Too many Tamas?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dordtchild

Reaction score
Here lately I've been on a bit of a spending spree for Tamagotchis for resale and so far...I think I have a bit of a problem :I

These are my current Tamagotchis

1 Tamagotchi Connection v1 (green w/orange boarder)
1 Tamagotchi Connection v2 (pink/purple/slight orange)
1 Tamagotchi Connection v3 (red w/yellow boarder)
4 1997 P1 (green w/yellow boarder, clockwork gotch, aqua gotch, Yellow w/orange border)
2 1998 P2 (Black/white camo and a Clear Yellow)
1 1998 TamaOtch
1 K-Tama (Pink w/hearts)
1 1997 Japanese Silver Angel Gotch (in original package)
2 1997 Japanese White Angel Gotch (OOB)
2 1997 Japanese Silver Angel Gotch (OOB
1 1997 Gold Tamagotchi (In Box)

(Personal Collection)
1 1997 Gold Tamagotchi Angel (US) (OOB)
1 1997 MINT Silver Tamagotchi Angel (US)
1 Tamagotchi Connection v2 (Banana yellow/butterlies)
1 Tamagotchi Connection v4 (Glow in the dark white/green)
1 Entama (Orange w/pink & Orange beads)

22Tamas in total

I also have 2 Mimitchi cases, Lanyards, many charms, so forth. :u do I have a problem?

I guess your question is a bit humorous considering there are people in this hobby who have so many Tamas they can't count them all. Whether you have too much of anything is a matter of principal, not a set number. To get a definite answer to whether you have too much, answer this question:

1. Do you not have enough space for your collection or does your collection overflow your living space?

If yes then you have too much. If no, then you don't have a problem.

Having too much is always said in relation to space. For any large amount of anything - whether specialized items like Tamagotch

You got a point. I love Tamagotchis and lately I just found out that Deka Gotchis exist and now I want one :u

They were just a strong part of my childhood when I was growing up. The first time I got a tama was when I was 14 and the Connection Series first hit US shores.

: ) I guess the memories of that time is what compelled me to go back into Tamagotchis

Whoa, looks like my post got chopped off... by a whole paragraph. To summarize, the last bit was supposed to mention how for keeping a large amount of anything, there are always better ways to store it. This can be by creating space or storing things neater. Also if it gets too difficult to find space for something, it is worth considering whether to keep that item or get rid of something else. Also, collectors should always appreciate each item they collect because that gives a reason for keeping it and value. I thought you might find this useful.

Ah, a Deka? They looks so impressive by being so large. Dekas seem to follow the trend of having a large Tamagotchi that can transfer points and items over to the smaller ones. I was thinking of getting and Id Station, which is similar, but I'm not sure if I should just get another colour Tamagotchi. I received my first Tamagotchi at Christmas, when I was 6-8. I didn't have much of a brain back then and I lost it in my room but I found it years later (it's a pink V3). Nostalgia is a big reason for people returning to their Tamagotchis. You could say nostalgia also made me get back into Tamagotchis, since I came back to the hobby once I read a gaming article that mentioned how Tamagotchis were more meaningful than virtual pet apps. The odd thing about that is that it was more the person's own nostalgic than my nostalgia that actually made me start up my Tamagotchis. In some ways my love of them comes from what I've heard they do for others. Admittedly, that is pretty weird, but I still found some of the joy that other people have described.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back