Ugh X.x

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Well. -doesn't know where to start-

Different people like different styles of clothing right? I happen to like the skinny jeans w/ converse look. I love that style of clothing. And apparently, when you mix that with eyeliner you're either emo or skater or punk or all those labels. I HATE it. People are all "You're such a wanna-be, you don't even skate."

Doesn't that tick you off?

I remember I posted a topic saying I had the same problem ( But that was a few months ago, I'm not saying you copied :) )

I do too. I hate it, but I'm getting to the point where I don't really care what they say anymore. I let a lot of things get to me, so I'm trying to become better at not letting them.

I like the Skinnies and neon shirt look, with converse and flats. Sure, I wear eyeliner. I think everyone in my school does. A High Schooler once asked me on the bus if I was emo. I was just "....no.." and then he called me unsocial :I Now I'm called the emo girl on the bus everyday.

I want to get my hair cut in short layers, like a scene look. I don't really what anyone thinks of me anymore. I Like my style.

I've really never run into that issue, honestly. I've been called "emo" once or twice, but there really hasn't been a big "to-do" for me, you know? At my school, we have our cliques like everyone else, but like... we stay away from each other. We don't "taunt" the other "cliques" or anything. I can't really explain it, but we don't just go up to people at my school and start questioning their personal style and insulting them. I'm part of a large, druggy high school, but most people are just... I don't know. Mellow.

So I guess all I can say is basically a reiteration of what Katie (above) said -- If you like your style, you like your style. You should never change for anybody, because it definitely won't help increase your self-worth or happiness. And if it's a "guy" thing, here's how I always look at it -- I want someone to like me for ME, not for who they think I am. I want them to accept my style and my flaws and my whole being. So changing for someone is only covering who you truly are and what you have to offer.

"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss. :)

Up their nose with a rubber hoes.

It's just clothes, and you payed for it.

Wear the heck you wanna wear.

Your clothes aren't offensive, mmk?

I'm a skinny jeans, converse girl.

And I have coloured skinnys.

I always get called a wannabee-scene girl by people.

I don't like labels but I know the real me so I ignore them.

I admit I'd like to be scene, but don't know exactly where to start.

I sort of have my own style, I channel Short Stack and that's kind of scene-ish, but not so much.

I do look up to true scene people, but it's completely your choice and people shouldn't diss you for it.

+Do other fashion designers diss each other?

I love skinny jeans and band tee's. I don't feel comfortable in anything else, and I doubt you would, either. So stick with it. People will think what they want to think. :/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back