Uh...I don't know about this guy?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tama~bear

Reaction score
Okay my mom has this guy shes going to marry soon and he kinda tells me what to do and I don't like it and plus they aren't even married yet! Do you think this is a bad thing cause I've only known him for two weeks!!!!

I need your comments and advice please!

thanks!

I think you should talk to your mom about it. She will understand if you feel uncomftible. And if that doesn't work try to get to know him better because if he's going to be your stepfather you should learn things, find out what you have in common. ;) :D ;) *Hope this Helps* :D

Your mom is getting married soon, but you've only known her future husband for two weeks...?

That sounds a little strange to me :)

(Did your Mom explain to you why she's only introduced you now, not long before the wedding?)

As for your future step father, I suppose it really depends on exactly what he's telling you to do...

Is he asking you to do stuff like, help clear up the table after a meal? Is he asking you to put your coat away instead of leaving it on the floor? Is he asking you to get your homework done?

Are any of the things he's telling you to do "unreasonable"...?

Or is it just because you don't know him well enough yet?

No one likes being told what to do of course, and it's difficult when you first get to know someone to listen to them telling you what to do... but if he is going to marry your mom and share her life and your life every day, it is probably a good idea to get to know him a little better.

If he's telling you to do bad or inappropriate things, then you should ask your Mom something like: " (His name) told me to do (whatever he said you should do)... is that ok with you, do you want me to do it too?"

That way, it will not seem like you are totally against him but instead asking your Mom for guidance on what's the right thing to do.

Your mom is getting married soon, but you've only known her future husband for two weeks...?That sounds a little strange to me :huh:

(Did your Mom explain to you why she's only introduced you now, not long before the wedding?)

As for your future step father, I suppose it really depends on exactly what he's telling you to do...

Is he asking you to do stuff like, help clear up the table after a meal? Is he asking you to put your coat away instead of leaving it on the floor? Is he asking you to get your homework done?

Are any of the things he's telling you to do "unreasonable"...?

Or is it just because you don't know him well enough yet?

No one likes being told what to do of course, and it's difficult when you first get to know someone to listen to them telling you what to do... but if he is going to marry your mom and share her life and your life every day, it is probably a good idea to get to know him a little better.

If he's telling you to do bad or inappropriate things, then you should ask your Mom something like: " (His name) told me to do (whatever he said you should do)... is that ok with you, do you want me to do it too?"

That way, it will not seem like you are totally against him but instead asking your Mom for guidance on what's the right thing to do.
Well when he tells me what to do he says it in a very firm voice,like,You need to learn to sit up and eat right!!! and other things in the same tone of voice.My mom has just figured it out and she is thinking second thoughts about him also.

p.s my mom is 48 and she thinks by her age she can get married faster than a 20 year old because,well...she never really told me anything else.

Wow, this guy sounds kinda scary.

Any good person would not feel comfortable barking orders at someone elses kid. One would think a good future husband would go lightly on asking the new kid to do stuff.

Maybe you can keep alert and do stuff before you have to be asked to by this guy? I probably would just to avoid the weirdness. Probably easier said than done..

Best of luck to ya.

Wow, this guy sounds kinda scary.
[Any good person would not feel comfortable barking orders at someone elses kid. One would think a good future husband would go lightly on asking the new kid to do stuff.

Maybe you can keep alert and do stuff before you have to be asked to by this guy? I probably would just to avoid the weirdness. Probably easier said than done..

Best of luck to ya.
That's my Uncle for you. That's the whole reason why his Girlfriend (With Kids) broke up with him.

Anyway, I think you should talk to your Mom about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back