Tourette syndrome.

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Locky458

Reaction score
Do you know anyone with Tourette syndrome? I know it's not funny to laugh at people with them, but they make it so funny on the movies.

So do you know anyone with it?

I was watching South Park with Tourette syndrome.

To tell you the truth, I have absolutely no clue what tourette syndrome is! But why laugh at anyone with that? People these days... so weird!

My friend's old neighbor had tourettes.

That episode annoyed me x.x

That like if someone is bipolar. You don't laugh at it, and it's not funny.

My friend's old neighbor had tourettes.
That episode annoyed me x.x

That like if someone is bipolar. You don't laugh at it, and it's not funny.
My mom is bipolar...

I have no idea what tourette syndrome is to tell ya the truth..

Broken~Wings

Isn't tourettes syndrome where the person can't stop swearing?

It's hard not to laugh at them, but unfortunately if you do so in public, everyone looks at you like you laughed at a retarded person (I know it's politically incorrect).

I think my nextdoor neighbor had it (Kidding - they just swore a lot).

Isn't tourettes syndrome where the person can't stop swearing?
It's hard not to laugh at them, but unfortunately if you do so in public, everyone looks at you like you laughed at a retarded person (I know it's politically incorrect).

I think my nextdoor neighbor had it (Kidding - they just swore a lot).
It's that they can't control what they say/do at random times.

Some swear, some say random words/phrases, and some make movements. The most common is swearing though.

Wow I never knew that I guess the phrase we learn something almost everyday is true! :D

isnt that when people do things that they cant control at random times? if it is then i dont find it funny at all cause they r probably embarased by it. and they probably wish that they didnt have to endure it.

It's that they can't control what they say/do at random times.Some swear, some say random words/phrases, and some make movements. The most common is swearing though.
That's what it is? It seems like some people in my grade act like that. And they scare me.... They are just really wierd..... *shudders*

But maybe they don't have it and their wierdness is just natural. That'd be even scarier though... o_O

my teacher has that and she blinks alot but there is a some kind of medicine that helps you control yourself

Wikipedia's info on Tourette's: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tourette_syndrome for anyone who is interested in finding out more.

Most of the representations of Tourette's in films or on TV dramas don't really come very close to what it is really like to suffer - so they kind of present an unrealistic version of what it is.

There are a few good documentary programmes - not at all boring - on Tourettes and some people who live with it every day - they are pretty interesting and informative. It can be funny and if you know the sufferer well enough it is fine to laugh along with them about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back