this may sound silly...

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

moz_tama

Reaction score
hi guys, this may sound silly, but what does it mean for a topic to be bumped. i have heard the term used a lot, and i am just asking what it means.

thanx guys,

moz_tama :blink:

It can also refers to someone double posting to raise the topic back to the front so it can get more attention.

Yeah. You know how topics always come to the top when they have been posted in? Last post, top topic? Well, people sometimes "bump" really old topics by posting, so they come straight to the top of the board. It is quite annoying because bumping is usually flaming, SPAM etc, and the useful topics are pushed down. Bumped topics are topics that have not been posted in for about a month. Depending on the usefullness of a topic. I super-useful 3 month-old topic might remain open, while a SPAMmy, boring 3 week old one could be closed (well, any SPAMmy topic can be closed). My usual rule is:

1. Don't reply to topics that are more than a few pages down on the list.

2. Don't reply to topics unless the question has not been answered / has been answered but not in full.

See? This topic has been answered, but not completely.

StarTama :blink:

Hi there. Bumping is basically what the others said, but its not really THAT bad. It's just when you want to have a popular topic so you bump it up a little bit - even if its not that good. but dont do it - its nice to have a variety of different hot topics! :blink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back