Toys R Us

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nix666

Reaction score
You know the shop "Toys R Us"? Well, me and my family had a little trouble there today. Here's what happened:

Well, I had got a new bike about three weeks ago. It was working, but the brakes were hard to pull.(The bike I tried in the shop was working fine.)

My parents said that it was only 'cause it was new. I then went to Locwinnoch(A place in Scotland) they worked OK, but weren't the best. I thought nothing of it and took it to school for cycling proficiancy.(I don't know if I spelled that properly.) They worked about the same as when I used them at Locwinnoch. When I was coming home, the back breake came on when I didn't pull it. I had to push my bike home.

That was last Monday. Today me, my mum, my dad, my sister and my nephew went to Toys R Us to exchange it. Me, my mum and my nephew went to the bike section, while my sister and my dad talked to the man.

I found a bike that I liked, £30.00 cheaper than the one I had too! My dad and sister had came by this time, too, while the man tried to fix my bike. Everyone said it was good, so we went to tell them.

When we got there, the man had brought it back, but the brakes were still bad. He took it for 25 minutes, we talked to my dad. He said this happened:

Man: Yes sir, it is your fault the bike is broken. We cannot exchange it, but we will fix it.

Dad: No, you see, I need another bike.

Man: Well, we can't do that. You're not a bike expert.

Dad: I don't need to be, to know those brakes are bad. I don't need to be an electronics expert to watch TV, do I?(My dad's like that, cocky.)

Man: You see sir, there's no electronics on that bike. (DUR!!!)

Dad: Can I get a manager.

Man: No you can't, he's too busy.

Dad: *Jokingly* Look, if I was outside, I'd scoop you one. (Uppercut, I think?)(At this, the Staff rushed to the desk, where the two were.)

Man: You're just a F*&*&*& W*&*&*! (O.O)

My dad was just shocked. Me and my family came then, so did the manager, with my bike. My mum said that I couldn't pull the brakes, which I couldn't. To cut a long story short, the manager phoned the police as my dad wasn't taking my bike and leaving. When the police arrived, they talked to us and the manager, then said they wouldn't press charges, but we were banned from that store. So, now I'm stuck with this lousy bike, that doesn't work, I'm scared to go on it, and we're banned from the store. We're going to another store tomorrow, to see if they could swap it. My parents said they'd call the local newspaper and tell them. My other sister said they were bad at returns. She said that people bought a pram, then a wheel broke on them, Toys R Us would take the pram for up to 6 WEEKS and the families had to buy a different one.

Thanks for reading.

Oh my, they had to call the police? I honestly think you should have gotten a new bike without all that fuss from the workers.

It's not like you broke it, and even if you did, I'm sure it wasn't intentional. I think that Toys 'R' Us is at fault here.

I hope you can get a new bike! :)

That man should have been FIRED. Why? Just because he sounds like a complete butt and I don't like him for it. >_>

Toys R Us was clearly at fault and could have just simply exchanged it instead of having you banned from the store. Alot of workers up there never seem to like kids anyways..

Broken~Wings

Wow. Sorry to hear about what happened.

There is a prime example of exactly what should not have happened.

I worked at TRU for 5 years. The only reason we would not take a bike back is if it was pretty trashed, not just the brakes.

I hope the local media picks up your story but I would not count on it. Still that just is not right what happened to you.

Sorry to hear that you were banned from the store. After that experience, I would not want to shop there anyway.

Thanks guys, my dad said he was happy not shopping there, but I need to get a different bike, so he has to... After that, I'm not going to any Toys R Us, unless I can be sure they're not like that. ;)

I'm sorry that had to happen...geez what ever happened to the customer is always right eh?

And yes do get it in the local newspapers if possible. When we had some trouble at my grandmother's nursing home with staff, my grandma wrote it all down and we told the management "Either fix these problems or she's leaving and we'll be talking to the media" and they got the picture REALLY fast. I think they figured in the past that since noone else complained that much if at all (a lot of the elderly there aren't consious enough to get what's going on to them) so for a while until my grandmother came there, some staff thought they could get away with that.

Same kind of thing at this TRU. They obviously fought with the customers and won so many times that they don't see you as a threat to their store or a threat to them making profit. Taking it public, following through and writing everything that went on down can help you. I've seen lots of those kinds of things on the local news, and seems like another company or store will jump in to make themselves look good and help you in the process (That's just how public relations is done IMHO).

So good luck on your battle with TRU, and hopefully you'll get the bike you're looking for.

Last edited by a moderator:
Called the police on you? Ehhh.. That's a bit.. extreme.

I don't even know how that guy got hired in the first place. People with bad customer service skills shouldn't be hired to work in that category. You should take it to a real bike shop and get the guys to look at it.

Toys R us should offer a full refund and then some for giving you faulty machinery. If you had kept on using it in the shape it was in, you could have been hurt. Say you flipped over because you were going down a hill and a brake came on. That could be very bad. Would they say it was your fault then, too?

oh no! the man was THAT abusive. yeh he should of been fired. im really sorry about your bike why dont you go to a bike repair shop and they might be able to fix it. if the newspaper does pick up your story well i hope you do get a full refund

*tamacoolie*

I say in every way possible get it to the news, which Toys R' Us it is, what model bike, etc... All the details. That was stupid and that guy, especially in a store that KIDS go to should have never said that. >.>

Hey guys, I'm really annoyed, I went to a different store and they didn't supply it!(Still Toys R Us) I didn't get it fixed properly, or refunded, or exchanged. My parents said it was too much hassle going to the press, and going to a bike repair store would cost alot because it is really stiff, also, my dad says it's OK, but my mum hurt her hand pulling it! I HATE Toys R Us. Any other store would've done it no problem... Grrr.

If it were me there, and the man was being a butt, I would roll the bike down the bike isle, and let it crash. I'd say "Do you want to try it?" then I'd leave, angry. XD

Hope you get a new, *cough* better *cough* bike!

That was very stupid and immature on the man's part, because their job is to satisfy the customer no matter how rude the customer is being. He should be fired, and I guarantee that if the media gets a hold of this, he will.

And please don't hate me for this, but it is kinda funny.

Well that's really unfair and that man should get fired, there could be little kids in Toys r us listening to him, well I think I know what Toys r us that is and I'm certainatly not going THERE again.

Any other shop would have done it in like 5-10 minutes.

Try taking it to one of those places that repair bikes and stuff (I'm not sure if there's such thing though) or maybe you know some one who has the magic touch.

Last edited by a moderator:
You know the shop "Toys R Us"? Well, me and my family had a little trouble there today. Here's what happened:
Well, I had got a new bike about three weeks ago. It was working, but the brakes were hard to pull.(The bike I tried in the shop was working fine.)

My parents said that it was only 'cause it was new. I then went to Locwinnoch(A place in Scotland) they worked OK, but weren't the best. I thought nothing of it and took it to school for cycling proficiancy.(I don't know if I spelled that properly.) They worked about the same as when I used them at Locwinnoch. When I was coming home, the back breake came on when I didn't pull it. I had to push my bike home.

That was last Monday. Today me, my mum, my dad, my sister and my nephew went to Toys R Us to exchange it. Me, my mum and my nephew went to the bike section, while my sister and my dad talked to the man.

I found a bike that I liked, £30.00 cheaper than the one I had too! My dad and sister had came by this time, too, while the man tried to fix my bike. Everyone said it was good, so we went to tell them.

When we got there, the man had brought it back, but the brakes were still bad. He took it for 25 minutes, we talked to my dad. He said this happened:

Man: Yes sir, it is your fault the bike is broken. We cannot exchange it, but we will fix it.

Dad: No, you see, I need another bike.

Man: Well, we can't do that. You're not a bike expert.

Dad: I don't need to be, to know those brakes are bad. I don't need to be an electronics expert to watch TV, do I?(My dad's like that, cocky.)

Man: You see sir, there's no electronics on that bike. (DUR!!!)

Dad: Can I get a manager.

Man: No you can't, he's too busy.

Dad: *Jokingly* Look, if I was outside, I'd scoop you one. (Uppercut, I think?)(At this, the Staff rushed to the desk, where the two were.)

Man: You're just a F*&*&*& W*&*&*! (O.O)

My dad was just shocked. Me and my family came then, so did the manager, with my bike. My mum said that I couldn't pull the brakes, which I couldn't. To cut a long story short, the manager phoned the police as my dad wasn't taking my bike and leaving. When the police arrived, they talked to us and the manager, then said they wouldn't press charges, but we were banned from that store. So, now I'm stuck with this lousy bike, that doesn't work, I'm scared to go on it, and we're banned from the store. We're going to another store tomorrow, to see if they could swap it. My parents said they'd call the local newspaper and tell them. My other sister said they were bad at returns. She said that people bought a pram, then a wheel broke on them, Toys R Us would take the pram for up to 6 WEEKS and the families had to buy a different one.

Thanks for reading.
That is crazy........

If that ever happened to my parents they would get really mad........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back