Trying to recreate Apollo Super Pet in my learning-to-code project. Hi everyone!

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

orchidgoth

Reaction score
Hey! I've discovered this forum while looking for references for a learning project, and decided to join. :)

As I'm learning to code, I'm trying to recreate my 1st and forever fave Tamagotchi, the Apollo Super Pet. The one with cute short stories about each character in the manual. I'm also looking to buy one, as the one I had is somewhere in my place in Ukraine, while I'm in Germany.
I currently run a Tamagotchi Pix here, and got a P's and M!x in my collection, but those are back home.

P.S. Does anyone here have the Apollo and/or a scan of the manual? I'd be happy if you could show me pics/videos of the characters and animations, so that I could try recreating them. ^__^

Sounds like a fun project! It's been really cool seeing so many people trying to archive virtual pets or make their own. Is this the virtual pet? If so, it looks like it follows this growth chart:
View attachment 8678

I can't find any instruction manuals for the Apollo, though. :(
Thanks so much! I realized working on something I miss so much gives me motivation, so sticking to it for now. :)
Yes, that's the one in the video! The growth chart is similar, but isn't the exact one. But - it's a lot of help for me to make the game design document! (I'm a total noob, so each reference means a world!💚)

Hey there! I've felt exactly the same and decided to code my own copy of the P2 back in 2020. I've just decided this week I had worked on it enough, and I'm preparing to move on to the Mothra Tamagotchi (I should probably do the P1 first, but I want to start something a little different and there's already Bandai's official app for the P1). I have a long term ambition to recode them all, but it'll probably never happen, except if I manage to leverage enough brain cells to create a sort of "Tamagotchi Creator" or at least a Tamagotchi API that helps creating new versions easily.
What language are you using? To me it only makes sense to have a tama on your smartphone so I went for Android/Java, even though I'm not very good at it which resulted in pretty messy code. Oh well! it still works fine though!
Here's what the app looks like at the moment:

Screenshot-2022-10-13-04-25-19.png

Last edited:
Welcome! I am also working on a virtual pet called Nure Nure Kame where you take care of a turtle or it'll die
Woah, awesome! Where can I check it out? Yay, more gamedev people here! ^__^

Welcome!

It appears that your tama is fake one.....
Thank you!
Yes, it's the type that was popular in Eastern Europe in the 90s. I still have it somewhere at home in Ukraine, so will try to find the actual device whenever I'm back.

We're glad to have you here, good luck with your coding project.happy2
Thank you! Now I'm having lots of fun drawing the characters while enjoying a coffee! :)

Hey there! I've felt exactly the same and decided to code my own copy of the P2 back in 2020. I've just decided this week I had worked on it enough, and I'm preparing to move on to the Mothra Tamagotchi (I should probably do the P1 first, but I want to start something a little different and there's already Bandai's official app for the P1). I have a long term ambition to recode them all, but it'll probably never happen, except if I manage to leverage enough brain cells to create a sort of "Tamagotchi Creator" or at least a Tamagotchi API that helps creating new versions easily.
What language are you using? To me it only makes sense to have a tama on your smartphone so I went for Android/Java, even though I'm not very good at it which resulted in pretty messy code. Oh well! it still works fine though!
Here's what the app looks like at the moment:

Screenshot-2022-10-13-04-25-19.png
Holy paws, I thought it was a photo of some fresh release! :) Loooove the look!
As for the "creator" thing, I remember something like a character creator app from Mr Blinky, it was a PC tool to make characters. Sadly I can't find it anymore! :(
I'm using Swift and Xcode for now, my former team got me into that. They made the 1st ever 3D game for Apple Watch (Mindkeeper - The Lurking Fear) and I thought... my fave old Tama could be fun on Apple Watch! :)
It's a very rough thing at the moment as I'm learning to code from scratch! ^__^

Oh so you're using a language I have even less experience with (i.e. 0 lol). Well, if you have any question about any aspect of development (other than xcode specific stuff), I'd be glad to answer!

Hello, how is your project doing? I am.trying to get Apollo virtual pet for years
Hi! Thanks so much for asking!

Super slow, sadly - I’m just learning and doing it after work, which has been very intense lately (we’re preparing a playable version of our videogame, I work for a game company as a dayjob :)). The worst thing is that my Apollo pet I was using as a reference broke, and I’ll try sending it for a repair attempt after my vacation (fingers crossed it can be fixed!)

The current status of my project is that I managed to make it that the stats menu opens when you press the button… but the button is too big and sideways, and the background is misplaced :D Hope to fix that tomorrow and jump to the eating/feeding function!

Latest posts

Back