Untitled, Chapters 1~2

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tamitamigotchi

Reaction score
~I~

"So, girls, what's bothering you?" Mrs. Watson inquired.

"Well...we're having a problem with these two seventh graders who won't leave us alone," Olivia hesitated. She glanced at me nervously.

"Yeah...like, today, I decorated Olivia's locker with this cute little thing and I put it around her lock, but both of them went to her locker and stole it. They also ripped the wrapping paper she put on my locker." I didn't make eye contact with the counselor; her huge eyes made me feel uncomfortable. I mean, she was pretty, but talk about awkward.

"Okay...Have these boys done anything else to you, Rosemary?" Mrs. Watson asked while scribbling notes on a sticky note.

"Yes, definitely. We used to be friends with one of them-his name is Josh- and he posted some...personal information about me on the internet. When he passes by in the hallway, he also makes some...rude...um..." I hesitated to finish my sentence.

"Yes?"

"Hand gestures..." I finally finished. Mrs. Watson scribbled down some more notes. Olivia couldn't help grinning. She probably would have said he 'flicked us off.'

"Olivia, do you have anything else to say?" Mrs. Watson turned to Olivia, who was preoccupied with fiddling with her thumbs.

"Um...whenever we try to talk to them, they run away...and they also said a lot of mean things to us on IM and sent us emails that were really...unkind." Olivia looked up to Mrs. Watson.

"Do you have both these gentlemen's full names?"

"Yeah...Josh Chung and Jason Liang. If it's possible, do you think you could talk to them for us?"

Mrs. Watson put down her pen and looked Olivia straight in the eye. "Absolutely. These boys are being unkind to you ladies, and that should stop. You have the right to feel safe and be treated decently at this school, and Josh and Jason are taking away these rights. As you might know, the issue concerning inappropriate behavior online could be dealt with even the police. If you had told the administration before me, these boys would probably get suspended. I could tell them that if you want me to, not to scare them, but to let them know these issues do get serious. So anyways, what have you been doing back to them, in response?"

"Well, we've mostly been ignoring them at school and online," I said before Olivia could say something worse or there was another awkward silence.

"Good, good. That's the best thing you can do at this point. So have you tried resolving the problem by talking to the boys?"

"Yes, but whenever we try to pull them aside to talk to them, they just run away from us."

Mrs. Watson nodded. "Okay. That's all the information I need, girls. Thank you so much for your honesty and I'm so glad you came to me to resolve this issue. You've done the right thing by ignoring the boys. I will talk to them tomorrow at seventh grade lunch. Let's see...you two have gym at seventh grade lunch, correct?"

We both nodded. "Okay, then! Let me write you girls late passes and then you can leave," Mrs. Watson smiled. She handed us each a green slip of paper.

"Thank you," Olivia smiled timidly.

Mrs. Watson grinned, lead us out to the hallway, and closed the door behind us.

~II~

"Oh my god. Josh and Jason are busted," Olivia whispered as we took our time walking down the hallway.

I nodded. Josh had been fighting with us for two and a half months. At first, he was really annoying, but then he emailed all the eighth graders and seventh graders, telling them the name of the person I like. He has gone way too far. Olivia and I had been so nice to him and what did he do back?! He decided to make our lives more than miserable. Dang, and he was good about flicking us off everyday. Yes, I had cussed at him, but that was AFTER he had done horrible things that kept me and my best friend feeling down. Jason, on the other hand, was just Josh's little sidekick. I didn't know middle school could lead to friendships with psycho freaks and nerds; but I had already felt the worst of it.

Latest posts

Back