TT Elders~ Those from '06 or later

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
05' And still alive! (In the forum. xD)

I still act like a retard, but not a n00b anymore. But, I feel special right now! SUGOOOIII.... (Sparkly eyes) xD

It gets annoying, but other then that, I'm fine with it. ^-^

~SG~

Ouch.

I haven't even been here for a year but I'm not a noob (hate that word). It feels like I've been going on here for years. And just because I'm a "noob" doesn't mean I am breaking the rules. I am trying to prevent any rule breaking. And taking over? What's that about? New people can't take over! It's great we get so many new people! Plus people who haven't read the rules should read them before they post. It's what your supposed to do. And people who have read the rules, shouldn't be breaking them. And if they are, well they should jog their memory by taking a little trip to TamaTalk Rules and Regulations.

I agree wtih TamaMum.

'Nuff said huh?

I hate the word "noob", too.

That's why I say "nib" instead.

I just hate that every time one of them does something wrong, at least two people will be like, 'Well I see you're new so...'

And let them off the hook.

As if being new means they can't read the rules.

I understand that people are new, but do they really need special treatment when it comes to rules?

No, I don't miss the old tamatalk. I don't spend my time comparing how things are now to how they were then. And I don't think things have changed too much.

People who are new are just that, new. We deal with them, they grow up a little, life goes on.

So what if we get some new ignorant new members. :0~

We have some old ignorant members too. Remember, this site is for children of all ages, and different personality's. I mean, come on. It's not like we can just ban everyone that made an account after 2007. Like really.

THERE NEW~ They don't know what to do, they don't know the ropes. But over time they will. We can't just shun them because they can be annoying. o.o" Remember, a lot of these kids are still young. Some...Just more mature then others. :0~♥

[SIZE=30pt]BESIDES WE WERE ALL NOOBS WHEN WE FIRST JOINED TT~! > :eek: [/SIZE]

I KNOW FOR SURE I WAS~! xD

Last edited by a moderator:
September 30th '05.

Tamatalk is so different in many ways now...

I agree with SK, just because their new, why do they get let off the hook? That didn't really happen when I joined o_O

Well I'm from back in (very) late 2006

I wouldn't call it taking over, there's just more of them.

Like many others have said, we were all once new. If no one was new, well, it just wouldn't be the same. There would be no more introduction topics so we may aswell scrap that forum.

You see, TT isn't perfect. No forum doesn't have a few, well maybe here quite a lot of annoying new members.

And anyway, you wouldn't expect new people to instantly know the rules off by heart and instantly start talking like one of the elder ones.

Everyone has slip-ups with the rules at least once, right? I know I did a few times way back in 2006. The new members can't help it that they are new, they just... are.

And not all members are let off the hook. It really depends what they do.

Hopefully you get where I'm coming from.

A like some new tt members. I've made quite alot of friends but yes, nearly half the members on here are n00bs.

I've never considered this an especially literate community anyways, but I was really annoying when I was a new person. o.o Like, seriously, don't look in the really late pages of my posts. You'll end up having a heart attack. When I did, I didn't realize that I was ever that annoying on the web.

But, well, you can't stop people from using chatspeak, unfortunately. I do wish that the 'Seriously _____' sections had higher standards for grammar, spelling, and post length. Other wise, its just, Non-Tamatalk with a few politics topics.

Many of the new memebers don't read the rules. They "txt tlk" which is really hard to understand. I'm from 06'. I changed accounts I'm not from 07'

I can understand that many of you are frustrated with people who use bad grammar and "txt tlk", but please try to remember:

We were ALL new once.

Everyone. From the people who break the rules and SPAM to the "ordinary" members to the senior guides.

I remember that when I first came, all I was desperate to become part of the community. If I had stumbled upon a topic like this where people criticized "n00bs", I would have been very, very, sad. ;) Someday, those "n00bs" might turn into "elders" and start grumbling about new members! :p

Please remember, everyone, that just because someone is new doesn't automatically mean they are a rude person who SPAMs and ignores the rules. I wasn't like that when I first joined, though I did tend to insert a few more smilies than necessary. ;)

I really don't see how new people are "taking over". Just because there are a lot of new people around here doesn't mean they are taking over anything! ;)

And finally, isn't new people discovering and enjoying tama talk a GOOD thing?

No, no, of course not! D:

You have to take into consideration, we all used to be n00bs too, at one point or another. The newer members will eventually mature.

Besides, we get bombarded with new members every day. Of course they're taking over. We can't stop them from joining, now can we?

I just hate that every time one of them does something wrong, at least two people will be like, 'Well I see you're new so...'And let them off the hook.

As if being new means they can't read the rules.

I understand that people are new, but do they really need special treatment when it comes to rules?
I 100% agree- as usual. ^^

I think tamatalk is just like it used to be. Nice people and nice admins!

Everyone was and is always willing to help or be a friend!

We now have tamachat everyday, and way more guides and people, and way more topics.

Goo tamatalk!

Lol! I just realised I am like, the only 05 here!

Everyone joined in 2006, didn't they? xD Popular time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back