"Those who will hate you for who you truly are, aren't worth being liked by"

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Well...do you agree or not agree? Do you think that, for example, if you were a 15-year-old boy who liked Barbie dolls, you would tell all the other teenage boys who are obsessed with skateboarding and horror movies? If they laughed at you, would you care? Do you think people like that - who hate their "friends" if they knew who we truly were - are even worth liking?

I think not. I tell people the truth about myself. I don't just walk into class and yell some random secret to do with my life, but if people ask me personal questions, I will tell them the true answers. I don't care what they think - if they're going to hate me for it, it's their problem, I don't care who doesn't like me.

I know some people have different opinions though, and I'm curious to hear and discuss them!

i never did and never wil care about what others think of me

i get people to ask me personal questions al the time and i always answer truthfully

No matter how much I convince myself that I do not care for people's prejudices and judgements, I cannot say I am being truthful. I still hide behind society's mask, acting somewhat a "normal" person. I am still in the process of growing up, after all. I hope that I would find myself treading my own path in the near future.

I'm very self consious. I mean, I guess I'm just being a girl. ;) I don't put on a mask though, I'm myself around other people, although really only my mom and two of my best friends (plus people here on TT) know how obsessed I really am with Tamas. Otherwise I'm honest with people about myself. :)

No matter how much I convince myself that I do not care for people's prejudices and judgements, I cannot say I am being truthful. I still hide behind society's mask, acting somewhat a "normal" person. I am still in the process of growing up, after all. I hope that I would find myself treading my own path in the near future.
This. I respect what you're saying and I can see the practical truth in it.

The fact is that it shouldn't matter what people say about you or how they treat you and it is true that if they judge you badly for who you really are then they're not worth your friendship but in reality it does matter to a lot of young people (and older people) and it can really bring you down when people are unkind because you're not afraid to show who you are.

I'm not saying that you should hide away and pretend all the time. There are plenty of people who are confident enough to be themselves. I just think that until you know a person well you should be careful about what you reveal about yourself - especially if you know that you are the kind of person who gets hurt or upset by mean or rude comments.

Several months ago (possibly a year), I wouldn't dare show who I am. I wanted to avoid being made fun of, so I would dress differently, act differently, talk about different things, and I was basically a completely different person. In my mind, it was the only way I could avoid being bullied.

Then, I finally realized that I wasn't alone, and I was free to be anything. Including being myself. So that's what I chose to be.

People liked me much more now that I wasn't hidden behind the fear of not fitting in.

As time passed, I was noticing how much less stressed I was. Back when I hid myself, I was always stressed out about if I was doing everything right. But now, I'm fine just the way I am. And I'm happy with that. If I'm happy with that, I don't care if others aren't. :)

I have some very unusual secrets....I don't tell many people because they think the secrets are harmless and they end up getting spread all over the place. Yeah, I have something that a psychologist would mis-diagnose as scizophrenia or psychosis.....see if you can guess :p

i've been through depression and having that feeling that everyone is watching, waiting to judge you for all your mistakes...

but that's all just what you think is happening. nobody really cares about who you are - people are too fed up in themselves and what they're doing to worry about you unless you put yourself out there in a negative way and allow people to see you as such.

and if people do gossip - let them! who cares what they think; i would rather be friends with one really amazing person than cover myself in lies and falsehood in the name of feeling secure. being secure is more than just waiting to be stabbed in the back - you should know that you won't be.

there was a time when i would have picked differently, but as of now my option is with the fifth.

I'd like to say I didn't care what people thought about me but to be honest I care way to much about what people think. I dance to the beat of a different tune and most people can't hear the tune I dance to. I also have a weight problem. So I really do get judged a lot. I don't reveal my complete true self, but I don't put on a complete disguise either.

I act reserved and quiet in public. If any of you know me, you'll know that I'm not reserved and quiet. xDDD

I do that because I find it hard to meet new people. It's part of my Asperger's. ono

I changed my vote to the last one instead of the second to last one because, now that I think about it, I don't even care what my friends think of me! Not even you, Dazz! XD I write totally loopy stuff even though everyone will probably think I'm a lunatic but I don't care. I wear my Melodytchi plush in public and people stare but I ignore them. I don't think anything about other people, and I don't think about other people thinking anything about me. XD

I act myself in public and at home and stuff because if you act different to who you are then you'll end up hanging around with people you don't actually like and in high school its hard to get in/out of a particular class of people once your in it because people judge you too quickly.

Show everyone just how rad you are. There's nothing as rare as someone who isn't afraid to be themselves in front of the entire world. (BroTip #95)

I act reserved and quiet in public. If any of you know me, you'll know that I'm not reserved and quiet. xDDD

I do that because I find it hard to meet new people. It's part of my Asperger's. ono
the thing I crazy bolded is probably why I don't act like myself in public or even at school.school and public have 2 different sides of me.school is where I am kinda act like myself but not really I'm usually that person who if they say something someone tells them to "shut up" for no reason.I deal with that everyday btw. In public I am i little less weird but then I keep thinking that someone from school is watching me without me knowing (I feel like that constantly). I know I shouldn't add this but the place I act like myself is my friends house or on here. D,:

I only really act myself around my friends, though I don't care if other people around can see.

I changed my vote to the last one instead of the second to last one because, now that I think about it, I don't even care what my friends think of me! Not even you, Dazz! XD I write totally loopy stuff even though everyone will probably think I'm a lunatic but I don't care. I wear my Melodytchi plush in public and people stare but I ignore them. I don't think anything about other people, and I don't think about other people thinking anything about me. XD
Good, because I just like you better for the "totally loopy" stuff you write! Plus you know I'm not going to judge you on what you say, and I know you're not a lunatic. Anyway, if I see someone wearing a Melodytchi pouch when I go to Australia this year, I'll know it's you... XD

I always act like myself.

If people are going to like me, I want them to like me for who I am, not for who I'm pretending to be.

This year I've become way more outgoing because of the tons of friends i've made, and I feel so much more accepted into my school because I always try and talk to people and make new friends.

If someone thinks I'm weird for the way that my friends and I act, too bad for them. I have many friends already and if you don't like me because we can be a little crazy then I wouldn't want to be your friend anyway.

Like Dazz said, I don't announce all of my personal secrets like me playing with Tamagotchi's at this age, but if someone were to ask me I would say yes. I just try and be confident in myself, showing to people that I'm not afraid to let them know how I really am. Usually people look up to others who are confident(not cocky) friends, ones who don't hide things from each other.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back