Too much money for tamagotchis?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I only meant that as a reply to the quote I made Jhud...
Yes she's right, and if you're not yet legally qualified to work, then apparently her response is not meant/applicable for you. :p

If you can't work to earn money then there's always other good means (eg. birthday, Christmas, rewards for getting good grades etc).

Complaining won't help you in any way. Interest in virtual pets (particularly those older ones) can be more than just a hobby - it can be an investment as well.

That's what I do. I have 136$, 60$ from that being all I got for birthday, 15$ for good grades, 9$ saved lunch money (so... not eating lunch for half of a month. Note, 9$ is already a lot here.) Add to that some money I saved from school trip which was cancelled (mom just let me keep the money), plus some more money I found. Found, because I don't even get pocket money. Sometimes there is money in drawers so I ask mom if I can keep it. P's will be probably the only thing I will get for my birthday.

Note that I live in a country where if you are super lucky you earn 500$ monthly in a normal job behind papers and computers... 350$ being monthly taxes. I also have 7 cats to feed which need premium food because of course they won't eat anything else, poor sister with two children who leeches money from us, genius brother living abroad (in Belgium, btw) who doesn't even have a proper job there and needs some too, grandma who can't pay bills either, and tons of other things more important than hobby.

And no, nobody from my family gives me money for occassions such as birthdays and christmas, as you can see why. Not even my mom. That 60$ I got is from my mom's friend...

I love tamagotchis, they are my most passionate hobby I have and I'm willing to spend everything I have right now on them, but really, there are things that are more important. I can't even imagine buying one tama once a month...

Plus I should mention that every time I want a tama I have to tell my mom's friend to get it off ebay. It really feels bad to ask someone to import you a toy...

It seems that you have a goodly amount of Tamagotchis right now, I currently have 15 (just ordered a 16th) and now my parental unit would like me to start selling them (which i will sell at least one). The most expensive thing I ever bought was a Kobo mini ereader for $80, closely followed by my iD L, and I probably won't be getting a Tamagotchi P. I spent more over this summer than I ever have spent. Bought 2 Tamagotchi and a Kobo, and just ordered another Tama.

But it's ok. Maybe you can wait for the money to accumulate a bit more before you spend it. That's what I've been doing for a long time. And someday, you'll be able to sell some Tamagotchi and maybe get a job. But until then, why not just enjoy the ones you currently have?

In less than 4 months I can get a job. But I'm not sure if I will. I mean, there are only 24 hours in a day! So before I really expand my collection, I think I'll wait until I have a steady income.

Considering that a Tamagotchi is a fairly complex, cute, interactive, often rare electronic device, I don't really think they're overpriced. Then again, they're probably cents to make. Like everything else.

Edit: Oh, and technophobic relatives? I've been there.

Last edited by a moderator:
I most likely won't sell any, because a) nobody would buy it because nobody in my country is interested in tamagotchis anymore b ) my collection is most important for me and the amount really matters to me for some reason. (I hate my tama-go and yet I wouldn't sell it.)

So yeah, you could say that I am both a passionate collector, but not like other people there, heh.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back