This is something i really need to know!

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

NCIS

November 2008 Contest Winner
Reaction score
Does any of you know the creator of Tamagotchis?

Well, i dont know who it is........ does anyone :furawatchi:

Last edited by a moderator:
Here is a Tamagotchi Time Line translated from a 1997 Japanese book about Tamagotchis that I have.

1995 August - Mr.Yokoi, the president of Wiz Company came up with the idea for a virtual pet. Wiz Company does business planning for toys. He started talking to Mr.Hongo and Mr.Horimura of Bandai.

1995 November - Wiz Company made the first prototypes. (Eventually several different revision prototypes were built.) Meanwhile Mr.Hongo and Mr.Horimura had to sell the idea internally within Bandai.

1996 August - Small LCD hand-held games (such as Tetris) were very popular so timing for a product such as the Tamagotchi was felt to be very good.

1996 October 10 - Bandai started selling a test release of the Tamagotchi in certain stores. Ms.Maita* was leader of test marketing group.

1996 November 23 - Bandai released the Tamagotchi for general sale. At that time you could have bought it, but a week later it was totally sold out. High school girls loved it.

* Ms.Maita refered to here is Aki Maita, who is generally hailed as the creator of the Tamagotchi.

Note: In 1997, an IgNoble Award was presented to Akihiro Yokoi of Wiz Company in Chiba, Japan and Aki Maita of Bandai Company in Tokyo; the father and mother of Tamagotchi.

Last edited by a moderator:
Aki Maita was 36 che came up with the idea for Tamagotchi. She went to a business meating to discuss new toy ideas, and thats when she told Bandai about her idea. They liked it and they gave the idea to the tech people, and they started making prototypes. And soon the Tamagotchis were givin away in Japan to high school girls. They became ahit with both genders and Bandai put them in stores.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back