trouble with grades?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Xomnix235

Reaction score
I randomly started getting bad grades! I'm usually a straight A student, until fifth grade... happened to any of you guys?

[SIZE=7pt]I know the feeling alright, I went through that.[/SIZE]

Do you have something on your mind? Because, maybe it's laying you off of your work.

Try to keep focused, and talk to your Parents about some help. I got a Tutor who helps me alot. My grades have been up since that. :ichigotchi:

no, i don't like anyone or anything. it might be because my parents stopped helping me remember stuff like reports and homework and late stuff

No, that's never happened to me.

Tips:

1) Set your priorities straight. Make sure you know what's important and what's not

2) If you get stressed, take up something like yoga or meditating.

3) Talk to an adult you trust if things get too bad

4) If your friend wants you to come over, but your homework's not done, simply say no. It's important to get your work done before other things in your case.

5) Don't let boys or friend issues get in the way of your schoolwork.

6) Make some kind of a deal with your parents...like when you get an A your parents will give you a reward

Hope I could be of some assistance

Chatterbox

I'm about average. x.x I'm just always daydreaming and my mind never stops thinking 1,000,000 thoughts a minute, so I'm slow when I'm supposed to think fast because I have to slow my mind.

My grades tipped over last year. I was a slacker. Then I got back on my feet from slacker land and now I get really good grades like I did last year (fourth grade).

Never leave homework till the last minute, especially if you have a bed time and you're doing something special that day. Do it when you get the chance to. Even when you're absolutely sure that you'll get another chance later in the day, do it. It saves stress for when it's the last minute and if you do a little extra work, your teacher will be proud of you. Like Chatterbox said, make a list of priorities, relax your mind if you're stressed, talk to an adult you can trust...everything they said. The "deal with your parents" one is a very good idea. Maybe if you get good grades, then you get...extra added to your allowance? A new little toy? A piece of candy? Eating at your favourite restaurant? Your favourite food? Anyhoo, rewards make you determined to get good grades. If your teacher gives you some time to work on homework, then use it wisely. Don't talk. If you laugh with your friends during instructional times a lot, don't even make eye contact. What if they make funny faces that make you laugh? Don't pass notes, either. That distracts you from learning. If you're really, really behind, you could use times like quiet reading (if you have it) and instead of reading, work on homework. Or maybe recess. Or on the bus in the mornings and afternoons.

I wish you good grades.

I know what you mean.

2 years ago I got all A's except two which were B's.

This year I got 5 B's and a C.

it is a little hard not talking to friends. i mean, every time i ignore them, they just say my name until i ask them to be quiet for once in their lives, but when i do that they're depressed for the rest of the day. and i know what you're thinking, i have pretty weird friends. but none of my friends who live next to me ever do their homework, so they just make me feel bad until i stop what im doing and go outside with them. i will try to ignore them though, but the last time i did that, he acted like he didn't like me any more, and then he moved without saying good bye, which was extremely sad for me. :D

This is totally freaky!

I started getting bad grades since Grade 5 too! My Grade 5 Teacher was all about gym!

I was a staright A student too,*remembering*

And now in Math I suck so much! I am not gonna say my grade thats how bad it is,

anyway

~TP~ :) Good Luck with your grades

This is totally freaky!

I started getting bad grades since Grade 5 too! My Grade 5 Teacher was all about gym!

I was a staright A student too,*remembering*

And now in Math I suck so much! I am not gonna say my grade thats how bad it was now I am doing a bit better,

anyway my tips are:

•Keep Focused

Thats all I got to say.

~TP~ :) Good Luck with your grades

I say its all about the teacher. sometimes a good teacher can get your priotities straight.

SAme hear i had really good grades last year but now my grades in s/s and math have gone down:(

I have a C in Science. I missed it for 6 days and 1 period. 6 days-My grandpa's funeral, 1 period-Band Lesson (3rd Period Science I had it)

Yes it has. It is probably because your parents stopped monitoring you. In 5th grade they stopped and let me be. But it had nothing to do with failing tests. I was really smart. I just stopped doing/caring about homework, not to mention my teacher gave us too much.

~ChibiMuffins

I always get bad grades. I'm not proud of it or anything, I just am not good at a lot of subjects. I am only really good at Art, Music and English T_T

I usually get C's except for Music whiche I get A*'s in -_-

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back