THIS NEEDS TO BE SAID

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What exactly do you mean by "there are too many fake Tama's" ?

Are you reffering to fake Tamagotchi's being sold on E-bay, if so then yes, there are many fake Tamagotchis being sold on e-bay, they are scans. You do have to make sure you know what you are buying before you purchase them. And that applies for everything you buy online.

//haze

I usually make sure that the case of the package is exactly the same as the real tamagotchies.

What exactly is wrong with "fakes"? How are they any different to you home brand products? Why is it acceptable to have homebrand of anything else but not for tamagotchis? What is with this close minded attitude that all this homebrand tamas are sooo bad?

What exactly is wrong with "fakes"? How are they any different to you home brand products? Why is it acceptable to have homebrand of anything else but not for tamagotchis? What is with this close minded attitude that all this homebrand tamas are sooo bad?
I don't get it, either.

Perhapes this thread should be closed?

I guess alot of rabid Tamagotchi fans think "FAKE! TEH BAD!" is popular now.

I think its cause the fake tamas usually arent as realiable as real ones, and that the break more easily and cause more problems and stuff :)

Is that so? Have you ever had a "fake" tama before? Have you tried all the different types of "fake" tamas? Can you say with all certainty that the "fake" tamas are actually worse than brand tamas? I would hardly think that they are any more reliable when Bandai tamagotchis are draining their batteries in less then two months, crashing out and have regular glitches! In fact, the further along in version we go, the more complaints seem to made in regards to the handling of tamagotchis!

I am inclined to agree with Olber here, I think there is very much a preset idea that "fake" tamas are bad because everyone says so. Just like the idea that you can get good or bad tamas and that ebay is an evil place and debugging is bad etc. etc. Open your minds people!! I buy $20 shoes from Spendless shoes (that about $10 US) and the are not Nike or Adidas or any other brand name but they last for at least 2 years with every day use and provide all the arch and ankle support I could get from $100 pair of shoes.

In some cases brand name is better but you will often find that homebrand anything can do the same job, if not better if you are prepared to open your mind and really give things a try!

It's like a friggin' trend.

"Ewww a fake!!! I wanna kill the seller!"

I owned a fake Tama, I was happy with it.

I agree Bellsprout. There are a ton of close and narrow minded people here as is. They get off in a tizzy for other people having an opinon.

I hve bought game controlers form unknown and no named compaies and they worked better then the Mad Catz ones.

[SIZE=11pt]Well, we can get more technical here[/SIZE]

There are fakes and there are what I like to call "odd pets" that are not necessarliy trying to be Tamagotchis.

Now these V4,5,6,7 or 8 are fakes. They are being misrepresented in the aucitons as the actual thing in some cases. Use the Tamagotchi licensed characters on the packaging or try to immitate the packaging.

I have been collecting these little things for a long time. There are a lot of really great virtual pets.

Just be careful looking through the auctions and remember, you get what you pay for. Also auctions from China-Hong Kong are always suspect. Sometimes legit, often not.

Hm... Well I seem to have min-interpreted the first post :furawatchi:

As others have said, there aren't really any 'fake' Tamagotchis, they are simply different virtual pets, which people may call 'rip off's' from the Tamagothi idea, there are loads of Virtual pets, similiar to Tamagotchis.

But as far as 'fake' Tamagotchi's go, yes, people are attempting to sell, "Connection V6" or whatever, they are fakes!

//Haze

I know that home brand stuff can get the job done. But it's different with Tamas. We are here because we love Tamas not the fakes. I know that there are fake Tamas out there, and the main problem that I see with them is that they call themselves Tamagotchis when they are not the true Tamas. I am VERY loyal to Tamagotchi and plan to be for a long time. Like I said, we are here because we love TAMAGOTCHI, not the fakes that call themselves Tamas. Well, that is my opinion, please don't chew me out 'cause of it. That bothers me.

:ph34r: *~*Tama_Lover*~* :)

Bellsprout, I understand what your saying im not opening this to say 'Fakes are BAD' I bought one recently, Im just pointing out that people have to be careful. So they dont get ripped off.

I do hope you understand :furawatchi:

hazeyjune

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back