Ugh, highschool.

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tamagirl_Desy

Reaction score
In January, I have to fill out my option sheets for highschool.

And I am so confused about where to go... it's not even funny. It's keeping me awake at night, and it's just getting me so frusterated because I don't know what to do .

I have two options; let's call one highschool MN and the other SS.

I'll explain why.

I really don't like most of the people around where I live.

I've known them for a long time, and I've really gotten sick of them and their drama... I'm the kind of person who likes to meet new people. I still like my old friends, but I wan't to see new faces.

My best friend is also the same way. So, me and her were talking, and decided that we should go to a highschool on the other side of the city, called MN. She is definietly going there now, and she keeps telling me that I HAVE to go, or else she'll be by herself. At first, I was so excited and so ready to have a fresh start. I would know only a few people, including the guy I've fallen in love with... k, please don't bash me with the "too young to love" stuff. I know how I feel. Anyways, he's going to MN, and one of the reasons why I want to go. The thing is, I've been chasing after him for 6 months, and he keeps telling me he loves me too, but he just avoids the subject of dating, and flirts with other girls non-stop too. He's broken my heart several times. I want him out of my life so he can stop messing with me, but at the same time, I want to be able to see him everyday... because, well yeah, I love him.

The bus ride to MN would be two buses and a 15 minute walk. So yes, pretty far.

Now, though, I'm starting to have second thoughts... I mean, do I really want to torture myself and see HIM everyday? Do I really want to go to a school on the opposite side of the city? And not really be able to go to friends houses because of how far they'll live?

Then there's SS.

It's the closest highschool to me, and would be just one bus.

I'd know basically everyone there next year, and not really meet alot of new people.

I'd still have my old friends, so I guess that's sort of a good thing. But I wouldn't be able to have that fresh start I've been dying for. Alot of the people at that school dislike me, and it's a very 'druggie' place. But, my cousin goes there and she's pretty much begging me to go.

It seems like a pretty good school I guess, ciriculum wise, it's just the people I'm not so fond of. I wanted to make new friends, not having those same old annoying faces pop up saying stuff like, "Remember that time in grade 4 when you were ugly and a nerd and blahblahblah..."

So now, I really don't know what to do.

My best friend who's going to MN will be really mad if I back out now,

but I've been having so much doubts about it.

Yet, I have little desire to go to SS either.

What do I do? I have very little time left to decide.

It's driving me crazy.

I'd say it would be a good idea to lead towards SS. It's closer, which is a leading factor. You could meet a few new people, including upperclassmen. You'd be steering away form older drama and scarred pasts. It's also a good school which, of course, is the point. And if you decide you can't bear it, you can always move during ninth grade or wait and go to the other school for your sophomore year.

I wouldn't base my high school decision on a boy that I liked. Weigh out the options of both schools, and the one that will offer you the best overall experience is the one you should choose. I would go with SS.

I'm having the same problem :S one of the high schools I want to apply for has a really good laptop program, and a lot of my friends from other schools are going there, and I would get a chance to become better friends with them. But the other one is closer to my house, has better teachers, but it has a really intense academic program where 3/4 of the students have already dropped out of, because it was so difficult. I can always still do the regular program.

If you don't like your choice, can you always switch schools? That's what I think I am going to do, if I'm not happy with my choice.

Well, what's more important to you - Having a fresh start or being to a school that's close?

I think that's what I'd think about. If I were you, I'd go to MN, not because of the boy, but because a fresh start is something you want, and that's what you'd get at MN.

If I were you, I'd go to SS. You said it had a good curriculum and that's what's really going to matter in the future.

Also, the guy sounds like a jerk and it's mean of your 'best friend' to try and guilt trip you. Also, bus rides will be cheaper and you can see more of your friends, including your best friend, as you'll have much more free time.

Well I was in the exact same situation. Minus the boy.

I don't know where I'd go. But I chose the school that is further away, where I meet new people, and where my best friend is going. And I absolutely loved the sound of a new start since Primary School has been kinda difficult socially and all that. So yes, I'd go for MN, but for you it may be different.

Then like you, there's a school right next to me which is literally only 200 metres away. Everyone I know is going there. Like you said, this school's education and curriculum is also pretty good and it doesn't seem like a bad school at all. One word; people. That's what drove me away from it. If you think you wanna meet several new people (and you never know, they could become exceptionally good friends :lol: ) then by all means go there. If the people are still bugging you then I suggest MN all the way.

We can't make the decision up for you. It's all up to you.

All I can say is good luck and I hope you do make up the right decision about this. High School should be a blast. (;

Personally, I'd choose SS. The reason? Well, I just think it's a lot safer. You only have to take one bus, as opposed to two and then a long walk. Plus you already know a lot of people there, which to me, would be a great thing.

Ultimately it's your decision. You just have to get your priorities straight.

Oh highschool's nothing :wub:

I'm a junior in high school. It's very easy, and fun, too. Much better than middle school. But I had like no friends in middle school, and I have tons of friends in highschool, so of course I'd think it's better.

To be honest, I don't think you should let your best friend or cousin make the decision for you. Because they're still going to be close friends with you no matter what, so I wouldn't let them try and guilt trip you to go to their school.

Pick the school that you feel you'll enjoy better - high school is a ton of fun, and even though the education part is important, pick a school that you'll have fun at as well.

Like someone said above, the "2 buses and a walk" sounds a bit dangerous. I'd look into that.

And even if you end up going to the school with the people you know, it could still be tons of fun. There are always going to be new students, and there are new teachers and such, so it could still be an adventure. Going to the other school could be a bit of a leap with the friends, but it would be a fresh start by the sounds of it.

Both schools sound pretty good. Just weigh out pros and cons and make a choice that you feel is right. You could always switch too after the first semester or term if you don't like it, that's what people usually do around here.

Good luck. :]

It sounds to me that you already know where you want to go. If I were you, I'd go to MN. I mean, okay lover dude will be there but so what? It's possible to distance yourself from him. Will power. You'd get that fresh start you've been wanting and you'll be with your best friend.

Think about it: Would you rather go to a closer school and be miserable with people you don't enjoy being around, or go to a school that's further and make new friends as well as be with your best friend?

It seems pretty obvious to me. :p

(P.S. If your high school has a colorguard I definitely recommend trying out. It's a ton of fun and you'll meet tons of new people! There's the band people, your fellow guard members, not to mention all of the people you'll meet at football games and competitions.)

Last edited by a moderator:
Ripcurl summed it up nicely.

MN would be my choice. Although it is farther, you get that desired fresh start, and you have the security of your best friend. You can easily distance yourself from the boy, and let go.

New school means new boys to find, and new friends. ;)

If you are unsure about your final decision, it is not the right one.

Good Luck,

Rachel.

go with your best friend! they say friends are forever boys are what ever!

I'm surprised you have a choice between schools. Where I live, you have to go to a school depending on the zoning.

I am also surprised that you are so indecisive about matters like friends and a fresh start, when the point of highschool is the "school" part. You're there to "learn." (GASP! WHAT IS THIS UNFAMILIAR WORD!?) The opportunities available from school to school WILL change what you are able to do. For example, if MN had a better art department with higher entrance rates to good art colleges, I would go there and take the annoying bus ride. But if SS did, I'd rather brave the crowds of people I dislike because college is FAR more important.

Personally I'd pick the closer school because I need my sleep. People are people, and stupid people are abound everywhere. You will deal with jerks througout your life. I'd really rather not wake up an hour earlier than I do now just because I think I /might/ meet nice people. As someone who did have a "fresh start" in middle school, I have to say it was pretty uneventful. And as far as going places because someone you like is there- your own interests are FAR more important. If someone can't handle you choosing your own way and following your own interests, they're not a good friend.

I'd choose MN if i were you, because it'll be something new, and you only live once, right? I think your friend will be really happy, too. And you can meet a bunch of new friends, and it won't be as if you're the 'new kid' because everyone will be new as freshmen. (and btw, i don't think you're too young to fall in love, i have a four-year-old cousin with a boyfriend, lol)

And whichever one you choose, don't stress too much about it. I'm in my first year of high school now, and although i was worried about it, it's really not that bad. I have a lot of fun, and you have a lot more freedom than in middle school. Also, girls are a lot less dramatic in high school, they say middle school is the worst for girls.

I'd choose MN. If you want a new start; then that's what you'll get, right? And best is you don't have to start completely from scratch, because your best friend is going there.

The boy? If you want him out of your life, it's really your decision. If he's not accepting that you're an amazing girl already, you should just let him go. Just because he's going to the same school doesn't mean you HAVE to talk to him. On the other hand, it's a great place to get to know him better!

But you also have to consider what will be best for you, education wise. That's what school is about. If MN isn't as good as SS, then.. Well, it's still your decision, but SS would then be better. You didn't say anything about MN's curriculum?

Also, if SS has a 'drug problem', I would steer clear. You don't want to be getting mixed up with the wrong kind of people & in the wrong kind of stuff.

I would go with MN.

I would choose MN. For most of the reasons Kendal stated. The drug problem would be a major turn away for me.

Let us know when you've made your decision! :)

If your high school has a colorguard I definitely recommend trying out.
What's a color guard? ?_?

Last edited by a moderator:
i had that problem about 4 weeks ago i decided to go to a high school called brixham community collage, i am only going to know about 3 people wich is a good problem because i get sick of people after a while, the one thing is if i dont get in im going to be home tutord NOOOOOOO i cant work without people to talk to or i get depressed REAL BAD!!! any way i would go to mn... :D it's not so bad when you've made the deision

I had a similar situation last year. I could either go where I was districted to or switch to private school.

If I went to public school, I would have been with one of my BFFs and a bunch of buddies (including one with special needs who would probably need me there), and my brothers (but that would take 3 years), but there would be a lot of people there who hated me.

If I went to private school, I would be with two other BFFs, my cousin, make a bunch of new friends, and academically this school was a ton better.

Then things changed. One of my BFFs that was doing private moved across the country, my cousin decided to go to a school closer to her, the friend with special needs moved to another state, and one of my buddies that was going to public school became my enemy and was slowly stealing almost all of my friends.

But I decided to go to the public one for the buddies I still had plus I felt that I was too dumb for the private one.

Then I shadowed at the private one. I liked it a ton better and told my parents that I was doing private.

Currently I am very happy with a ton of new friends, and my BFF that went to public told me that her school is cool too.

So the question to you is, best friend and new friends, or a bunch of old friends and being close to home?

And I'm pretty sure you can always transfer if things don't work out, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back