Things that make you feel uncomfortable/awkward/nervous

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MarshyMellow

Reaction score
What are some things that make you uncomfortable? Well for starters, being in the dark sometimes makes me nervous, and hearing a quote from a song saying "Number 6 may crap!". So, are there things that make you feel uncomfortable?

miscommunication (dramatic irony), the "I have no name" cliché in film (though not all clichés are bad), and really good counterfeiters (with whom I laugh with heartily)

Some things that makes me feel uncomfortable because other people are dense are:

when somebody flips because you talked about a real 21st century issue and provided examples (examples they somehow construe as an affront to their race/religion/identity)

when you realize that not only is x actually happening, but it's also far lamer than you thought would ever be possible

and when your 4.0 buddies repeatedly try hounding you into accepting that <$5 you loaned them for lunch

and, misnomers

Last edited by a moderator:
miscommunication (dramatic irony), the "I have no name" cliché in film (though not all clichés are bad), and really good counterfeiters (with whom I laugh with heartily)

Some things that makes me feel uncomfortable because other people are dense are:

when somebody flips because you talked about a real 21st century issue and provided examples (examples they somehow construe as an affront to their race/religion/identity)

when you realize that not only is x actually happening, but it's also far lamer than you thought would ever be possible

and when your 4.0 buddies repeatedly try hounding you into accepting that <$5 you loaned them for lunch

and, misnomers
Miscommunication and misnomers for me, as well. Clichés don't make me uncomfortable/awkward/nervous, but I do dislike most of the ones in the (at the risk of sounding like a hipster) mainstream.

I'd cite specific examples of what makes me uncomfortable/awkward/nervous, but the list would go on and on- so I will simply state "any sort of interaction".

Tense situations where someone is angry, whether it's just us or in a room full of people. I get extremely tense when I witness strong displays of anger. I guess that's normal, but it even makes me cry sometimes, even though the anger isn't directed at me.

-statements in regards to my weight

-asking for or requests to give advice

-how I act when in the company of others

• everything cardiovascular

people's comments on facebook
having to stand up and talk in class
while i'm standing, having my back facing anything other than a wall
sitting in school
awkward comments about my hair
"so, what color is your boyfriend's hair?"
when people have lip rings on their upper lip
careless/well-meaning remarks

That awkward silence when I run out of things to say when with my friend. We are both pretty quiet by nature. There is only so much you can talk about.

Public displays of affection really make me feel uncomfortable.

Talking irl

Seriously, why do people act weird when I talk to them it's not like I'm saying anything that stupid

In the end they cut off or just make the whole conversation awkward for no reason

WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME REALLY NOW

...Actually this angers me more than it makes me feel awkward well uh

Uncomfortable when I realise that my opinion is completely the opposite of the person I am chatting with.

Awkward because I struggle to think of a way to change the subject so that I can put an end to the uncomfortable discussion.

Nervous when I can't think of anything to say that won't sound like it's rude, confrontational or disagreeable.

Seeing people touching makes me uncomfortable (touch of any kind including hand holding and stuff)

People who cannot have any silence in a convo

Bright lights and open spaces make me nervous

Phone calls

A lot really, I am an anxious, uncomfortable child

Being around children. I feel like I don't know how to talk to kids anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back