Uhhh.... PAIN

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

phobo

Reaction score
I have braces, so I have to get them tightened every once in a while, and afterwards it really hurts. This time it hurts the worst, it's horrible. I wanna take 6 ibeprophens(sp?), but I don't wanna die of drug overdose. I've already taken two. I've been trying to distract myself with rp, but it's not working. I tried to go to sleep to escape the pain, but it hurts so badly I can't. I think I'm gonna take a few sleeping pills. Any advise? Should I try the sleeping pills?

You do NOT want to take the sleeping pills. Ibuprofen takes about 30 mins or so to work, so give it some time to kick in. I had braces for almost 4 years, and I know it hurts when they tighten them. Just try to not think about the pain and the Ibuprofen will work soon!

It's morning, i didn't take sleeping pills. But now, it hurts even worse. and my stomach is hurting too, cause I haven't eaten anything for a while. I WANNA RIP MY TEETH OUT! I wonder how I'm gonna talk at school (oh yea, I forgot to mention, it hurts so bad now I can't talk) I'll probably just do sign language.

I have braces but I'm having mine of in 5 weeks It hurts for a few days for me to but I disract myself by listening to my Ipod Just chill out and don't talk for a while. Keep taking the Ibuprophen but don't give your self a drug overdose. Just take it like in instructions say.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would do that if I didn't have to go to school. GOD it hurts so bad it's taken over my brain.

I would do that if I didn't have to go to school. GOD it hurts so bad it's taken over my brain.
Urm.. Then I ddon't know mine have hurt but not that bad ^^

Ibuprofen can take 30 minutes - 1hour to kick in...

I'm not sure how often you can take them, but have a look at the label, and it should tell you.

Just stick to what the label says.

Hope the pain goes away :mametchi:

Oh no! :mametchi: I have never had braces myself, so I wouldn't know how it felt, but I really really hope you feel better soon! *hugs*

~bratztroxg

I'm glad you didn't take the pills. :) I know that with certain adjustment sets they can hurt seriously bad. Mine would ache and throb until I just wanted to scream. But, it does get better soon!

BTW the chance of you overdosing is only if you took 6 pills or more at once at the same time. If you took two together, take another 2 more in a few hours and see how you feel then. The reason they say a maximum of 6 is pill poppers will take a bunch just to get a high off of it or anything out of them right away, which can cause problems, but taking them one at a time every few hours isn't going to harm you. I had to do it with my wisdom tooth at first and I didn't overdose :D

Advil's and other stuff like that it says maximum of 6 or something but really it all depends on how your body reacts with them. If you take 2 then take one more in a hour or so and you feel a little odd, then don't take anymore after that, but I notice most people only will have problems if they take like 6 at once. You aren't doing that so I think you're worrying over nothing.

I don't have braces, but before I got my wisdom out that was giving me grief, the fact it had a cavity AND was pushing on the inside of my mouth made it unbareable. Advil liquid gels didn't work and normally for that stuff it does, but it wasn't even phasing the pain until we went into a walk in clinic and got some tylenol 3 temporarily to use until exams were over so I could get it removed and they worked great. If the stuff you aren't using is helping, perhaps a quick trip to the doc's to get some T-3's might help.

I'm sorry to hear that. D:

Did you try eating some ice crem? Maybe the cold temperature of it would help out your teeth... I've never had braces, but I would think that would help. :mimitchi:

I honestly wouldn't worry too much about overdosing. I' take mulitple Ibruprofen, Sudaphed, and Tylenol at once when I get sick, and I'm still well [i think]. xDD I take Benadryl to put me to sleep a lot too, and no side affects. :D

Wow, I send like a drug abuser. DDx I'm not though, no worries.

So maybe you could talk to your parents about the right medication dosage for you.

Hope you feel better soon!!

I'm sorry to hear that. D:
Did you try eating some ice crem? Maybe the cold temperature of it would help out your teeth... I've never had braces, but I would think that would help. :p

I honestly wouldn't worry too much about overdosing. I' take mulitple Ibruprofen, Sudaphed, and Tylenol at once when I get sick, and I'm still well [i think]. xDD I take Benadryl to put me to sleep a lot too, and no side affects. :D

Wow, I send like a drug abuser. DDx I'm not though, no worries.

So maybe you could talk to your parents about the right medication dosage for you.

Hope you feel better soon!!
That is exactly what I was going to suggest. :mimitchi:

When my braces hurt, I ate ice cream and brushed my teeth all day. I know brushing them when they hurt sounds weird, but it actually helped! xD

I feel so bad for you. I know the exact pain your feeling. Don't you wanna just rip them off of your teeth? :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Ooh. Ouch. I really... REALLY can feel your pain. That's happened to me before. Once I got like my whole bottom jaw with new braces and... man I just wanted to curl up and die. But, I survived. Just stay on pain medication like Advil and such.

It's past dinner, I hadn't eaten for 26 hours until a while ago, when I forced myself to eat some yogurt. I've taken 3 ibruprofens,(over the course of the day)and they haven't helped much. The not eating thing didn't bother me much, the pain seemed to kill my appetite, but I knew I had to eat to live, so i made myself. I'm starting to get used to it, which kinda numbs the pain a bit, so I don't notice it as much. Thanks for all of your support!

ooh sounds majorly uncool

i've never hade braces, my teeth were always

straighte teehee

i've always wondered waht braces were

like though

Don't worry, it'll get better eventually :D No matter how long it takes it WILL get better!

If the pain persists for a very long time, you might want to see your dentist. They know best :(

i just got my braces tighetened too ;)

Like TamaSweetie said, it should go away eventually. If it doesn't, maybe talk to your orthodontist about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back