Therapy, counseling, the like.

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ninny308

Reaction score
Sometimes I wish I could just walk down the street and find 1 million dollars that someone left there just for me. Of all the things I could get, I would probably get a therapist. I know that I am messsed up, though I won't pretend to be this bleedig heart, 'My life sucks even though I have no problems' person. I know I have life relatively easy. But I need someone to talk to. Jst get things of my mind. I just know that I would be more pleasant if I could live peacefully with my inner demons. When I told my parents I was a lesbian, they told me ,"I don't think you know what you're talking about." Geez. Do you know what that feels like? Lousy. D*** lousy. I just don't have the funding, because I can't ask my parents to get it for me, and no one will give me a job because I'm that non-religous lesbian wench. :D Any suggestions on saving up enough to sort outmy inner demons? Anything is helpful.

Well why don't you try going to the school counselor and see if that helps....

Last edited by a moderator:
If you check the pinned topic on Banned Posts you will find a sub section listing a variety of Help Lines for counselling.

Sometimes just phoning one of those (there are forums/online ones too) can be useful to help you talk things through/get things off your mind and focus on what's good about your life rather than obsessing about what's depressing :D

Well no one is lucky.....

Don't hold in your pain....

Talk about it to someone you trust.....

That way it is much easier....

Sometimes I wish I could just walk down the street and find 1 million dollars that someone left there just for me. Of all the things I could get, I would probably get a therapist. I know that I am messsed up, though I won't pretend to be this bleedig heart, 'My life sucks even though I have no problems' person. I know I have life relatively easy. But I need someone to talk to. Jst get things of my mind. I just know that I would be more pleasant if I could live peacefully with my inner demons. When I told my parents I was a lesbian, they told me ,"I don't think you know what you're talking about." Geez. Do you know what that feels like? Lousy. D*** lousy. I just don't have the funding, because I can't ask my parents to get it for me, and no one will give me a job because I'm that  non-religous lesbian wench. :D   Any suggestions on saving up enough to sort outmy inner demons? Anything is helpful.
The bolded is a crock :|

I'm non-religious, I'm a lesbian. I have a job. I've had two jobs. It's illegal for a job to discriminate against people under any circumstance.

The reason nobody will hire you is because you're 13 and it's illegal for anyone under the age of 16-18-21 depending on where you live and what company it is. It also depends on your availability to work, and if you're in school, you don't have much for availability.

If your parents have health insurance, there's bound to be plenty of therapists they can send you to for a small price. Through my dad's insurance I found a therapist for $20 a session. I've been seeing her for 4 years now.

If they care about you, they'll be willing to pay for it. In my eyes, mental health is the most important kind. If you feel you need help with your mental health, you need to sit down with your parents and have a calm conversation about wanting to see someone. Explain what's been going on.

Your parents are there to support you until you can get a job. If they're not willing to do that for any other reason than they simply can't afford it, they're not doing their job as a parent.

Last edited by a moderator:
I go to counselling, i see a psychologist and a psychiatrist for 2 dollars an appointment. I used to be on medicaid and it was free, but i'm 20 now and I am an independent, because of my income, the dr office I go to helps out. How old are you? Try getting a job, ANYWHERE. You wont get denied a job, I promise. I have worked an befriended many homosexuals through places ive worked. Serving at a restarant is a great way to make some quick cash. Also look into mental health/counseling offices in your area and look at their payment plans and maybe even call a few to ask if they have any programs for people who can't afford the appointments.

It really is hard to have no one to talk to. Hang in there, it will get better, I promise. :D

Maybe you should ask your school counselot about some good, affordable therapist/councelors in the area you could go to. You may even find you can talk to her and not need to go anywhere else.

If she gives you some names, go to your parents, explain why you would like one and ask them if you could just check out some of these practices. Meet the therapist, get details on cost, all that stuff.

I hope everything works out for ya. :]

Sometimes I wish I could just walk down the street and find 1 million dollars that someone left there just for me. Of all the things I could get, I would probably get a therapist. I know that I am messsed up, though I won't pretend to be this bleedig heart, 'My life sucks even though I have no problems' person. I know I have life relatively easy. But I need someone to talk to. Jst get things of my mind. I just know that I would be more pleasant if I could live peacefully with my inner demons. When I told my parents I was a lesbian, they told me ,"I don't think you know what you're talking about." Geez. Do you know what that feels like? Lousy. D*** lousy. I just don't have the funding, because I can't ask my parents to get it for me, and no one will give me a job because I'm that non-religous lesbian wench. :) Any suggestions on saving up enough to sort outmy inner demons? Anything is helpful.
^-^

Try and cheer up, and hang out with your friends :angry:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back