Turning him down nicely

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

spypeeps3

Reaction score
There's this boy that sits next to me in math. He is in the special ed. program and has some serious problems. He's been talking to me on facebook everyday telling me how much he likes me, how much he enjoys sitting next to me, and I always see him staring at me in class. It makes me uncomfortable but I know he's a nice guy. Today he told me he's in love with me and wants to get to know me better. I have nothing against him, but I don't like him in that way and don't want to be mean. Do you have any advice on how I could politely turn him down without hurting his feelings? I'm desperate for ideas, as I have to sit next to him everyday 5 days a week. I'm not sure what to do or say and any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

You mean, he wants to date you?

Say that you're not ready for a relationship because you're too busy/young/ect.

^Yeah, I think that's what he meant, but I'm not sure. Anyway, thanks for the tip. I'll tell him that if he says anything else.

"Sorry, I'm not interested" is probably the best thing you can say without trying to hurt his feelings.

I can't think of another way to say no without trying be mean.

I've turned down a few good guys in my time. Mainly for friendship reasons, and sometimes I just haven't seen in them what they see in me. I've learnt to do it nicely, and not feel guilty about rejecting guys. Usually it's just best to tell them that you're not into dating - you just like to have guy friends. If he really is as nice of a guy as you claim, he'll understand.

G o o d l u c k. <3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back