uni never pauses?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wahoo.wav

Reaction score
my Uni came in the mail a couple weeks ago (didnt post about it because i got super sick) but ive already noticed that the device can't be turned off, the sitter has an undisclosed time limit before your tama gets upset (which i only found out at a dinner with my dad), and there's no proper pause feature. of all things, why is there no pause feature? i had to pass the uni to my older sister for the week when i got sick because i just couldnt keep up with everything Neliatchi needed. why isn't there a clear pause feature? because it has to be online for updates??? just turn off auto update and then it should be fine! it just baffles me. was a pause only added for like, the Friends? or was a long-time feature removed for the sake of staying online? i dont get it. sorry if this is worded weird, i'm still kinda recovering :babytchi:

Does a real dog or cat have a pause button?

Tamagotchi is meant to be a pet, not a game, so nine times out of ten there won't be a pause function built in.

Luckily the Uni is pretty hardy!
(Hope you're feeling better!)

Does a real dog or cat have a pause button?

Tamagotchi is meant to be a pet, not a game, so nine times out of ten there won't be a pause function built in.

Luckily the Uni is pretty hardy!
(Hope you're feeling better!)
that does make sense, yeah. i still personally feel like there should be some sort of pause for the Uni solely because unlike with a real pet the only 2 people in this house that can take care of a tamagotchi are me and my sister, but the uni's my first tama since the Tamagotchi Friends so it's mostly just bias from that honestly. that and i had a nightmare the other day about Coffretchi (running on my aforementioned Friends) randomly getting sick and dying so i've been a little paranoid about something like that lol
and yeah, i'm feeling better! have been for a couple days now :ichigotchi:

I Believe There Is A Babysitter Option, Though.
yeah, but that seems to either have an internal time limit or a specific cut-off point. the sitter's useful for shorter times when i'm not around Neliatchi, but i usually bring the Uni with me just about everywhere so it's not seen much use on my end yet

I literally found in the pdf manual that the sitter is available from 7AM to 5:59PM.

It seems that in the egg stage you can press reset and take a break. It will say Continue/Reset on the screen, but if you ignore that it won’t hatch until you press B later. This doesn’t work if it has already hatched. It isn’t the same as a pause or off feature, but it allows for a break between pets.

Latest posts

Back