Typing

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Colortchi

Reaction score
Are you good at typing? If you are then how good?

I have computer class and my teacher makes us type everyday. He makes us practice with out typing because some of us still need work. I'm pretty good at typing :)

Some people in my class have only 17-25 words per minute. To get in A+ in typing we need to have at least 25 words per minute and a good percent accuracy. I go from around 38-68 words per minute and 93-100% accuracy. We have a quiz every wednesday but you can't look at the keyboard so a partner covers your keyboard with a sheet of paper.

And you have to type with the paper on the keyboard? o.o

Unless you're on a laptop, I don't see how that could exactly work.

Anyway, I average maybe 70 words. I type more or less depending on how long what I'm typing is and if I'm in a rush. I'm pretty accurate (most of the time. xD)

Does he quiz you with, like, an online typing test or something? I always start getting pressured when I do those and mess up. xDDDD

Edit I was inspired to type with the keys covered. I actually typed this edit without looking at the keys. :]

Last edited by a moderator:
^ It falls, that's how. xDD You put it over your hands. To cover up the letters.

I think I'm 60-70 words. But I'm awful at accuracy. Watch. I'll type "Hello. My name is Krystal. Some people call me Krys." without backspacing.

Hello. My nacme is Krystal. Some peopl call me Krysta.

TAHT FAILS. (XD)

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm 12, I type 60-80 wpm [Yes, I know, big difference]

I chicken peck, I don't need to look at the keyboard, I go pretty fast and I make very few errors.

I don't need to know how many WPM I get, lol. I just know I'm good at typing.

Computer class falls under ICT for us. We had our choice and I chose Home Economics in its stead. At least we get to sample food while the others are drumming away with the keyboard. We had ICT in the fifth grade. There was a program called "All the right type" and we used it to measure our WPM. Ugh, my scores were terrible. My teacher encouraged us to type while staring straight at the screen, but I'm no good with that Dx. I used to get around 10 WPM when I typed without looking at the keyboard, but I typed at around 75 WPM when I cheated. Now that I don't have ICT anymore, I type wherever I want to type however I want to type, so I type pretty fast.

When your partner covers the keyboard, how on earth are you able to type? Or do you slide your hands under the paper and type that way? That's a clever idea right there.

Computer class falls under ICT for us. We had our choice and I chose Home Economics in its stead. At least we get to sample food while the others are drumming away with the keyboard. We had ICT in the fifth grade. There was a program called "All the right type" and we used it to measure our WPM. Ugh, my scores were terrible. My teacher encouraged us to type while staring straight at the screen, but I'm no good with that Dx. I used to get around 10 WPM when I typed without looking at the keyboard, but I typed at around 75 WPM when I cheated. Now that I don't have ICT anymore, I type wherever I want to type however I want to type, so I type pretty fast.
When your partner covers the keyboard, how on earth are you able to type? Or do you slide your hands under the paper and type that way? That's a clever idea right there.
Our partner just holds a piece of paper of our hands andkeyboard.

It's easy to type without looking at the keyboard for me, sometimes at night I may need to because something about nighttime knocks off my typing skills. Pffft lol.

I PWN at typing. 76 words per minute with 100% accuracy. Well 100% is my average, just cause on the tests, I backspace a lot. xD But without backspace, I'd probably get like 93% accuracy O:

I improved my accuracy like hell compared to the rest of the class. Just because I know I'm capable at reaching 80wpm, I started typing really slow in the test, and got 17wpm. At the end, I finished with 84wpm (go me!) so yeah. I'm gonna get an excellent mark in typing because I so-called "improved"

Wow. I'm such a cheater.

Lol, Trevor beside me, gets like 10wpm, but he's like always yelling "FASSTERRR!!!!!" at me, so once I got 90wpm :eek:

I have a timer right next to me and this is how much i could type in a minute

i like bacon i like eggs i can see mametchi in his under wear i am just saying things that fist come random in myt head lol im only 11 so i cant type fast

I type 11-25 words per minute with about 95% accuracy. We did this activity in ICT to get better at typing. Click here for the typing activity we do.

Timing:

hi i'm Teri I am fourteen years old and my sister is very annoying and I like TT my favourite ice cream is cookies and cream i stayed at my friend Kaycee's place for Halloween we got lots of lollies it was so fun I loved it.

Woah, 46 words that's way more than 25 xD

I took keyboarding in sixth grade, so I can type pretty fast, without looking. I'm good at typing, I would say, thanks to that class.

I type fast, but I don't type correctly.

Still, fastest in the class. :3

Fairly good accuracy, proper typing technique (touch typing I believe it's called), and about 80-90 words per minute. I learned to type near the end of 4th grade, 3 and a half years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back