This Msn Warning thing I got

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jamie__Rox

TamaTalk Supporter
TamaTalk Angelgotchi
Reaction score
Well I opened up my e-mail a few days ago and there was this message from msn and it said something like "Sorry to break the news, but msn now costs money. send this message to 18 other people before your account gets closed." If any of you also got it, is it actually true, or is it just a little game?

Sounds like a chain letter - Don't do anything, trust me. "...send this to 18 other people..." That's makes it very likely to be a chain letter.

Heh, don't let a chain letter scam you. ;]

You have nothing to worry about.

I got that Email like...2 years ago. Its a Chain Letter. its fake. Thats why whenever i get an Email i always scroll down to the bottom and if it says "Please Send this to *number* people in *number* minutes, or else you will have bad luck" I just delete them.

Well I opened up my e-mail a few days ago and there was this message from msn and it said something like "Sorry to break the news, but msn now costs money. send this message to 18 other people before your account gets closed." If any of you also got it, is it actually true, or is it just a little game?
Man, that ain't true.

It sounds like a chain letter.

I have MSN, and it does'nt cost money...

MSN is a site you should trust for that kind of matter.

-Rachel

Pfffft.

It's obviously fake - MSN wouldn't close your account if you don't send it to 18 people.

The wouldn't send you an e-mail- emails are insucure. They would tell you ON the program/site becuase that is a secure place.

That's fake.

Don't you worry bout that old message...

I'm sick and tired of that...people are always sending me that since like 2004 I've been getting that message and anyways, if it truly was real, you'd get the email from the MSN staff and it wouldn't be in chain letter form, it'd be a normal warning.

Chain letters seriously make me sick...they're everywhere and they're driving me crazy...on hotmail, gaia, youtube...if only they were never invented...

DO NOT BELIVE IT! IT IS A SCAM AND SOME PEOPLE R JUST TRYING TO SCARE U AND THE PEOPLE U SEND IT 2! IT IS CHAIN MAIL! IF THE MSN PEOPLE WERE GOING TO SEND THAT TO U, IT WOULD NOT BE IN A CHAIN MAIL FORM, DO NOT GET FOOLED, I DID, AND I WAS ANNOYED, SO PLZ DONT DO IT!

thanx for listening

makiko_girl

p.s i am not angry at u, i am just angry at the mean people who scare people with letters lyk that!

I wouldn't pass the message on.

It is a chain letter.

If MSN wanted to communicate to us that they were going to make MSN cost money, they would have sent every user an email seperately, and would not make it 'our responsibility' to spread the news, or they would put it on their website.

When you receive an e-mail chain letter it is not a good idea to send it on, because it is in a way a type of virus. And as you pass the message on, any company who sent that message will be obtaining freely different emails of different people, and therefore be able to SPAM those people/send them adverts (now you know where they all come from =P).

I got that about A year ago and I still don't have to pay for MSN, it's probably some loner that wants attention that started a chain letter to scare everyone.

I got this message before, I thought it was a scam I didn't belive them so I just continued what I was doing and two weeks later my account got deleted and all my friends couldn't e-mail me and when I signed up again it said I wasn't aload to have mutilple accounts that's why I stick with yahoo :huh: but I still think it's a chain letter. I can't belive all my friends belived it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back