THEORY: Connecting Tamagotchis with each other over the internet?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Figured the idea wasn't new. But TamaTalk is the only forum I go to, so I wouldn't have known about that. I felt it necessary to share the idea though.

Do you think you could link me to the topic on TamaCraze101? I'm just curious.
I understand. It's okay. :babytchi:

There's a post about that, as well as many other suggestions, somewhere here:

https://tamacraze.com/topic/577759/5/#new

One of the latest posts sums up everyone's ideas, including the computer thingy idea. :)

This is a great idea. I would love to see a tama come out with this addition. I also loved your diagram, haha. Very clear and concise. :)

It's especially great because I don't even know people with tanagotchis in real life, so when I had tamas I'd either have to wait for the matchmaker or buy two of the same version and run them at the same time.

This is a great idea! It would be so much fun if it were real, I could get my secret characters on my iD-L, and have a friend's list on it, since none of my friends have iD-Ls. :/

as a programmer myself the only problem is i would need all the proprietary source code from bandai to do this. and id have to set up the web side programming aside from the hardware stuff. bandai and not an independant coder should do this

Maybe we could convert its "communication" system into Bluetooth instead of IR and support playing with more than 1 Tamagotchi?

I know it's easier said that done, but I think it would be great. But not battery-friendly, though.

Maybe we could convert its "communication" system into Bluetooth instead of IR and support playing with more than 1 Tamagotchi?

I know it's easier said that done, but I think it would be great. But not battery-friendly, though.
Tamagotchis can only connect to one other Tamagotchi. And how would we change IR to bluetooth? There's no bluetooth infrastructure in the Tamagotchi.

^ Yeah, it's just some radical (and random) idea I had in mind. But I think it would be fun if someone knowledgeable enough can tinker with its insides and change it from IR to Bluetooth.

^ Yeah, it's just some radical (and random) idea I had in mind. But I think it would be fun if someone knowledgeable enough can tinker with its insides and change it from IR to Bluetooth.
Yeah, I think with bluetooth, this idea would be much easier to pull off since bluetooth is used by a lot of devices these days.

It'd be nice to connect tamas via Internet... but likely no. Not with an IR unless you know the direct data code being sent to the other.... without being changed in the IR piece.....

Remember the Game Cube system? How a Game Boy Advance could connect between the game? (Pokemon) This sorta reminds me of that.

that would be COOL!!! :D

EXEPT THE FACT TAMAGOTCHIS NEED IR PORT INSTEAD OF BLUETOOTH!!!!

but still,it is a great idea!

mm....how about this,when you connect,you can connect more than 2 tamas at the same time!!! what do you think?

that would be COOL!!! :D

EXEPT THE FACT TAMAGOTCHIS NEED IR PORT INSTEAD OF BLUETOOTH!!!!

but still,it is a great idea!

mm....how about this,when you connect,you can connect more than 2 tamas at the same time!!! what do you think?
I didn't mention any bluetooth in this idea. What are you talking about?

It's not possible to connect more than two Tamagotchis between each other. It's either a limitation with the Tamagotchi's software, or a limitation with infrared.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back