Urban legends.

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

.:FeeBumbleBee:.

Reaction score
That place with the stuff, and the other stuff.
Do you have any stories that circulate around the place where you live? I got a few Texas ones.

This girl was going on a date one night. She watched the news while getting ready, it was a story about a man who had escaped from the mental asylum. He had a hook on his left arm, replacing his hand. She kept getting ready, and her boyfriend picked her up. When they were finished with the movie they drove to Lover's Lane, listening to romantic music on the radio. Then, just as things were heating up, there was an emergency broadcast, about the man with the hook being in the area. The girl freaked out, wanting to go home. The boy was complaining, wanting to continue on. Then, there was a clunk and a horrible screeching noise. They both freaked out and drove away at sixty miles per hour. When they got to the girl's house, she got out, and screamed. Hanging on the door handle was a bloody hook.

That one's old. I've been hearing it since kindergarten. A classic.

Two men were headed out fishing on their boat, when one of them spotted a boy fishing. When they asked him if the fish were biting, the boy replied, "No, but the worms sure are." The men laughed and went on their way. When they returned, they found the boy lying there dead. His can of worms was actually filled with baby Cotton Mouths.

After I heard that one in second grade, I wouldn't touch worms, for like, three years xD

There are these railroad tracks, and on them, a whole bus of children was hit and killed. One night, this couple drove over them, when the motor died. The wife's seatbelt would not unbuckle, and they thought they were gonna die. Then, suddenly, the car was pushed forward. They finally were able to get out of the car, but no one was there. Then, a cold wind hit them, and a bunch of tiny white glowing fingerprints appeared on the back window.

I've actually been to the train tracks it was supposed to have happened on.

So yeah. I love stories. Got any? Especially if their scary..

Nup. None. But, my brother makes all these stupid ones up.

In our shed, live the Ticky Babies. If we were to open the shed up at any time with the number ''6'' in it, the ticky babies would come and kill us.

^Lame.

The -my suburb here- cougher roams the streets looking for little girls to rape and then murder. He has killed 3 kids already; Anna Bigham, Stephanie Willis and Tiffany King.

They're made up by my brother >.<

Where the Mothman stuff happend is in the city my mom and I used to live.

On November 15, 1966, two young, married couples from Point Pleasant, David and Linda Scarberry and Steve and Mary Mallette, were traveling late at night in the Scarberrys' car. They were passing the West Virginia Ordnance Works, an abandoned World War II TNT factory, about seven miles north from Point Pleasant, in the 2,500 acre (10 km²) McClintic Wildlife Station, when they noticed two red lights in the shadows by an old generator plant near the factory gate. They stopped the car, and reportedly discovered that the lights were the glowing red eyes of a large animal, "shaped like a man, but bigger, maybe six and a half or seven feet tall, with big wings folded against its back", according to Roger Scarberry. Terrified, they drove toward Route 62, where the creature supposedly chased them at speeds exceeding 100 miles per hour. However, as quoted in Keel's The Mothman Prophecies, the Scarberrys, despite driving more than 100 miles per hour, claimed to have noticed a dead dog on the side of the road, and in fact made such accurate note of its location that they claimed to have gone back the very next day and looked for it. Explanations for how they were able to make so accurate a mental note at a time of such great distress, or why they would go back to look for the dead dog, are not included in Keel's book.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nope, But I know one >w<

In folklore and children's street culture, "Bloody Mary" is a game in which a ghost of the same name (or sometimes other names, such as "Mary Worth") is said to appear in a mirror when summoned. One of the more common ways participants attempt to make her appear is to stand before a mirror in the dark (most commonly in a bathroom) and repeat her name three times, though there are many variations. Some include chanting a hundred times, chanting at midnight, spinning around, rubbing one's eyes, running the water, or chanting her name thirteen times with a lit candle. In some versions of the legend, the summoner must say, "Bloody Mary, I killed your son!" or "I killed your baby." In these variants, Bloody Mary is often believed to be the spirit of a mother (often a widow) who murdered her children, or a young mother whose baby was stolen from her, which made her go mad in grief and she eventually committed suicide. In stories where Mary is supposed to have been wrongly accused of killing her children, the querent might say "I believe in Mary Worth." This is similar to another game involving the summoning of the Bell Witch in a mirror at midnight. The game is often a test of courage, as it is said that if Bloody Mary is summoned, she would proceed to kill the summoner in an extremely violent way, such as ripping his or her face off, scratching his or her eyes out, driving the person insane or bringing the person into the mirror with her. Some versions say that if you chant her name thirteen times at midnight into a mirror she will appear and you can talk to a deceased person until 12:01, when Bloody Mary and the dead person you asked to speak to will vanish. Other variations say that the querent must not look directly at her, but at her image in the mirror; she will then reveal the querent's future, particularly concerning marriage and children.

Divination rituals such as the one depicted on this early 20th century Halloween greeting card, where a woman stares into a mirror in a darkened room to catch a glimpse of the face of her future husband, while a witch lurks in the shadows, may be one origin of the Bloody Mary legend.Bloody Mary Worth is typically described as a child-murderer who lived in the local city where the legend has taken root years ago. There is often a specific local graveyard or tombstone that becomes attached to the legend.

On the other hand, various people have surmised that the lore about taunting Bloody Mary about her baby may relate her tenuously to folklore about Queen Mary I, known in history by the sobriquet "Bloody Mary". The queen's life was marked by a number of miscarriages or false pregnancies. Had Mary I successfully borne a child, this would have established a Roman Catholic succession in the English monarchy and episcopacy and threatened the continuance of her religious persecutions after her death. Speculation exists that the miscarriages were deliberately induced. As a result, some retellings of the tale make Bloody Mary the queen driven to madness by the loss of her children. It is likely, however, that Queen Mary I provided only her nickname to the Bloody Mary of folklore. She is also confused in some tellings of the story with Mary Queen of Scots.

The mirror ritual by which Bloody Mary is summoned may also relate to a form of divination involving mirrors and darkness that was once performed on Halloween. While as with any sort of folklore the details may vary, this particular tale encouraged young women to walk up a flight of stairs backwards, holding a candle and a hand mirror, in a darkened house. As they gazed into the mirror, they were supposed to be able to catch a view of their future husband's face. There was, however, a chance that they would see the skull-face of the Grim Reaper instead; this meant, of course, that they were destined to die before they married

(Stolen from Wikipedia

Yersh >D I have a couple, but this is the only one that came to my mind.

(Im not sure if its true, but it goes around in my school, so I dont know.)

A girl was always taking the trash out for her parents. She always would complain that glass would break in the bag and stab her. The parents just thought she was trying to get out of her nightly chores, so they didnt listen to her, they just ignored it. A week later, the girl began to scream in her sleep. The parents just thought it was a phase or nightmares. The screaming at night became louder, more creepy. One night, the girls father walked in to see what was happening. He saw nothing but the girl on the floor, screaming loudly. The next week, the girl began wearing long sleeve shirts. Even when it was hot, the girl would wear her sleeved shirts. One day, a teacher lifted her sleeves up. There were deep cuts going up both of her arms. She said she didnt do it. Her parents began to watch her. They took away all of her sharp objects. A month or so later, everything was back to normal. She began to take the trash out again. She then began to complain about the glass more and more. The parents still didnt listen. That night, her parents woke up to a startling scream comming from their daughters room. Then quickly walked to her door. The screaming stopped. When the walked in, they saw her vanity mirror broken into huge shards. She laid on her stomach, dead with the biggest shard through her back and the smaller shards surrounding her body. On the wall in er blood read: You should of listened to her, you bad parents......

---------------------------------------

Creepy, but Im not entirely sure if its true or not. It could just be a story someone started to say around the school out of boredom. Who knows?

I see that Bloody Mary was posted already. I was told about Bloody Mary in like kindergarten. I was afraid to be in the bathroom when no lights were on for months.

Uhm... I know there are more that I learned about when I was younger, but I don't think that they were major, being I can't really recall them now.

Oh yus. x3

There's a road in my villiage that has no lights down it [street lights, I mean]. No one goes down it when it's night. People only go down it on Hallowe'en for dares etc.

Apparently, in the olden days [xD], men with horses and that stuff used to walk down there, and if you go there at night, when it's quiet, you can hear the horses neighing, the clip-clop of their hooves, and sometimes the men themselves.

Well, the neighing and clip-clopping may be for the fact that we have a few horses in our village >.<

It's not exactly scary but it was the only one that came into my mind :3

Oh yeah, I forgot about Bloody Mary. I've known that one my entire life. I never go in the bathroom with the lights off. Ever. xD I'm so stupid like that.

I know a bunch of Mexican ones too, but their all too long and complicated so I'm too lazy to type them up.

I'm scared of Bloody Mary, still.

Freaked out, actually. I'm home alone now, and creeped out. Gawd, waaaaaaaaaaah. I still get scared because of these types of things. Waaaaaah.

Ha, Bloody Mary never scared me. I've heard though that it was a tale to make kids have to use the bathroom. X3

Ouiji scares me though. My close friend knows witnesses of the game, including her own mom (Her mom refuses to tell what happened when she played though because she doesn't want to scare her.) Here's information on it: Click.

Oh, If you read it already, it doesn't have to be a heart. It could be a medicine cup.

Also here are stories of witnesses of my friend:

-One of her friends (I forgot her name) she played Ouiji with her friends so she can try and contact her dead granddad who gave her a violin, so the message said 'Look in the mirror' and when she did, her grandpa's intials (sp?) were on her neck, but only in the mirror.

-Her music teacher played it and the message said 'Look outside' and when he did, the moon was orange

I wanted to play it until I found out that some spirits are evil. o_O

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back