Tuba tone halp?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

redtama

Reaction score
Okay......I tried out a Tuba today.

I can't play super low. D<

My band director said I played a very high Bb/Concert High D. I play Trombone...And I know I have to use thsoe "Pedal Tones"...BUT. My band teacher wants me to play high notes on Trombone.

Now, Heres the question, HOW?! D:

I played TOO high for a Tuba...Because to me, my lips are adjusted to the trombone sound and formation of lips for playing high notes. SO HERES WHAT I DID. I made my lips like you were playing High Bb on trombone, but, that has either Concert D or High Bb... o_o

Its odd because I can't play a good High Bb on Trombone....But can play it on Tuba? O______O

<3

RT

DISCUSS:

Tuba

Brasswinds

Tone

HOW?!!!

how the tuba is awesome

[PS, I don't need a instant reply,but this needs to be up until October,21 200 to January or March ? 2009,so if you DO have an answer, please do not wait until the last minute. Thanks!! ]

EDIT:

For further info, the MP WAS HUGE! It was a HUGE Vincent Bach. 13 something....I think. I know it's Vincent Bach [Or Bach]. What size should a BEGINNER use?

I held the tuba on my left leg, and when I was playing, it felt....Odd.

Its not a convertable tuba, its a concert tuba. Should I hold it on my right leg?

ilya.

Last edited by a moderator:
EDIT:

I'm playing Tuba in Jan. C=

So please, if you DO have an answer, please post....You Tuba players are hiding. </3

I need help on Pedal Tones...Help?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back