating Service characters). Thus, this Tamagotchi has the most characters featured on any Tamagotchi, beating the Version 3 by six characters.
As soon as we can get the article restored, we can begin the massive overhaul this page deserves. :huh:

~OM21
How did that happen?! How did sections get deleted?! How do you add sections?! I want to help, but I dunno how?!

Hello everybody. Sorry I haven't been posting much.
Anyway, at least half of you know what Wikipedia is. If you don't, allow me to explain: it's a massive online encyclopedia that anybody can edit. This is both a blessing and a curse.

It is a blessing because that means at least every article on the site can be updated with new information every day.

It is also a curse because this also means that people can spam and vandalize any article they choose.

As some of you know, they have an article on Tamagotchi here:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tamagotchi

I've been there recently and I'm kinda shocked on why people continue to spam on this page. Sometimes an article (such as v3) disappears, sometimes somebody throws in their own opinions (sometimes in vulgar language), and sometimes somebody creates an article on a Tamagotchi that doesn't exists, or just adds false information on an article.

The Tamagotchi Wikipedia Project is to help lower the spam count, edit the Tamagotchi articles, and help to make the Wiki Tamagotchi section a great place for Tamagotchi info.

This does NOT mean that you are to dive into the article right now and do what you want. We should all first discuss here on what could be done to make the article better. Doing thing on your own accord usually leads to nothing. I've not been able to post due to being out clearing up spam on the page itself!

So let's get this discussion going, and see what we can do to make the page better.

~OsuMesu21
ok I agree!

How did that happen?! How did sections get deleted?! How do you add sections?! I want to help, but I dunno how?!
You have to go to the Tamagotchi article, click "Edit" and copy and paste the codes onto the article. ^^

And to whomever did it, thank you so much! :furawatchi:

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back